Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to work out FA kickers today

NannyMcafee

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Mixed emotions on this, but they at least need to see who's available.  I know some of the misses haven't all been AV's fault, but he has missed kicks that an NFL level kicker should miss.

He may be the GOAT, but he's not the greatest of right now.  We have 3 big divisional games coming up and can't afford to lose any of them due to missed extra points and makeable FG's

There’s no reason for mixed emotions.  I mean, I get being sad about it being (past) Vinny’s time to go.  But don’t let that convince you that it isn’t (past) his time to go.

Sometimes doing the right thing feels wrong.  It’s still the right thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

There is the solution, when the Colts are within FG range they need to keep getting delay of game penalties until it's a 50+ yard FG and then send AV out.

And you guys want a new kicker, when the solution is that easy. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a323c0590e72a45cb5e

Now that’s using your noodle. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Eh. We’ve done this once already. 

I don’t expect a move. Even if Ballard and Reich wanted to make one I’m not so sure Irsay would just let them throw out a player who has meant to the game and us what Adam has. 

It’s easy to talk all that business, but when it comes time to pull the trigger it’s a different story, especially in the middle of the season like this. 

Just silly. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just put him IR instead of just cutting him.

Dirty pool. If he still wants to kick beyond his stay here he should by all means be allowed to. IR’ing him to get him off the field is the same as cutting him, just with a dirtbag twist. 

I guarantee you Belichick is ready to make a call as soon as he hears any news. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

Dirty pool. If he still wants to kick beyond his stay here he should by all means be allowed to. IR’ing him to get him off the field is the same as cutting him, just with a dirtbag twist. 

I guarantee you Belichick is ready to make a call as soon as he hears any news. 

Nobody is going to sign him when he is last in the league.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Just silly. 

Silly? That’s the whole human part of it. Do you realize he’s been here now for some 15 years? He’s been here longer than almost anyone else in this organization. He’s been nothing short of an upstanding member of this team and this community. 

You don’t have the damn personal connection to him that exists within this organization. And if you did you wouldn’t be near as willing to just toss him aside like some guy off the street. You just cut bait on your longtime friends when they can’t benefit you any more?

Theres a whole other side to this issue that runs a lot deeper than “what have you done for me lately?”

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody is going to sign him when he is last in the league.

I guarantee you Belichick is ready to make the call as soon as he hears any news. 

• Like 1

i know he’s missing kicks and all but i feel like everyone’s blaming strictly Him..i blame snapper holder and kicker but everyone’s ignoring the two who touch the ball before Vinny and even Patty Mac states there’s issues all around between those 3 and how him overton and vinny never had those issues which we all know to be true how often were our kicking game this atrocious under those 3 i recall Never

Just now, John Waylon said:

Silly? That’s the whole human part of it. Do you realize he’s been here now for some 15 years? He’s been here longer than almost anyone else in this organization. He’s been nothing short of an upstanding member of this team and this community. 

You don’t have the damn personal connection to him that exists within this organization. And if you did you wouldn’t be near as willing to just toss him aside like some guy off the street. You just cut bait on your longtime friends when they can’t benefit you any more?

Theres a whole other side to this issue that runs a lot deeper than “what have you done for me lately?”

Their job is to win games. Fans go to those games to watch their team do what it takes to win. Fans pay for tickets because in belief that the team is putting winning first, not relationships. 

• Like 1

Just now, will426 said:

i know he’s missing kicks and all but i feel like everyone’s blaming strictly Him..i blame snapper holder and kicker but everyone’s ignoring the two who touch the ball before Vinny and even Patty Mac states there’s issues all around between those 3 and how him overton and vinny never had those issues which we all know to be true how often were our kicking game this atrocious under those 3 i recall Never

I did make it a point last week that some of the snaps have not been quite as crisp as they should be, but that was totally washed away in the rush to blame. It’s a real lonely road to walk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

If AV had any class, and to take the pressure off Ballard and the coaching staff. he would claim to have a season ending knee injury.

He is hurting the team, he has lost the  locker room he has nothing to prove, so I believe him to be selfish. I know our Coach wants to a players coach ,,,, but sometimes he has to step up and do the right thing.

Who was that kicker That Pittsburg picked up at the end of the year who came in and made 3 Fg and has never missed a PAT

This is a bad post.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Their job is to win games. Fans go to those games to watch their team do what it takes to win. Fans pay for tickets because in belief that the team is putting winning first, not relationships. 

Sorry. That is 100% not the mentality on 56th street. 

Guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

agreed

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The guys that might are in the CFL or have already signed deals with XFL teams

And you know this how?  

