Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New and Improved Mascot

Mighty Blue

image.thumb.png.107dc897a6e874dc4e6d3ac80409f8f6.pngHowdy, from Glendale Arizona. This is my 3rd year of trying to upgrade our mascot, Blue. Since our team is still rebuilding to Champion caliber, I thought giving Blue an upgrade that would be more entertaining for kids and exciting to watch the transformation during the game. Here goes, Blue can get the fans pumped up for keeping the lead or having to come back from behind to win the game. On the big screen, Blue runs back to his locker room...the room shakes and the door opens with smoke coming out and "Boom,out comes a morphed mascot called "MIGHTY BLUE!" The fans there in the stadium start cheering and making a lot of noise(TV fans see it too)/ This mascot looks like the one in the picture from the PRO SHOP. If the picture does not get posted, I'll describe it...it is a white headed full size horse head with a muscular human-like body wearing a Colts uniform #00 holding a football leaping into the end zone. Then, after the game, Mighty Blue morphs back onto our beloved Blue.

Talk about a great marketing idea! It's Freakin' awesome and I am giving you this idea...for free. 

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Blue is a Hall of Famer and and he generates most of his power from his belly. If he bulked up I fear it would hinder his flexibility and we wouldn’t get to see him smacking down little kids in the peewee league. 

49aca2b31ceb767f5b5ce77191a8a05e.gif

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Blue is a Hall of Famer and and he generates most of his power from his belly. If he bulked up I fear it would hinder his flexibility and we wouldn’t get to see him smacking down little kids in the peewee league. 

Blue playing peewee football is gold.

22 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Blue playing peewee football is gold.

My Grandkids have been seeing him since 2006 right thru 2007 and the super bowl. 

Now my Great Grandkids have been watching him for 10 years. 

I would hate to see that aspect of Blue taken away. 

I maybe could warm up to the idea of having a female Blue? She could be the tough one? 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

My Grandkids have been seeing him since 2006 right thru 2007 and the super bowl. 

Now my Great Grandkids have been watching him for 10 years. 

I would hate to see that aspect of Blue taken away. 

I maybe could warm up to the idea of having a female Blue? She could be the tough one? 

I mean....there is a Blue Jr, so we know there’s a Mrs. or ex Mrs. Blue, right? Maybe that’s her on the right? 

EMCdJBjXsAAEq3k.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

image.thumb.png.107dc897a6e874dc4e6d3ac80409f8f6.pngHowdy, from Glendale Arizona. This is my 3rd year of trying to upgrade our mascot, Blue. Since our team is still rebuilding to Champion caliber, I thought giving Blue an upgrade that would be more entertaining for kids and exciting to watch the transformation during the game. Here goes, Blue can get the fans pumped up for keeping the lead or having to come back from behind to win the game. On the big screen, Blue runs back to his locker room...the room shakes and the door opens with smoke coming out and "Boom,out comes a morphed mascot called "MIGHTY BLUE!" The fans there in the stadium start cheering and making a lot of noise(TV fans see it too)/ This mascot looks like the one in the picture from the PRO SHOP. If the picture does not get posted, I'll describe it...it is a white headed full size horse head with a muscular human-like body wearing a Colts uniform #00 holding a football leaping into the end zone. Then, after the game, Mighty Blue morphs back onto our beloved Blue.

Talk about a great marketing idea! It's Freakin' awesome and I am giving you this idea...for free. 

This thing has been around forever, Denver has a similar one.

1E72D6EC-99EE-4299-89B4-D78E486D128E.png

5309A099-4089-4DF6-BE12-C69973332233.jpeg

On 5/23/2020 at 8:24 PM, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

That horse looks pretty jacked up.....

Let’s get rid of Blue and then bring Andrew back and put a horse head on him.... let him earn some of that 24 million Jimmy gave him. 

:peek:

On 5/23/2020 at 11:24 PM, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

I think this idea is awful... sorry.  3 strikes, you are out.  Give it up

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No improvement needed

This had me rolling, I also love our mascot just the way he is! I was at a charity event last year that Blue made an appearance at. There was a Harley motorcycle club there as well, pretty rough looking bunch. One of them yelled ”GO BEARS,” at Blue as he was walking into a building. Blue walked back out backwards, walked right up into the guys face and stared at him, then blew his nose streamers at him, thrust his midsection at him like in the video then strutted off, it was hilarious, the Harley dude didn’t even know how to react, lol! 

Screen_Shot_2014-12-09_at_5.40.40_PM.0.0

image.jpeg

Archived