Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IT'S OKAY GUYS

twfish

25 minutes ago, twfish said:

And yes this is a yelling matter. It is amazing me some of the post and threads on this forum after a loss to the raiders. Its like most of you are completely pushing to the side how much of an impact our 3 star players have on this team. Darius leonard was the DROY of the year and you replacing him with a rookie who is just now really getting playing time, yea you are going to see a massive drop off at line backer. We really do not have another true FS on this team so yea we are really going to miss Hooker and you're going to see more yards thrown on us with essentially 2 SS on the field. On top of that there is a 4th round rookie taking the place of him. We also have another rookie playing CB, one of the hardest positions to learn and hes doing a good job but will continue to get picked on. So we have 3 rookies out there starting and 5 that are getting alot of playing time, if you factor in the fact the rest of the rotation pieces where only in their second years with limited snaps we have an incredibly young defense that are still trying to gel together. I dont understand why people think these rookies are just going to immediately be all pros. As far as the offense goes our best receiver not being there of course is going to affect us. We essentially started 2 rookies and a 3rd year UDFA and a QB who throws the ball as hard as he possibly can. Thats a bad combination for drops. I've been very critical privately with Brissett and have lots to say on the matter but i will continue to hold that to myself, but some of you pretend that there is no drop off from Luck to Brissett. IMHO with Luck we are undefeated. We have yet to be completely out of a game and have only lost by the largest margin of 7 points. We are not getting blown out people this is still a very good roster. IMHO we are a good qb and a good DT away from a super bowl. The head calling for Ballard is asinine. Hes built up likely the most talented roster we have seen in nearly a decade, losing our best player at the most crucial position of the game is going to set us back a year or two. Be patient colts family.

I don't disagree but man, put some paragraph breaks in there please. would make it read so much easier.  

• Like 1

There is no way to know if we need another QB until we let the season play out and let Brissett learn.   We will have a better answer at the end of the season. Right now he is playing almost in the top ten in the league.  We need to fix the defense before thinking about a QB. Luck wouldn’t of win either with missed kicks and dropped passes.

The other stuff I agree. Not only did we not have Hilton but we also didn’t have funchess.  The young receivers will mature advanced the season goes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is no way to know if we need another QB until we let the season play out and let Brissett learn.   We will have a better answer at the end of the season. Right now he is playing almost in the top ten in the league.  We need to fix the defense before thinking about a QB. Luck wouldn’t of win either with missed kicks and dropped passes.

The other stuff I agree. Not only did we not have Hilton but we also didn’t have funchess.  The young receivers will mature advanced the season goes.

Well seeing how Luck was second only to Mahomes In red zone touchdowns its easy to think that instead of stalling out on at least one of those field goals Luck would have gotten a TD instead therefore a score of 31-30 against the chargers. Luck had much more touch on his passes and letting the receivers catch them much easier. I wont say that there wouldn't of been drops in key moments because there always is but i don't think it would have been as bad. Like I alluded to i am trying to keep my Brissett criticism to a minimal on here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Well seeing how Luck was second only to Mahomes In red zone touchdowns its easy to think that instead of stalling out on at least one of those field goals Luck would have gotten a TD instead therefore a score of 31-30 against the chargers. Luck had much more touch on his passes and letting the receivers catch them much easier. I wont say that there wouldn't of been drops in key moments because there always is but i don't think it would have been as bad. Like I alluded to i am trying to keep my Brissett criticism to a minimal on here.

You do realize JB is tied with Mahomes in TD passes right now. They are scoring TD on over 70% of their red zone plays. I think that is like 4th in the league. He has had great touch on several of those TD Passes. Red zone is not a issue. He is also on target to have 40 TD which is one more then Luck. TY has missed five games in his career and we have lost everyone. 

35 minutes ago, twfish said:

but some of you pretend that there is no drop off from Luck to Brissett.

Yup 100% correct 

IMHO with Luck we are undefeated.

3-1 at least 

Hes built up likely the most talented roster we have seen in nearly a decade, 

Offense agreed, defense disagree. 

