Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady a Buc

22 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

They better shore up that o line.

Bucs have the 7th best OL in the league. One of the best, if not the best interior. If they upgrade a T they will rival the Colts. 

They have a pretty good overall roster, especially on O and D against the run (1st).

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Bucs have the 7th best OL in the league. One of the best, if not the best interior. If they upgrade a T they will rival the Colts. 

They have a pretty good overall roster, especially on O and D against the run (1st).

I don't understand what Bradys attraction is to Bruce Arians system.  Brady doesn't have the type of arm that is required for all those deep throws and 7 step drops.  I'm wondering what he's thinking?

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't understand what Bradys attraction is to Bruce Arians system.  Brady doesn't have the type of arm that is required for all those deep throws and 7 step drops.  I'm wondering what he's thinking?

I think Arians pretty much told Tom he would install any offense he wanted lol.... 

TB was pretty much irrelevant yesterday. Today they'll sell out everything lol. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

I think Arians pretty much told Tom he would install any offense he wanted lol.... 

TB was pretty much irrelevant yesterday. Today they'll sell out everything lol. 

I got to see how they work this out because I think it's a bad fit if he's going to run Arians system.  And we all know Arians despises the dink and dunk passing game so I want find out just how much of a leash is he giving Tom here? I'm really curious!

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

I got to see how they work this out because I think it's a bad fit if he's going to run Arians system.  And we all know Arians despises the dink and dunk passing game so I want find out just how much of a leash is he giving Tom here? I'm really curious!

Purely my opinion, but I think it will work out pretty good. Tom can do more than dink and dunk. Mike Evans will be Brady's fav from day one, and is a huge target outside and down the field. Brady will think he's got Keyshawn back lol.... Godwin is great too. His #3 and #4 are both pretty decent, he's got two good TEs that will feast, and a RB that can catch well. 

In short, They'll come to a happy medium, and you can bank that Tom made sure that he knows exactly what he's walking into as far as scheme is concerned. I think Arians has permanently attached lips to Tom's backside.

I just heard. I would think that Bruce would play to Tom’s strengths but I don’t need to tell anybody here how much he likes doing that. Bruce Arians is about as interested in doing things any way besides his as Tom Landry. 

Every quarterback he’s ever had not named Peyton has ended up hurt or benched, in spite of playing well then getting blamed  in some cases like Palmer. He doesn’t use FBs. He sells out to the pass, and wow I mean I just don’t get it.

Maybe Brady has decided he wants to go out taking the first advice he ever got from Drew Bledsoe. 

48 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just heard. I would think that Bruce would play to Tom’s strengths but I don’t need to tell anybody here how much he likes doing that. Bruce Arians is about as interested in doing things any way besides his as Tom Landry. 

Every quarterback he’s ever had not named Peyton has ended up hurt or benched, in spite of playing well then getting blamed  in some cases like Palmer. He doesn’t use FBs. He sells out to the pass, and wow I mean I just don’t get it.

Maybe Brady has decided he wants to go out taking the first advice he ever got from Drew Bledsoe. 

I think Bruce will act a bit differently than Tom. The dynamics might even be totally reversed.

Everyone on the NFL Channel and ESPN is saying this is a great fit for Brady, I was like how? I guess he does have more weapons but Arians style puts QB's in danger - See Ben and Luck. Brady doesn't have great arm strength anymore. He likes the short passing game. Maybe Arians will cater to Brady but Arians is stubborn.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone on the NFL Channel and ESPN is saying this is a great fit for Brady, I was like how? I guess he does have more weapons but Arians style puts QB's in danger - See Ben and Luck. Brady doesn't have great arm strength anymore. He likes the short passing game. Maybe Arians will cater to Brady but Arians is stubborn.

Good OL, two stud WRs, better than average TEs, a RB that is good and can catch too. #1 D vs the run. Just need a few pieces. If they get a good OT, their OL will likely be top 3ish. If they can get a few pieces on D to improve vs the pass, they'll have a top 10 D.

I'd bet the owner (Glazer Family) told Arians and Licht that they both now work "with" Brady lol... 

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Good OL, two stud WRs, better than average TEs, a RB that is good and can catch too. #1 D vs the run. Just need a few pieces. If they get a good OT, their OL will likely be top 3ish. If they can get a few pieces on D to improve vs the pass, they'll have a top 10 D.

I'd bet the owner (Glazer Family) told Arians and Licht that they both now work "with" Brady lol... 

They do look good on paper.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be something!

I think Gronk was tired of no-fun-football with Belichick towards the end. Just like I think Brady was tired of waiting for BB to get him some reliable and long term pass catcher help. Neither needed more rings, but they still love the game, and I'm sure love the money. I think Brady is sitting pretty with TB in terms of existing talent around him, and I think NE needs more pieces. It'll be interesting and fun to watch both teams this year. Of course I'd love to see Brady throw as many INTs as Winston, and BB go 0-16. 

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Very good. And just wait till Gronk comes out of retirement for a little fun in the dirty South.

Gronk is going to have too much fun in the WWE to come back to the NFL. 

He loves the limelight a lot. 

He can live the celebrity life in the WWE and not have to deal with the pressure of producing in the NFL. 

Gronk is well aware of his status in the NFL of being one of the greatest if not the best TEs in NFL history. IMO he won't want to tarnish that by coming back into the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Gronk was tired of no-fun-football with Belichick towards the end. Just like I think Brady was tired of waiting for BB to get him some reliable and long term pass catcher help. Neither needed more rings, but they still love the game, and I'm sure love the money. I think Brady is sitting pretty with TB in terms of existing talent around him, and I think NE needs more pieces. It'll be interesting and fun to watch both teams this year. Of course I'd love to see Brady throw as many INTs as Winston, and BB go 0-16. 

Speaking of BB, who the heck is going to be NE's QB? That will be interesting to see.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Gronk is going to have too much fun in the WWE to come back to the NFL. 

He loves the limelight a lot. 

He can live the celebrity life in the WWE and not have to deal with the pressure of producing in the NFL. 

Gronk is well aware of his status in the NFL of being one of the greatest if not the best TEs in NFL history. IMO he won't want to tarnish that by coming back into the NFL. 

I was being sarcastic lol... but you never know with Gronk.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Speaking of BB, who the heck is going to be NE's QB? That will be interesting to see.

I've been pondering that a bit. I think possibly Dalton to compete with Stidham.

My dream scenario though is that BB gets Winston from TB and turns him to Tom Brady 2.0 LOL.... 

15 hours ago, w87r said:

Arians going to get the old man killed.

Tom Moore will prevent that...

12 hours ago, krunk said:

Tom Moore and Arians will completely allow TB12 to audible at the L.O.S. and get out of plays that the Defense is prepared to defend. Brady can read a D, and pretty much knows where the ball is going pre-snap.  He'll adjust a play when called for, and run a play when it seems it will knife the defense.

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

I didn't know the Superbowl is in Tampa this year.  Quiet announcement by Brady with that Bucs choice.

TB12 trying to make more history. Make another SB, but also in his home stadium.

Archived