Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich presser 8/26

JB should be better this time around. I'm hoping a lot better because that 2017 team had a bad running game, bad oline, bad coaches,  no receivers outside of Ty, lack of familiarity with the offense, and a scheme that worked against the fact that the line was bad.  As a result the offense was plain terrible.   He's got exactly the opposite in almost every facet this time around. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

JB should be better this time around. I'm hoping a lot better because that 2017 team had a bad running game, bad oline, bad coaches,  no receivers outside of Ty, lack of familiarity with the offense, and a scheme that worked against the fact that the line was bad.  As a result the offense was plain terrible.   He's got exactly the opposite in almost every facet this time around. 

He's also not showing up in Week 1, and starting Week 2. He's been taking all the first team reps throughout the offseason program. He's as ready to be QB1 as he'll ever be.

If Brissett doesn't perform, it won't be because Luck walked away late in the preseason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is kind of telling.

interesting.

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Geez, it is "so nice" that everyone feels good about Brissett.

The Colts ranking has gone from winning the AFC South to last in the AFC South. That's what they think of Brissett.

meh, who cares about rankings. They are RARELY ever correct

I'm still struggling to accept that our couple decades and perhaps a potential decade more of elite QB play has now evaporated, and our roster is now one of the best it's been in the past couple decades and shouldnt bomb enough to get us another elite QB.  Going to hurt for years, unless JB absolutely kills it.

I have hope for Kelly too assuming he gets over his stupid off the field problems.

4 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

The Colts ranking has gone from winning the AFC South to last in the AFC South. That's what they think of Brissett.

What people think is irrelevant.  They thought we'd be in last place even with Luck under saddle last year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hate to say this but even though the players are sad about luck there seems to be some excitement in the air with the new start and now the cloud of uncertainty off.

Let's be honest, having reporters constantly trying to pry information about Luck's status had to wear on some of these guys after awhile. I would guess that there's at least a bit of relief to have that weight of uncertainty off of their shoulders & now they can just focus on football.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

He's also not showing up in Week 1, and starting Week 2. He's been taking all the first team reps throughout the offseason program. He's as ready to be QB1 as he'll ever be.

If Brissett doesn't perform, it won't be because Luck walked away late in the preseason.

I wish I could dig it up, but I read somewhere this morning that he's taken something like 1,500 1st team reps so this offseason?

10 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

To be honest, it only matters what the Colts players think.  If they "think" they can win, they have a chance.  If they believe what others tell them, they've already lost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I wish I could dig it up, but I read somewhere this morning that he's taken something like 1,500 1st team reps so this offseason?

Sounds right. Reich said 1200, but I think he was just talking about training camp. Another 300 during the off-season program sounds reasonable. 

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

yep, plus training with QB whisperer Tom House

15 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope this isn’t true. Apparently it came from the dealership. This is not a good look. Especially future players wanting to stay here.

It's fine to be upset or angry, I can even understand the booing a bit, but slashing tires is punk @$$ stuff. Let Q and Kelly go say hi to those turds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Glad to see Doyle understand and put some perspective on the booing. You knew the answers you would get but still asked. Ridiculous.

In every video I’ve seen, it’s been him asking the question about fans booing. Pretty annoying.

3 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Come ooooon with the booing questions...Can't one media guy explain that there is still tons of support for Luck's decision throughout the fanbase? Instead, they’re just trying to stir stuff up and get juicy quotes from players.

All this is doing is driving a wedge between the players and the fans and that sucks.

I have yet to see a post where luck is criticized for his decision. This initial boos were more shock than disrespect. Most fans understand and have been nothing but supportive. Now if he unretires to play for the Pats then off with his head, until then I wish him the best.

1 hour ago, cjrulli said:

This screams to me that the team felt the injury wasn't that severe and he could play/practice on it and somewhat tried pushing him in a direction. All in or all out, no in between. 

Ok.  Was Luck ever in a walking boot?  Usually, with ankle injuries severe enough to need rehab but not so severe as to jeopardize significant PT, they usually put the player in a boot of some sort to stabilize it.  He wasn't.  Couldn't have been that big of a deal.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya I also wasn't one of the selfish people booing that man off the field and burning his jersey either unlike some people on here I understand that he had to retire and I am happy for him it took strength to go up there and talk about what he is going through and he knew he wouldn't have been any good for the team if he stayed im at peace with him not being here anymore wish the team would have helped him more early in his career by just building him a team but regrettably it didn't work out that way so he retires and we have to hope Brissett can save us.

I wasnt either. I just understand the booing in the moment. How I feel about his retirement is boo. I understand and accept his reasoning. But I dont have to be happy about it just because he chose to. 

3 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

I disagree. When people are taking off his jersey and burning it, It's hard, at least in my mind, to say it wasn't personal.

There are a few people burning jerseys. Let's not act like this is even close to a qtr of the fan base. On top of that, we are talking about booing in the moment of finding out your franchise QB, a huge reason you are a SB favorite decides to retire when this is the best Colts roster in over a decade. 

• Like 1

I didn't see this topic before and I posted elsewhere about Reich's press conference today. I want to add that not only did Reich look so excited and enthusiastic today he spoke much quicker today like he didn't have to watch what he said. It just seemed like the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders. Full steam ahead Frank, make the playoffs this year and you'll be right up there with Peyton in Colt lore!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

In a weird way this might help the team. With the uncertainty off Luck it could of really been effecting them.

If you are going to consistently post a thousand times a month all season long, please.... Grant just one request....I'm normally not the grammar Nazi or whatever, but there's no o way I can read "could of" that often.... Lol

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That tweet is such a sad, jacked up, accurate mirroring of our society today.  Clayton Geathers admiring the courage it took for Luck to call it quits and step away because rehab is too mentally taxing.... Reich called it right.... Paradox....lol.  

Sure, so if only Clayton could muster the same courage as Luck managed.... He would have walked away long ago.... He's either an *, or just disgenuine, or thinks fans are complete *...lol.

• Like 1