Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Agrees To Go To Denver [Mega-Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

No one is a "guaranteed" sure bet of going to the Superbowl and/or playoffs. Anyone can lose at any given time. To say the 49ers are going to the Superbowl with Peyton is a guess at best.

Anyways, Jay Glazier reported that Manning would run his own offense in Denver and not in Tennessee and San Fran.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 49ers are in the NFC....

How can he ever meet his brother in the Super Bowl if he's in the NFC...

Manning vs. Manning in NOLA..it's far fetched but possible.

...and he shuts down Tebow-mania....for 2 or 3 years

How can you not love this guy

I know that two nfc teams can't meet in the superbowl!! Sorry I figured everyone would realize I meant he did'nt want those two to meet for the right to go.

If it is true that the 49ers made a solid offer,then this choice makes no sense at all. The 49ers are ready to win it all right now and with PM they would have been instant favorites to do just that. Just makes we wonder if this is not being in the nfc with Eli or more about wanting to be in an easy division in the afc. I truly feel he just missed a big chance at two more rings,wow, the rest of the nfc is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Freedom on controlling the offense and of course major factor Eli, believe it or not.

It's not about setting up a Manning v Manning Super Bowl.

To me it would be more about not having a Giants/49ers Wild-Card, divisional or NFCCG game just as I believe it was a contributing factor in Eli not wanting anything to do with SD, to prevent Eli & Peyton facing each other in the AFC playoffs.

That's what I was trying to get at, and a possible shot at the Colts maybe in the playoffs could be in play.

It's not about setting up a Manning v Manning Super Bowl.

To me it would be more about not having a Giants/49ers Wild-Card, divisional or NFCCG game just as I believe it was a contributing factor in Eli not wanting anything to do with SD, to prevent Eli & Peyton facing each other in the AFC playoffs.

Obviously..both could be true.

He doesnt want to eliminate his brother in the wild card...or divisional playoffs

....AND he'd like to meet him in the Super Bowl in NOLA....I'm sure they've thought of that possibility

...with the success those two boys have had....they're shooting for the moon.

Denver vs. NYG in NOLA...with Archie as special guest referee

a two-week Manning love fest..//You know you'd watch,

Denver was his gut from the beginning but he had to pause to think about 49ers.

If he goes to 49ers, division would win, but still have to go through more tough teams in the playoffs.

P & E

when I saw him walking and talking with John Elway.....I thought sure it would be Denver

Obviously Elway was Manning before Manning was..two icons..

For Peyton..it was probably like talking football with Johnny Unitas

That's what I was trying to get at, and a possible shot at the Colts maybe in the playoffs could be in play.

If he wanted a "shot at the Colts", then he should have just gone and played for TN where he would have gotten 10 of them (at least)...assuming he plays out all 5 years of his deal.

Obviously..both could be true.

He doesnt want to eliminate his brother in the wild card...or divisional playoffs

....AND he'd like to meet him in the Super Bowl in NOLA....I'm sure they've thought of that possibility

...with the success those two boys have had....they're shooting for the moon.

Denver vs. NYG in NOLA...with Archie as special guest referee

a two-week Manning love fest..//You know you'd watch,

I'd watch it if it were Jacksonville vs. the Rams. Let Archie flip the coin if that is how it ends up.

I don't think he'd duck that shot. If it were a main factor he would have gone to the Titans and beaten the Colts like a drum for the next 4-5 years.

According to a tweet quoted on the Bronco's board Peyton said his head told him to go to SanFran but his heart told him to go to Denver. He said Elway also had a lot to do with the decision.

Elaway >>>ed the Colt's the year before they moved to Indy.What a traitor.I bet Jim doesn't talk much to him anymore going off to bucky teeth's team.

