Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Found A Home, Sign The 1St Pick

jemack

Or does Irsay want to drag out the suspence. Maybe the longer the Colts wait, the more likely they wont choose Luck. Maybe they're fielding offers that we don't know about. we know how tight lipped Irsay is. haha (sorry! couldn't say that with a straight face)

So, he wants a Qb in the draft... C'mon Jimmy! Show the fans you know what the team needs and make your selection now! God broke the "Owner's Mold" when he made you! You renegade!

Show the NFL world you step to a different beat (as long as sanctions aren't involved)

:edit:

Just don't watch the History Channel, be on it. Pick up that phone, call Goodell's Bat line and say "With the 1st pick of the 2012's NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select....."

And make us proud!

Edited by PeytonGirl
inappropriate

There is no way at all the Colts are even entertaining the idea of trading the pick. We need a franchise QB and despite what some very unknowledgeable people think, they do not grow on tree's. With that being said, there simply isn't any reason to sign Luck now, don't mean they won't but their certainly isn't no reason to be in such a hurry. Luck could fall down a flight of stairs next week and break his neck (I know thats very pessimistic), but injury is still a possibility between now and the draft.

There is no way at all the Colts are even entertaining the idea of trading the pick. We need a franchise QB and despite what some very unknowledgeable people think, they do not grow on tree's. With that being said, there simply isn't any reason to sign Luck now, don't mean they won't but their certainly isn't no reason to be in such a hurry. Luck could fall down a flight of stairs next week and break his neck (I know thats very pessimistic), but injury is still a possibility between now and the draft.

He could fall down while walking off the Draft's stage.... So?

Or does Irsay want to drag out the suspence. Maybe the longer the Colts wait, the more likely they wont choose Luck. Maybe they're fielding offers that we don't know about. we know how tight lipped Irsay is. haha (sorry! couldn't say that with a straight face)

So, he wants a Qb in the draft... C'mon Jimmy! Show the fans you know what the team needs and make your selection now! God broke the "Owner's Mold" when he made you! You renegade!

Show the NFL world you step to a different beat (as long as sanctions aren't involved)

Show the fans there's meat and potatos where your pants zip, not a red pepper and pitted olives!

Just don't watch the History Channel, be on it. Pick up that phone, call Goodell's Bat line and say "With the 1st pick of the 2012's NFL Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select....."

And make us proud!

Funny. Ridiculous but funny.

If we traded the pick now there is a very real chance fans would burn the Colts Complex. They have been sold on letting Peyton Manning go because we are getting one of the can't miss QB prospects in this draft. If that didn't happen fans would revolt. You don't release a QB like Peyton Manning and look for a guy who isn't even the best QB in that draft and say yep this is our replacement. You just don't.

With that said I think we are going to wait Luck and RG3 have their pro days which should happen at the end of the month and then make our final decision. Frankly I think the Colts are probably already 95% sure who they are going to take but they don't have to rush this they should do the full process and get all the information they can. Once that happens I think you'll see a deal in place before the draft and the draft it's self will be a formality.

:edit:

And make us proud!

Be anxious for nothing my friend. All things in due time.

You sign Luck for 1 reason and one reason only: get him a playbook in hand and start teaching him the offense. If their mind is that made up there's no reason not to sign him now, none.

Im not sure they can do that.. Does the CBA allow for an undrafted player to have coaching or "teaching"?

You don't sign him until the week of the draft. Too much could could go wrong to do it any sooner.

He might not even be able to go to all mini-camps/OTA's based on Stanford's academic schedule. They have a quarter system like Ohio State does and Anthony Gonzalez couldn't attend workouts until the quarter was done in June. This is why Manning would drive to Columbus a couple days a week to work out with him to get him caught up in the offense.

The Stanford RB that Minnesota drafted a few years back was faced with the same issues.

They can't give him a play book or anything else until after the draft, so there is no reason to sign him until a couple days before the draft at the earliest. They very well may be talking to his agent now and are getting the parameters of the contract in place, but it would be dumb of the Colts to sign him. Can you imagine the outrage toward Irsay if they signed him a month before the draft and something bad happened to him before the draft?

Im not sure they can do that.. Does the CBA allow for an undrafted player to have coaching or "teaching"?

Exactly what I was going to post. I don't think playbooks can be passed out until camp?

I have the same question.

No they can't be coached or taught. Even using Manning as an example, he cannot work out with or meet with the Broncos coaches at this point.

Luck will be given a playbook on draft day.

If we traded the pick now there is a very real chance fans would burn the Colts Complex. They have been sold on letting Peyton Manning go because we are getting one of the can't miss QB prospects in this draft. If that didn't happen fans would revolt. You don't release a QB like Peyton Manning and look for a guy who isn't even the best QB in that draft and say yep this is our replacement. You just don't.

With that said I think we are going to wait Luck and RG3 have their pro days which should happen at the end of the month and then make our final decision. Frankly I think the Colts are probably already 95% sure who they are going to take but they don't have to rush this they should do the full process and get all the information they can. Once that happens I think you'll see a deal in place before the draft and the draft it's self will be a formality.

can i light the torch? haha

No they can't be coached or taught. Even using Manning as an example, he cannot work out with or meet with the Broncos coaches at this point.

Luck will be given a playbook on draft day.

Yep, and he'll accepted the playbook whilst on stage, drop back three steps from the podium, check his first three options, pat the playbook once, * his arm, and Melvin Ingram and Quinton Coples will enter stage right and left, and pound him into the boards for a seven yard loss.

Welcome to the NFL Mr Luck.....

Yep, and he'll accepted the playbook whilst on stage, drop back three steps from the podium, stare down his receiver, pat the playbook once, * his arm, and Melvin Ingram and Quinton Coples will enter stage right and left, and pound him into the boards for a seven yard loss.

Welcome to the NFL Mr Luck.....

Fixed it. ;)

Sorry that some of you are impatient, but you're very likely just going to have to "suffer" for awhile. Incredibly painful I know, but somehow I think that you'll make it. There is simply no benefit to the team in drafting early. It sounds like some here are so sold on Luck that they simply want the pick made now so that they can let go of their fears that the Colts might draft someone else. I don't share any of your concerns.

What if the Colts haven't finished their research yet? What if after the pro-days and all they decide that Griffin is the better QB? Personally I have absolutely no idea which one of them is better (and please don't debate it here, there are a zillion other threads serving that thrilling purpose). For all we know Weeden will end up being the best QB, and the Dolphins (grabbing him out of desperation in the 3rd round) will end up winning the Super Bowl before we do.

The point is, I want the Colts to take their time, do ALL their homework, and then draft the best QB available. This decision is going to impact this franchise for a LONG time. The fact that so many people on here assume that Luck is the best QB available really doesn't contribute anything positive to the situation. We are going to have a new QB next year. I know it's exiting because it's new. I know it's depressing because it's sad. I know it will be interesting to watch the changes. I know it will be boring and frustrating to watch a newborn make ALL those mistakes all over again (much easier to absorb when you've stunk for 20 years rather than 1). What I don't know is who that QB is going to be. Patience is a virtue.