Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still A Lot Of Safeties Available

chad72

Atogwe would be a nice pick up but I love love love Yeremiah Bell... that man can knock the snot out of people and he is great in coverage.

BTW.. is Bob Sanders career over?

He's played in a handful of games in what, 4 seasons, i think it's safe to say that his career is over. Last i knew he was with the Chargers

Atogwe would be a nice pick up but I love love love Yeremiah Bell... that man can knock the snot out of people and he is great in coverage.

BTW.. is Bob Sanders career over?

I was going to ask what people thought of Atogwe, I like Bell too. I would be happy with either one I think,

I'm happy with Bethea and Zbikowski and Zbi was supposedly guarranteed the starting safety spot, so that's the reason he even came here, b/c he wanted to start, so he took a cheaper offer. If we bring in another SS, he'll be ticked off and we'll just be wasting our money on either a guy that's not as good as Zbi, or a guy that's better but very injury prone.

Don't worry about safeties!

I'm happy with Bethea and Zbikowski and Zbi was supposedly guarranteed the starting safety spot, so that's the reason he even came here, b/c he wanted to start, so he took a cheaper offer. If we bring in another SS, he'll be ticked off and we'll just be wasting our money on either a guy that's not as good as Zbi, or a guy that's better but very injury prone.

agreed. our starting tandem looks excellent. we'll find some depth in the bottom of the draft/undrafteds

Yeah, I don't see us picking up a safety either, unless it's in a back up role, and that could come in the draft or UDFA.

Besides, so many safeties, so little money.

Even if Freeny restructures, that extra money should be used at CB/TE/NT. I see those as the three biggies right now.

agreed. our starting tandem looks excellent. we'll find some depth in the bottom of the draft/undrafteds

Our depth may already be on the roster - another year older. As long as we don't have to see Lefeged (failing to) return any more kicks I'll be happy.

I still like Lefeged as a reserve/special teamer, and if Caldwell is relegated to special teams, we'll be okay. Signing Zbikowski was a big get for us. Give me a corner and a safety in the draft, and I'll be happy, especially if one of them can return kicks.

For special teams coverage, it would be nice to get another Darrell Reid kind of guy who can make a big play every now and then. Would like to see Jerry Hughes play that role, even though he seems to be allergic to special teams coverage.

Really you have inside Info or you know Zeb. When coach talked about him he said he is a tough guy, who plays hard & will compete for a job & that his real value was as a ST player. I think they are hopping he starts, but I highly DOUBT its GUARANTEED!

as long as we dont have Lefeged trying to return a kick 10 yard deep in the end zone and he is a back up Im fine with what we got for now, but if we didnt need other positions so bad I would pick Bell, he can knock the tick out of somebody

I still like Lefeged as a reserve/special teamer, and if Caldwell is relegated to special teams, we'll be okay. Signing Zbikowski was a big get for us. Give me a corner and a safety in the draft, and I'll be happy, especially if one of them can return kicks.

For special teams coverage, it would be nice to get another Darrell Reid kind of guy who can make a big play every now and then. Would like to see Jerry Hughes play that role, even though he seems to be allergic to special teams coverage.

AGREED I played safety in college & think Lefeged has a chance. Tough kid. & yes Hughes is allergic to CONTACT on ST's for some reason.

I think we are good at safety. We have Bethea and Zibkowski. We also have Caldwell and Lefeged back and while neither is going to set the world on fire at safety both are decent back ups.

We need help at the corner spot in the secondary but I look for that to happen in the draft.

Really you have inside Info or you know Zeb. When coach talked about him he said he is a tough guy, who plays hard & will compete for a job & that his real value was as a ST player. I think they are hopping he starts, but I highly DOUBT its GUARANTEED!

From what i read in an article on ESPN, he said that he came here because he was knew he was going to start.

Wow The coach didn't say that,but hey I don't care who starts as long as the are good. The high lights I saw of him are encouraging. Unfortunately they were all from college.

Zeb didn't exactly say he knows he's going to start here. He said he was coming to Indy because there was a better chance he could start here which there is. Even he knows he's not going to beat out Ed Reed and Pollard. He had that chance last year and couldn't do it so he came to Indy where odds are he'll have an easier time beating out Lefeged and Caldwell for the starting job. So I'd agree with you while we can probably put him down as the starter right now probably best not to write that in ink just yet.

Wow The coach didn't say that,but hey I don't care who starts as long as the are good. The high lights I saw of him are encouraging. Unfortunately they were all from college.

I know the coach didn't say that, Zbi said that. He also said that he had the best chance of starting here than in Baltimore. I never said the coach said that.