If 5 years $95 million is true, I seriously doubt the Broncos have any money to spend on those guys.

the broncos have almost $50 million in cap space and no major FAs of their own to sign... even if Peyton's cap # is close to $20, that leaves them with a LOT of space left to sign other players. I would guess that his deal will be back loaded, since in 2yrs the cap is expected to go WAY up

If 5 years $95 million is true, I seriously doubt the Broncos have any money to spend on those guys.

If they have about $39 mil. of cap space as reported, they can make room for Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, Mike Wallace, and even Brodrick Bunkley, DT.

The most interesting questions arising out of these is how will Peyton play against Romeo Crennel and the Chiefs twice a year, and how will Peyton fare against the Chargers twice a year? It will still be interesting to watch if you are a fan of football.

absolutely right....

He never wants to eliminate his brother ...I can respect that

..and he and his family would love an all-Manning Super Bowl...(might be a little much for the rest of us)

....especially if it was in NOLA

If its true..its a good choice...

no way.Denver isn't that good.They might be better they are far from SB caliber.

I'd watch it if it were Jacksonville vs. the Rams. Let Archie flip the coin if that is how it ends up.

I don't think he'd duck that shot. If it were a main factor he would have gone to the Titans and beaten the Colts like a drum for the next 4-5 years.

maybe,you act like the Titans are good.PMis 36 ,and one shot from being retired permanently.

obviously it was him wanting a big paycheck more then winning a superbowl. maybe the colts should trade a 6th round pick for Tebow lol and we can place him at FB. im joking about that btw.... but denver over san fran? he could have easily won a superbowl next year or atleast had a very good shot at winning one in san fran with that defense and the WR's he would have around him. i kinda feel bad for the niners, because now they may end up with out a QB if smith signs in Miami.

it was said last week broncos offered manning 60 million for 5 years, so he would be making what 10 or 11 million a year? but that is if that offer was real or just someone trying to make a story.

whats everyones thoughts on him going to Denver?

I really don't think it was the money. Reports were that all three front running teams were going to offer a similar contract.

I think it boils down to the cap space. The Broncos have TONS of cap space to hire a lot of pieces... including Saturday and Clark.

It'll be interesting to see if those two eventually do follow Peyton out there. Personally, I agree with everyone else that SF would've been a better fit, but I can see the reasoning.

maybe,you act like the Titans are good.PMis 36 ,and one shot from being retired permanently.

It's not that the Titans are world beaters. They would be far better with Manning than without Manning.

The one shot comment could be made about any player in the league. Brady, Luck, anyone. Manning is not at more risk of that happening than anyone else.

This is what a Packers fan told me. He knows his stuff most of the time.

The Niners also had an offensive line that would not have carried if the quarterback got killed out there.

I know you can say Alex Smith holds onto the ball too long (because he does) but going back and watching him against the Saints and Giants, even in the playoffs he was getting clobbered, and on top of that, the Saints pass rush was really awful last season. Harper was their sack leader and he's not even a linebacker or defensive end, and still yet, the Saints managed to put Smith on the ground and knock him around in that game. Smith was sacked 44 times last year in the regular season, and that is not easy numbers of constantly taking hit after hit, especially for someone like Manning coming back from a neck injury.

Had Manning went to S.F. he would have been risking his life behind that tick poor offensive line. I don't blame him one bit. Go get two overrated receivers, one past his prime (Moss) and one that is scared of taking big hits (Manningham) and that's still not enough. He would need protection. You gotta protect your quarterback.

Personally, I agree with everyone else that SF would've been a better fit

SF would have been a better fit w.r.t a defense and running game but Denver is a better fit from the point of view of having a better pass blocking O-line, IMO. Tebow running around and taking coverage sacks made the Denver O-line look worse than it was, IMO. At this point, Peyton does need to worry about O-line and he can get similar winning with Denver as well because the AFC is really not filled with good QBs right now while the NFC is cooking better with Brees, Rodgers, Ryan, Eli, Vick, Romo and even the newcomer Cam Newton.

In other words, Peyton has a much greater chance of making the SB if not winning the SB from the AFC than the NFC due to the QB quality and the familiarity with Ds

It's not that the Titans are world beaters. They would be far better with Manning than without Manning.

