Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown

CR91

I'd like to see better blocking from Brown. He does have speed and awareness. Perhaps with a better O-line, we'll see a significant difference.

I hope to see a lot form Carter, too. Fewer fumbles. I love the way the guy keeps plowing. They have the potential to be a good 1-2 punch.

DB will show improvement once the O Line can make some holes... all too often you'd see him run full steam into the back of a lineman in the past. He has some burst. My guess is he will be the starter for 2012 and will have good enough numbers to keep us from drafting a RB in higher rounds in 2013.

He's a good back. He'll break 1,000 yards this year as long as he is the actual featured back. If we go with a 3 headed attack, he'll probably get about 700 or so.

People like to harp on him about his blocking but I don't think he's bad in that regard. Everyone just puts this stigma on him because of the 'God d***it Brown' play. His pass pro is more than adequate.

He's a good back. He'll break 1,000 yards this year as long as he is the actual featured back. If we go with a 3 headed attack, he'll probably get about 700 or so.

People like to harp on him about his blocking but I don't think he's bad in that regard. Everyone just puts this stigma on him because of the 'God d***it Brown' play. His pass pro is more than adequate.

His blocking did improve for sure. I just hope he can avoid his biggest nemesis which would be the backs of our offensive linemen. haha

so you think he'll regress from last season? because he was averaging 4.5 ypc..I predict low 1000 yards and 10tds..

I thought it was 4.8 ypc... We'll see with a new Oline and Qb with less targets (for now). Not being cynicle, just cautious.

If a back Is a feature back that is getting the bulk of the carries and is able to stay healthy and doesnt break 1000 yds he must really suck or the oline is pitiful.

I hope Donald becomes the guy we drafted him to be this year and really steps up to lead our rushing attack.

All I kno is that before he had a couple good games last year almost everyone was calling him a total bust.

He still only produces a 4.2ypc. Minus his "best game" he only has a 3.8 average.

He had 4.8 yards a carry last year. If you take out his best game, against Tennessee, he averaged 4.1 yards a carry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9291

You could maybe make the argument that he can't handle a 'workhorse' load, but you can't argue his lack of production. With decent blocking, he has shown he is a good RB.....althought the same could be said about pretty much everyone.

Always liked DB it seems everytime he had a good game they would stop useing him

Exactly! At times he would look unstoppable then be standing on the sidelines watching. I never understood that last year and blogged about it, how did the coaches just not see it? He had good hands too out of the backfield. The Colts need to tap into the talents of DB

what I expect from brown? to be on a different team, to indecisive and dances more then Elvis did when he was young

This is just plain inaccurate man. You realize we're talking about Donald Brown, not Addai right?

Brown is the kind of back that runs north and south with reckless abandon, while Addai has more patience and tries to let a hole develop. Brown's style is better fitting for a powerblocking Oline, while Addai fits a zone scheme. With the moves Grigson's been doing, getting more power up front, Brown will show what he can do.

He had 4.8 yards a carry last year. If you take out his best game, against Tennessee, he averaged 4.1 yards a carry.

http://sports.yahoo....fl/players/9291

You could maybe make the argument that he can't handle a 'workhorse' load, but you can't argue his lack of production. With decent blocking, he has shown he is a good RB.....althought the same could be said about pretty much everyone.

Well we will have to see. I don't think he should be #1 because he had one good run on a broken play.

Well we will have to see. I don't think he should be #1 because he had one good run on a broken play.

He had more than one good run last year. If you want to debate whether or not he should have been drafted by us in the first place though, we'd probably agree on that matter. I do not like drafting RBs in round 1, especially when you already have a round 1 back on your roster.

He had more than one good run last year. If you want to debate whether or not he should have been drafted by us in the first place though, we'd probably agree on that matter. I do not like drafting RBs in round 1, especially when you already have a round 1 back on your roster.

I agree we didn't need him to be drafted, but Chris hardly drafted anyone useful.

His better season only seemed to improve because he is so lack luster.

Att Yds Y/A TD
8 38 4.75 0
5 35 7 1
9 47 5.22 0
10 33 3.3 1
16 70 4.38 0
14 53 3.79 0
14 80 5.71 1
14 41 2.93 1
9 28 3.11 0
16 161 10.06 1
11 35 3.18 0
8 24 3 0
134 645 4.81 5

He is just too inconsistent.

When everyone was defending Addai during his poor years, it was ALL the O-lines fault. So surely with Brown, the same applies? Unless you don't think he can run through a big hole?

I'd rather he ran more and blocked less. Leave blocking for the big guys.

Take away Manning's 'best' game in 2006/7, and we don't win the SB. Massaging the stats to help your argument or your dislike of someone is rather lame.

If the O-line improves, he remains healthy, and Carter suddenly doesn't wake up one morning as Adrian Peterson, he'll get his 1000 yards. So, in essence, I've don't have a Scoobie Doo (clue) how his year will be.