Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts mini camp day 1

CR91

3 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

After watching Kevin Durant blow out his achilles last night by coming back too soon, Luck can take all the time he needs.

This needs to be emphasized in bold in 100pt font and underlined! It isn’t emphasized enough that Luck is just fine, and it’s upsetting going through social media comments and seeing all the people saying he’s injury prone and won’t be the same again this offseason. I’m glad we are being cautious this early in the process

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That was a contract, this is an injury, and I'm tired of Luck being out or not healthy. Healthiest he's been in 3 years and it starts immediately. Also hurts the team. A team like this is supposed to be fun. This is not fun. :( 

Like Supes said, just relax. We all saw what happened when an athlete tries to return too soon last night with Durant. As much as I want the chemistry to be built, I’d much rather risk it not being done until training camp than risk getting Luck even more hurt and out for the season. There is nothing to be worried about, caution this early is honestly advised

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Has Moore ever played special teams?

On the colts Instagram page there is a couple  very short videos from today. One is DF running a great route and catch.

Looks like Ya-Sin is playing gunner on ST which makes sense.

• Like 1

That colts.com article is a much better review then what we got from the reporters. In all fairness though Joel Erickson said the reporters didn’t have the best view. Love to here how dominate Desir was. I think he can up his game even more this year.

i never thought of rock being a gunner. That makes perfect sense. Milton is probably on the hot seat if Rock can play that role.

LOL!  Some things never change.  That boy D. Good is still in the tub on another club.

Raiders | Denzelle Good still sidelined    Tue Jun 11, 07:02 PM

Oakland Raiders OG Denzelle Good (undisclosed) did not participate in practice Tuesday, June 11. Good missed a majority of the offseason workouts because of an injury.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I didn't mind OTA's too much, now I'm upset. Campbell, Funchess, Fountain and (eventually) Cain NEED this time with Luck and he's going to be out another week minimum for training camp. Secondary can't even play against an actual NFL QB. I expect us to be rusty out of the gate again. :( 

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Both of you are assuming he'll be back for training camp. I don't buy that until it happens. Not saying he'll miss regular-season games, but this seems like a lingering injury that could hurt the whole team and I'm getting frustrated.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That was a contract, this is an injury, and I'm tired of Luck being out or not healthy. Healthiest he's been in 3 years and it starts immediately. Also hurts the team. A team like this is supposed to be fun. This is not fun. :( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

LOL!  Some things never change.  That boy D. Good is still in the tub on another club.

Raiders | Denzelle Good still sidelined    Tue Jun 11, 07:02 PM

Oakland Raiders OG Denzelle Good (undisclosed) did not participate in practice Tuesday, June 11. Good missed a majority of the offseason workouts because of an injury.

Was definitely more talented than the 7th round.....but the best ability is still availability!

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Both of you are assuming he'll be back for training camp. I don't buy that until it happens. Not saying he'll miss regular-season games, but this seems like a lingering injury that could hurt the whole team and I'm getting frustrated.

Stop being a cry baby they're doing what's best for the team not for your emotional feelings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I didn't mind OTA's too much, now I'm upset. Campbell, Funchess, Fountain and (eventually) Cain NEED this time with Luck and he's going to be out another week minimum for training camp. Secondary can't even play against an actual NFL QB. I expect us to be rusty out of the gate again. :( 

BTW, thanks for the updates @CR91!

Tell ya what, Jared, I'll be the only guy on the boards who shares your anxiety on this.  No, I'm not going to be upset.  But I sure would rather Luck had some quality time to get a feel throwing with Funchess and Campbell, rather than just talking through the offense.  Yes, I understand that they'll have time to do that during training camp, but still....

That being said, I also agree that after watching Kevin Durant blow his achilles, Luck can take his sweet time.  I'll just sit over here in the corner and grind my teeth to powder.  Never mind me!  :) 

Geathers has been out, but Farley, Kindred, Hooker and Willis have not.

Notice a name missing? Odum.

Odum has been getting ALL the 1st String reps at SS over the rookie, and the two Veterans in Farley and Kindred.

The FO has spoken highly of him (by name) as has Eberflus by "starting" him all practices!

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Ha! I love this move.  I was just saying yesterday that I thought Sanchez was the most under-rated guy on our team.  This is a great signing.  I think we've only had 5 punters and 5 kickers since 1984!  We've been SUPER fortunate all these years.  One year our Punter and Place Kicker were our only two pro-bowlers (if my memory is correct) and frankly, they were probably our two best players that year which is never good.  I remember getting them both to sign a Colts hat that season when they came in to my company for a cross-promo thing.  Hunter was one I think and... can't think of the other guys name... anyone? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Rushing back from injuries too soon causes negative effects

I can predict the weather from one of my HS football injuries 

My leg was broken, set wrong and had to be sawed in two, turned around and bolted back together.  It hurts when the weather changes too... but it isn't anymore accurate than the TV guys... usually it just goes off half cocked.  

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

As Luck gets older he will probably take more and more time off in practices that don’t matter.

You know it is easy to forget but Luck really isn't a spring chicken anymore.  Missing that time really hit the hyper speed button a bit on his career.  Hopefully he has another decade left.  I don't even think the horseshoed Colts will be lucky enough to pull a trifecta when Luck is done.  

• Like 1

@CR91  Thanks for all these updates.  I was just saying it felt way too quiet this offseason new's coverage wise.  It was like I asked, you delivered!  It was like being there after a long long long day of working. 

You need a Colts YouTube channel! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I guess I was thinking third and short yardage. Which he isn’t. I do get though why he is a third down back because he gives them options. Sorry for the confusion. 

Ware will be the short yardage back IMO. Pumped to have more of a bully for those rushing situations. Also pumped to have a bruiser to punish teams late in games when we're up.

Hines is a prototype "3rd down back" or APB. I know, confusing nomenclatures lol. 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Has Moore ever played special teams?

On the colts Instagram page there is a couple  very short videos from today. One is DF running a great route and catch.

Moore played 140 ST's snaps last year, or about 32% of ST's plays. Ranked 13th on the team (most ST's snaps).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2018-snap-counts.htm

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Funchess looking good on Desir today. This was obviously not a play that showed Desir great day. Funchess does not look like he is body catching here. His hands look great.

on one of the NFL.com shows, Funch said he is working on that (body catching) big time. made me happy happy happy.

honestly though, that's not the type of pass (high) you have to worry about him body catching.

• Like 1