The one shot comment could be made about any player in the league. Brady, Luck, anyone. Manning is not at more risk of that happening than anyone else.

I love reading your posts and stuff firejim but those other players have not had 4 neck surgeries,which is a very delicate situation.So yes he is much more susceptible right now.

Wish Peyton well...unless facing the Colts. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos do in the playoffs with Peyton. Remember Tebow actually won a playoff game for them last year so one and done will not be acceptable for the arguably G.O.A.T. There will be no blaming the defense in Mile High. Glad he chose Denver though as opposed to Tennessee. Now hopefully this will provide the closure needed for some Colts fans to move on towards the future.

That is what I figured I think Peyton has a crush on Elway and that was the deciding factor. IMO its gonna turn out to be a big mistake, but oh well. IMO it had nothing to do with Eli.

Elways teeth probably mesmerized him to the point he couldn't say no.

Wish Peyton well...unless facing the Colts. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos do in the playoffs with Peyton. Remember Tebow actually won a playoff game for them last year so one and done will not be acceptable for the arguably G.O.A.T. There will be no blaming the defense in Mile High. Glad he chose Denver though as opposed to Tennessee. Now hopefully this will provide the closure needed for some Colts fans to move on towards the future.

That's not going to happen until he retires CS...and maybe not then..

he's a favorite son....and he'll be on TV every week.

he's Indy's Johnny Unitas....You're asking fro something that isnt possible

This is what a Packers fan told me. He knows his stuff most of the time.

Yep. I said that in the other thread. Denver has a better pass blocking O-line whose sack stats are skewed by Tebow outside the pocket taking coverage sacks. Plus familiarity with Ds and shallow QB quality depth in the AFC gives Peyton the best chance to reach SB from AFC than NFC.

We will see about that when they face the 2 TE offense of the Patriots, the Broncos have major issues covering the middle.

I hear you but what defense doesn't struggle against the Pats O. The point is the Denver defense is not soft and sorry like the Indy defenses he had to shoulder for so many years...so that excuse is out the window as far as I'm concerned. Let's see what he does. I wish him the best.

That's not going to happen until he retires CS...and maybe not then..

he's a favorite son....and he'll be on TV every week.

he's Indy's Johnny Unitas....You're asking fro something that isnt possible

Yeah Peyton is the Indy Unitas. Closure just means that you move on to the current reality...does not require anyone to forget.

Good news for Peyton Manning. As I have said before, John Elway is the Broncos answer to Pontius Pilate and to see where Tim Tebow resurrects his career will be interesting. I figure a few teams will be looking for new quarterbacks after all this.

How come every time we get a spectacular QB, they end their career in Denver (Elway and Manning)?

Does anyone else think Luck will somehow end up in Denver a few years down the road? He has already been compared to BOTH Elway and Manning!

They don't have a stud RB they have 1 good young WR, the D is not as good as some think. I just feel the 49ers are way ahead of them.

I don't think we know what kind of receivers the Broncos have, they had Tebow throwing to them. As far as the D goes, Tebow is also a contributing factor there. How many 3 and outs did the offense have which gave the defense very little rest?

I really doubt Eli factored in at all. I think it would prevent him from going to an NFC East team, but not the NFC completely. I think it has more to do with how comfortable he would be playing for Fox vs. Harbaugh. Fox will let him do what he has been doing for his whole career. Harbaugh would have trouble giving up control.

As far as the 49ers being more ready to win - maybe, maybe not. They probably overachieved last year and had a very easy schedule. Alex Smith had the best game of his career vs. the Saints. Denver was 8-8 with the worst QB in the league and has lots of cap space to upgrade (maybe even bring in a couple of ex-Colts). Don't underestimate the value of Saturday who could go to the Broncos. Peyton trusts him to make all the line calls. When Saturday was out injured, Peyton had to do that.