Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts interested in Seattle DE Frank Clark? (merge)

I'm not concerned about Clark's past issues. If Ballard thinks it's not a red flag, then I trust him.

However, Clark does not worth a 1st round pick. Especially not a few days before the draft. Kansas got a 2020 2nd round for Dee Ford. That's where Clark's real value is approx. Which is a mid 3rd in this upcoming draft.

Does that mean no one will offer more? No. There are always teams/GM-s out there who overpay. Ballard is not one of them. (I can see maybe a 2nd round offer, if Ballard thinks that this draft class is slim at/around the 2nd round so Clard + his top contract worths more than a second second round pick. Low chance, but I'm not ruling it out.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Your right Superman, That's why Ballard's approach to save some cap to sign already existing players for us is wise. The core who makes our team makes since," If they make the grade", is better than this constant revolving door of too many players you groom to be on your team to jump ship,  after you put a lot time in these guys. I know there will always be turn over, but the less the better for the continuity  of your team. 

The Seahawks are in a different phase than the Colts. End of the day, any team that stacks good drafts will have to let good players walk from time to time. And it does sting when you develop a good player that you drafted in the second round, and then you have to let him walk. But that's the game in a salary cap league. You make up for it by continuing to draft well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

I'm not concerned about Clark's past issues. If Ballard thinks it's not a red flag, then I trust him.

However, Clark does not worth a 1st round pick. Especially not a few days before the draft. Kansas got a 2020 2nd round for Dee Ford. That's where Clark's real value is approx. Which is a mid 3rd in this upcoming draft.

Does that mean no one will offer more? No. There are always teams/GM-s out there who overpay. Ballard is not one of them. (I can see maybe a 2nd round offer, if Ballard thinks that this draft class is slim at/around the 2nd round so Clard + his top contract worths more than a second second round pick. Low chance, but I'm not ruling it out.)

Clark > Ford

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Ballard is not giving up draft picks for this guy, period. 

He will have to if we acquire him.  All the two teams have to do is agree on the compensation.  Not saying they are going to agree but that is all it takes. There are enough reports out there stating we are one of the teams in discussions with them so I think it is possible.   

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I am relaxed. Not sure what made you think I wasn't.

Oh just  past experience with you from last year with your comment on my mother from using a claw hammer on me  and I told you that it was insensitive of you to use that as she was still incarcerated for that. talk about hitting below the belt? Sorry I thought you  as a companionate guy.  And I know you are  Bott. That's why I love  you, Seriously. dude.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He will have to if we acquire him.  All the two teams have to do is agree on the compensation.  Not saying they are going to agree but that is all it takes. There are enough reports out there stating we are one of the teams in discussions with them so I think it is possible.   

IMO Ballard won't give up a first round pick and 20 million a year for him.

I could be wrong but stranger things has happened. haha

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not gong to happen period.

Would it be worth pick 26 to have Clark  and Houston at DE's with Turray and Sheard rotating in. Inside you would have Lewis , Autry , Hunt , Stewart and Ridgeway.

That is pretty solid and certainly would rule out any "need" at DL in the draft. I could see the logic in this move as the 18-19 mill per year would not really blow up the cap. Maybe something like our first rounder and compensatory pick in the fourth for Clark and their 3rd ?

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Ballard won't give up a first round pick and 20 million a year for him.

I could be wrong but stranger things has happened. haha

If Clark didn't have the off field problems I could see Ballard maybe pulling the trigger.  26 yr old pass rushers on the rise don't grow on trees.

32 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If Clark didn't have the off field problems I could see Ballard maybe pulling the trigger.  26 yr old pass rushers on the rise don't grow on trees.

I guess it boils down if Ballard would be willing to part with a #1.

If he could get him for a 2nd rounder that would be something I wouldn't mind.

(yeah, I know :goodluck:)

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's being reported that the Jets want him but don't have the ammo to pull it off. Just think if the Colts get him for #34.....the pick the Jets gave the Colts lol.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, HOF19 said:

Newspapers connected to ACC Conference have been raving about Clelin Ferrell but he might be gone by time we pick .