Other than Leonard and a healthy Hooker, not impressed with all those 2nd Rd picks YET.

Be patient colts family.

I preach it often. Go Colts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one has said there is no drop off between JB and luck. That is just making stuff up and ludicrous.

I never said anyone said that. However that's the feel you get reading some post scattered on the forum and demand the offense run just as smoothly and as greatly as it was prior to this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This. Let’s focus on what we have instead of trying to find a clone of what we dont have. The answer will come at the end of the  season.

Completely agreed! Luck gave the Colts an edge to win close games, with an uneven roster.

The roster is still full of holes, don’t expect Brissett to do the same with this team.  How simple right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Offense agreed, defense disagree. 

Other than Leonard and a healthy Hooker, not impressed with all those 2nd Rd picks YET.

outside of 09 I am not sure when the last time the defense was as talented? Certainly not when Grigson was the GM

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

outside of 09 I am not sure when the last time the defense was as talented? Certainly not when Grigson was the GM

I never thought it was that good during the Dungy era, except the year B. Sanders played almost all season and Cory Simon’s lone season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Completely agreed! Luck gave the Colts an edge to win close games, with an uneven roster.

The roster is still full of holes, don’t expect Brissett to do the same with this team.  How simple right?

Well stated Mr. Holmes.  There is a drop off in talent from Luck to Brissett, but neither play defense, which is also an issue.

5 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

The year with a healthy Booger was about it, although the '95 team had a decent defense.

I’m in the minority with B. McFarland. I don’t think his impact was as huge as folks make it out to be. That defense was terrible until the playoffs and then caught lightning in a bottle for some crazy reason. I will say the shift of R. Morris to the strong side helped a lot and quietly went unnoticed. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m in the minority with B. McFarland. I don’t think his impact was as huge as folks make it out to be. That defense was terrible until the playoffs and then caught lightning in a bottle for some crazy reason. I will say the shift of R. Morris to the strong side helped a lot and quietly went unnoticed. 

I can't disagree with your point.  It did help.  As far as your Corey Simon reference, he broke my heart!  So much promise but the dude had some issues.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

There's also this guy....

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one has said there is no drop off between JB and luck. That is just making stuff up and ludicrous.

Really?

How many people here posted that they thought the Colts were going to win 10, 11 or even 12 games this season.    And those predictions were made AFTER Luck retired.

Plenty!

Each of those predictions, in essence, said there wouldn’t be much fall off from Luck to Brissett.

People here were/are invested in the Colts returning to the playoffs without Luck.   And we might.   But for many here “might” isn’t good enough.  They’re convinced this team is good enough to win without Luck.   

That’s a big assumption.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?

How many people here posted that they thought the Colts were going to win 10, 11 or even 12 games this season.    And those predictions were made AFTER Luck retired.

Plenty!

Each of those predictions, in essence, said there wouldn’t be much fall off from Luck to Brissett.

People here were/are invested in the Colts returning to the playoffs without Luck.   And we might.   But for many here “might” isn’t good enough.  They’re convinced this team is good enough to win without Luck.   

That’s a big assumption.....

Well we are only four games in. We still can win ten games lol Defense improves we defiantly can. That doesn’t mean we think JB is as good as Luck.

• Like 1

Nobody on the planet has said there isn't a drop-off from Luck to Brissett.

I'm part of his fan club but if you told me Andrew wanted back I'd be the first to buy him a new clipboard.

The talk that has annoyed me since week one is all the 'we won't win a super bowl with him', news flash , we didn't win one with Andrew either.

Predicting his failure in September 4 games in is lame. Nobody on the planet thought Brady would be anyone and they were all ALL wrong.

Let's let him fail before we read him his last rights bothers me most.

No problem criticizing him, but there's always that comment of he won't lead us anywhere hit reset in most comments. Like that's guaranteed to solve things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Luck really hit those deep balls well all of Brisetts seem 5 yards short and off line.  

If not for a missed few kicks we are sitting at 3-1 in pace for 12-4. That’s with injuries and a bad defense. We haven’t played our best football yet.