I will admit I don’t know but I am all for finding out which is what the Colts seem to be doing.  They aren’t working out four kickers just for fun.  

Is one of them better than Adam?  I have no idea but I trust Ballard to figure that out whichever way he goes.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

And you know this how?  

I will admit I don’t know but I am all for finding out which is what the Colts seem to be doing.  They aren’t working out four kickers just for fun.  

Is one of them better than Adam?  I have no idea but I trust Ballard to figure that out whichever way he goes.

I know that because they are getting paid to play football and not substitute teaching, selling insurance or what ever

I never said anything about not trusting Ballard

If they are still out they have some kind of flaw

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

He spent the preseason with the Colts. Hedlund set the national high school record with 25 field goals in a season and had a streak of 157 consecutive PATs, earning him Parade All-American honors. But he struggled at Arkansas, making 60% of his field goals as a freshman, failing to earn the starting position the next two seasons and transferring to North Texas. He regained his touch with the Mean Green, making 19-of-22 field goals, and signing with the Colts. 

"It's an unbelievable opportunity," Hedlund said of playing for the Colts in the preseason. "Coming in as a rookie and being able to learn from the greatest ever, it's just absolutely incredible."

Hedlund was 3-of-3 inside 39 yards in the preseason but 3-of-5 from 40-plus yards and did not make the team.

I think he might now.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I know that because they are getting paid to play football and not substitute teaching, selling insurance or what ever

I never said anything about not trusting Ballard

If they are still out they have some kind of flaw

Which I have said as well.  The question is it as big of a flaw as Adam has right now.  Unless you are there watching them kick like Ballard is and studying film like Ballard has you don’t know.  

my point about Ballard was to say I don’t know if the kids out there are better right now or not.  So I am willing to trust Ballard with whatever call he makes.  I didn’t say anything about you trusting Ballard or not.

its also not unheard of to bring a kicker in in the middle of the season who hasn’t been kicking in the NFL that season.  Teams that have kicker issues do that all the time so just because someone hasn’t been kicking in the NFL this season doesn’t mean they can’t play.  

again, the question that matters and that no one here knows is is what’s available better than what Adam has been doing this season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

source?

Simple logic and reason. 

If they were going to make a move they would have done it by now. 

Irsay is an emotional and sentimental owner. He thrives on rewarding those who have been good to him. He’s not the kind to turn his back on those he loves. 

You can’t tell me Vinny has been here all these years and hasn’t developed a close relationship with Jim. Even if they aren’t fishing buds they have their own close personal relationship, however it may be. Jim isn’t going to just dump one of the top 5 of all time most important players to his franchise in the middle of a season. He’s going to let him finish and make the move in the spring when it feels more appropriate. 

Chuck Pagano finished out his campaign before being shown the door despite the fact that everyone saw it coming. He could have sent a message to the players or whoever by ushering him out of town mid-season but he didn’t. Why?

Same deal, different faces. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Is it comfortable in Adam's jockstrap?  Good lord man, it's getting uncomfortable reading the blind fanboying.....

Nope. No blind fanboying. He’s sucked a fat one this season. Absolutely should have hung it up after last season. And god forbid he try to play another for anyone else next season and look even worse than he has this one. 

But hey, little pro tip for you:

This ain’t madden. This is the real world. 

Your experience as a fan is just that: as a fan. You’ve watched the guy for less than an hour a year sitting on your couch with greasy hands and a bag of chips in your lap. Of course you don’t understand the personal side of it. 

You gonna choke your 15 year old dog to death in front of the kids because he can’t hold it anymore and pisses on the rug Every day?

No. You’re not. 

Just like Irsay isn’t going to dump on one of the biggest players not just in franchise history, but league history in a less than respectful way. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Simple logic and reason. 

If they were going to make a move they would have done it by now. 

Irsay is an emotional and sentimental owner. He thrives on rewarding those who have been good to him. He’s not the kind to turn his back on those he loves. 

You can’t tell me Vinny has been here all these years and hasn’t developed a close relationship with Jim. Even if they aren’t fishing buds they have their own close personal relationship, however it may be. Jim isn’t going to just dump one of the top 5 of all time most important players to his franchise in the middle of a season. He’s going to let him finish and make the move in the spring when it feels more appropriate. 

Chuck Pagano finished out his campaign before being shown the door despite the fact that everyone saw it coming. He could have sent a message to the players or whoever by ushering him out of town mid-season but he didn’t. Why?

Same deal, different faces. 

Irsay is likely in as much pain about this as Vinny is.
He would have wanted him to go out on a high note. Unfortunate for all.