I've seen a ton of mocks where he is available around the Colts pick. Personally, I don't see him getting out of the top 15 let alone sitting there at #26. Biggest knock I can find on him is that he takes some plays off. Alot of guys like him play all out atleast until they get their second contract. Ferrell can be one of the best DEs in the league if he wants to be. Go back watch him absolutely abuse possible top ten pick OT Jonah Williams in the national title game for 60 min.

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't buy it.  If the Colts were willing to give up a first...why not trade up this year to say #10 and give  up this year and next year's 1st? You get a much cheaper player. 

Cheaper don't enter the picture when you talk about a great pass rusher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think the 26 is much different from a mid 2nd in this yrs draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't buy it.  If the Colts were willing to give up a first...why not trade up this year to say #10 and give  up this year and next year's 1st? You get a much cheaper player. 

Two first rounders for a unproven pass rusher or 20m for a proven 26 yr old pass rusher? I would pay the 20m.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Two first rounders for a unproven pass rusher or 20m for a proven 26 yr old pass rusher? I would pay the 20m.

I think u r missing my point.  U r giving up a 1st rounder in either scenario.  U r swapping your 26th pick for say the 10th overall and then throwing in next year's 1st rounder. For Clark  u r giving up the 26th pick and then 20 million a year.  I like the first scenario better.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think u r missing my point.  U r giving up a 1st rounder in either scenario.  U r swapping your 26th pick for say the 10th overall and then throwing in next year's 1st rounder. For Clark  u r giving up the 26th pick and then 20 million a year.  I like the first scenario better.

How I missing your point? 2 picks for unproven talent and 1 pick and 20m for a proven talent.  I will take the proven talent.

I keep hearing that its probably going to end up being a 2nd rounder for Clark. If it works out that way i would say hes as good as ours. Pair Clark with Houston, then pick up Simmons between Rd 1 or with the other #2 pick. 

Just read where the Seahawks are asking for NY's 1st. pick, third overall for Clark.  I definitely don't see that happening.  That pretty much leaves the Chiefs or Colts as favorites.  I am really hoping Dodds can help get this done for us.  Come on Chris.  Make him a Colt. 

I think Ballard is serious on this one. He talked about not too long ago how the great defensive teams travel well. And i know it bothered him how we could barely get any pressure on Mahomes in that playoff game. As long as Seattle gives us something to work with i think Ballard definitely gets it done for a 2nd rounder for sure.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Ballard is serious on this one. He talked about not too long ago how the great defensive teams travel well. And i know it bothered him how we could barely get any pressure on Mahomes in that playoff game. As long as Seattle gives us something to work with i think Ballard definitely gets it done for a 2nd rounder for sure.

I’d be willing to give our 59, not 34 or 26 if I also have to pay 20 mil/yr. I just don’t feel like he is that generational player to make 20/yr and cost us high draft picks. I honestly don’t think anyone has been worth it this offseason. They’ve all had holes in their game. 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:05 PM, Chloe6124 said:

They wouldn’t trade for him unless they had him signed to a long term deal first. It’s just like what AB did.

I just don’t want a guy who thought it was ok to beat his girlfriend.

I hate guys who beat there significant other for any reason walk away.  

6 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I’d be willing to give our 59, not 34 or 26 if I also have to pay 20 mil/yr. I just don’t feel like he is that generational player to make 20/yr and cost us high draft picks. I honestly don’t think anyone has been worth it this offseason. They’ve all had holes in their game. 

A generational talent would cost a lot more than 20m and the 26th pick. The salary caps goes up every yr, NFL contracts are short.......I would get stuck on the money too much.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm starting to think he gets it done too.  I wouldn't be surprised if a deal is already in place and Ballard is now working on getting Clarks new contract done to finish it.  Wishful thinking on my part I know.