Just now, B~Town said:

Luck really hit those deep balls well all of Brisetts seem 5 yards short and off line.  

Why does that matter. They both get you the same amount of points. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If not for a missed few kicks we are sitting at 3-1 in pace for 12-4. That’s with injuries and a bad defense. We haven’t played our best football yet.

Why does that matter. They both get you the same amount of points. 

Not at all its the differance between tds and incomplete.  I like Brisset enough but Luck was special.  

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

20 years of manning and luck and we have one SB. 

whats your point? that makes it ok to be mediocre?

they could have won like three rings with Peyton, but only got one and it hurt.  Luck never had a super bowl worthy team, but still got mostly sub par teams to the playoffs every year.  

takes a lot of mental gymnastics to find any point in what you are saying

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

whats your point? that makes it ok to be mediocre?

they could have won like three rings with Peyton, but only got one and it hurt.  Luck never had a super bowl worthy team, but still got mostly sub par teams to the playoffs every year.  

takes a lot of mental gymnastics to find any point in what you are saying

Could of should if we didn’t. The whining that Brissett isn’t Luck is stupid because we didn’t win with him either.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Could of should if we didn’t. The whining that Brissett isn’t Luck is stupid because we didn’t win with him either.

its going to take better than an average QB  to win a Superbowl now, regardless of what happened with Luck and Peyton. 

Jacoby is far from a rookie too, i dont think its jumping the gun to wonder if hes going to get much better

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its going to take better than an average QB  to win a Superbowl now, regardless of what happened with Luck and Peyton. 

Jacoby is far from a rookie too, i dont think its jumping the gun to wonder if hes going to get much better

I never said he was a rookie lol. So far he is not average. He is performing as a above average QB and I expect him to improve as he gets more reps.

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

It's fair to wonder, but we also require realizing that these are his first starts in this system.  The dynamics of the team has changed since Andrew first entered the NFL.  We can run much better than any team under Luck, so we don't necessarily depend on throwing as much.  We may not need so much to have an ALuck on this team, though I think we would all love to have him here as if he never left.

Let's see how the season plays out before making the judgement on how good a QB JB is in this system.  At that time we'll require making the call on whether to extend/sign/release him for whatever is available out there.

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

It's fair to wonder, but we also require realizing that these are his first starts in this system.  The dynamics of the team has changed since Andrew first entered the NFL.  We can run much better than any team under Luck, so we don't necessarily depend on throwing as much.  We may not need so much to have an ALuck on this team, though I think we would all love to have him here as if he never left.

Let's see how the season plays out before making the judgement on how good a QB JB is in this system.  At that time we'll require making the call on whether to extend/sign/release him for whatever is available out there.

This system was originally designed for Andrew Luck as QB. I would imagine it is being reworked to better fit Jacoby Brissett, and that will take some time to implement. It seems obvious that Jacoby is being constrained within the current limitations of the transition. We're still dealing with the shock waves of Luck's retirement. I don't think we're doing too bad of a job at that, either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

This system was originally designed for Andrew Luck as QB. I would imaging it is being reworked to better fit Jacoby Brissett, and that will take some time to implement. It seems obvious that Jacoby is being constrained within the current limitations of the transition. We're still dealing with the shock waves of Luck's retirement. I don't think we're doing too bad of a job at that, either.

Yep.  One of the things that the coaches liked about JB was that he could perform in this system without having to change it too much.  It's just a matter of seeing what JB does and likes best and then tailor the game plans to his strengths.  Hopefully it won't take too long so as we can evaluate his overall leadership of the offense before season end.

• Like 1

I understand the statement and for the most part agree. At least offensively. Defensively, I just don’t see Leonard coming back and fixing the pass rush. Hooker was on the field when Mahomes was exploiting this defense at will last year. Also while Rivers was this year. We were better up front in the middle last year and CB chose to let a huge contributor walk in favor of nothing at this point. I understand not spending all your cap and keeping most of your picks but this defense could have seriously been upgraded this spring/summer. CB chose to stick to his guns and right now that defense is paying for it. I for one, would be surprised if this defense doesn’t look this way all season 

• Like 2