• Thanks 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Thanks 1

I didn't mind OTA's too much, now I'm upset. Campbell, Funchess, Fountain and (eventually) Cain NEED this time with Luck and he's going to be out another week minimum for training camp. Secondary can't even play against an actual NFL QB. I expect us to be rusty out of the gate again. :( 

BTW, thanks for the updates @CR91!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Thanks 1

I don’t think this will cause us to be rusty. He wil probably workout with the receivers at Stanford before training camp.

i thought it was interesting Reich said Hines was the third down back. Is that because of his passing ability. I thought that was interesting.  I never would of thought of Hines as third down back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think this will cause us to be rusty. He wil probably workout with the receivers at Stanford before training camp.

i thought it was interesting Reich said Hines was the third down back. Is that because of his passing ability. I thought that was interesting.  I never would of thought of Hines as third down back.

You never thought of Hines as the third down back?     What the?

Hines was drafted to be the third round back.    That’s why he caught 60-something passes as a rookie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hines was drafted to be the third round back.    That’s why he caught 60-something passes as a rookie. 

Maybe she means from a blocking standpoint?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I didn't mind OTA's too much, now I'm upset. Campbell, Funchess, Fountain and (eventually) Cain NEED this time with Luck and he's going to be out another week minimum for training camp. Secondary can't even play against an actual NFL QB. I expect us to be rusty out of the gate again. :( 

I bet they end up in Cali running route tree's with him between now and TC.

• Like 2

• Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why are you upset? Nothing you can do about it. While not ideal for Luck to miss, OTA's and mini camp are just drills in shells, they can't even put pads on yet. As long as he's full go by training camp, that will be fine. That's when practice is actually translatable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would rather have him miss OTAs and not TC and meaningful games

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess I was thinking third and short yardage. Which he isn’t. I do get though why he is a third down back because he gives them options. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Why are you upset? Nothing you can do about it. While not ideal for Luck to miss, OTA's and mini camp are just drills in shells, they can't even put pads on yet. As long as he's full go by training camp, that will be fine. That's when practice is actually translatable.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I would rather have him miss OTAs and not TC and meaningful games

Both of you are assuming he'll be back for training camp. I don't buy that until it happens. Not saying he'll miss regular-season games, but this seems like a lingering injury that could hurt the whole team and I'm getting frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Both of you are assuming he'll be back for training camp. I don't buy that until it happens. Not saying he'll miss regular-season games, but this seems like a lingering injury that could hurt the whole team and I'm getting frustrated.

Rushing back from injuries too soon causes negative effects

I can predict the weather from one of my HS football injuries 

• Haha 2

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

JC, you gotta relax man. Remember being all upset about Leonard's contract negotiations last year? How'd that work out?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

JC, you gotta relax man. Remember being all upset about Leonard's contract negotiations last year? How'd that work out?

That was a contract, this is an injury, and I'm tired of Luck being out or not healthy. Healthiest he's been in 3 years and it starts immediately. Also hurts the team. A team like this is supposed to be fun. This is not fun. :( 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That was a contract, this is an injury, and I'm tired of Luck being out or not healthy. Healthiest he's been in 3 years and it starts immediately. Also hurts the team. A team like this is supposed to be fun. This is not fun. :( 

You gotta relax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Really not worried.

Luck is a pro and will not take too long to learn the new receiver's tendencies.  It's much easier with a vet QB having the downtime rather than a rookie who knows none of his receivers.  This could definitely be much worse.  He'll probably use that time out in CA with the guys to catch up with the timing.  If he misses camp because of the injury THEN you can worry a bit.

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then lets go ahead and start the "Will Andrew Luck ever walk again" thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Then lets go ahead and start the "Will Andrew Luck ever walk again" thread.

Well, after that quote from Bremer, looks like he's already practicing for playing that way!  :lol:

Luck is a veteran. They said he has been working hard in meetings and studying. As long as he gets time with his receivers before camp I don’t see the problem. He never threw to Ebron until training camp and look at the chemistry they have. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has sat with Funchess just talking about the play book.

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, after that quote from Bremer, looks like he's already practicing for playing that way!  :lol:

Yep, and even though I saw him ride his bike to the Indy 500, I couldn't confirm he wasn't pedaling with his hands. LOL.

• Haha 1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqXT3By9HPKqMKqVor54u

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Your posts are 2005 level emo. I have an overwhelming urge to bust out some My Chemical Romance and wear guyliner while reading them. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Finch23 said:

Your posts are 2005 level emo. I have an overwhelming urge to bust out some My Chemical Romance and wear guyliner while reading them. 

oh no, this is full emo....you never go full emo 

• Haha 3

• Thanks 1