HOF19

Report: Colts interested in Seattle DE Frank Clark? (merge)

Comments on “Seahawks ‘Considering’ Frank Clark Trade, Want First Round Pick For Him”

chorn47 • 2 hours ago

colts should offer the jets 2nd rd pick

Why would the colts want a guy that beat up his girlfriend pretty bad in 2014. That would be like the colts trading for tyreek Hill.

• Thanks 1

• In 2018 Mr. Clark had 13 sacks     10 TFL 's      27 QB Hits. Per Profootball reference his current salary: 17,128,000 Per Spotrac he is in last year of his contract...……. Is this a decent idea  …..Trading for him ?????

According to draft expert Tony Pauline who joined 710 ESPN Seattle's John Clayton this week, the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets and Kansas City Chiefs all have interest in a Clark pursuit.

I'm not sure what the Jets could trade for Frank Clark unless it's their 3rd overall pick for Clark and the 21st pick. The Chiefs could trade pick 29 and force us to trade pick 26 to beat them. We'll see what happens.

Don't forget how the GM harps on "culture" being apparently on top of every other consideration when it comes to staffing players.

9 minutes ago, mad dog curtis said:

its stupid to trade a no 1 pick for a guy that is going to be a free agent next year

They wouldn’t trade for him unless they had him signed to a long term deal first. It’s just like what AB did.

I just don’t want a guy who thought it was ok to beat his girlfriend.

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not sure what the Jets could trade for Frank Clark unless it's their 3rd overall pick for Clark and the 21st pick. The Chiefs could trade pick 29 and force us to trade pick 26 to beat them. We'll see what happens.

The Jets could offer their 3nd in this years draft and something in next year's draft ? I don't think they can likely trade down until the draft starts to unfold. No way they give up pick  number 3 , so it would no doubt include a trade down.

That said it's pretty tricky for the Jets to do a deal unless Seattle wants to wait until the Jets trade down. Who knows if the Jets can get reasonable compensation for that pick ?

I’d rather use 26 and 59 to move up and get an Edge guy.. draft a CB or WR with the early second.. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mad dog curtis said:

its stupid to trade a no 1 pick for a guy that is going to be a free agent next year

They wouldn't do it unless they have already agreed to terms.  He also has to sign his franchise tag first.  I think if a trade happens it will happen before the draft.  So much noise about it right now.  Makes me think he will be moved.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would the colts want a guy that beat up his girlfriend pretty bad in 2014. That would be like the colts trading for tyreek Hill.

get em both for a 2nd & 4th en let’s go

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Jets really want to trade back.   I would think they would want multiple picks like we did last year.  If they can pull it off this week they could use a later 1st. rd. pick to trade for him.  Not sure the Chiefs would do it for 29 and still pay him when all they had to do was sign Ford and still have 29.  I would think the Seahawks would be happy with 34, practically a 1st, and another pick.    I could see Ballard being interested.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He’s a bad dude who hopefully will be some other teams problem.  Everyone is entitled to make amends for past mistakes, but I don’t think he ever did.  

These types of guys have to learn that there are consequences for those actions.  He should spend the rest of his career showing that it was something he deeply regrets and displaying it to others through charity programs.  

• Like 1

pass. 

I'd prefer not to
-lose a 1st round pick

-lose 4 years of a cheap rookie contract

-Go straight to a 17+Mill / year contract

-Have a guy who had home invasion and theft charges in 2012, domestic violence charges in 2014, and then the twitter thing in 2017. That's a lot if you are truly concerned about culture.

If we really wanted another DE, I'd rather trade up and draft one. I'd prefer to go iDL anyway. I'm all for second chances, but this guy has two major incidents, and then was a butt head about it in a tweet to a female journalist, all over 5 years. And, he's a scUM Wolverine...  No thanks.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The Jets really want to trade back.   I would think they would want multiple picks like we did last year.  If they can pull it off this week they could use a later 1st. rd. pick to trade for him.  Not sure the Chiefs would do it for 29 and still pay him when all they had to do was sign Ford and still have 29.  I would think the Seahawks would be happy with 34, practically a 1st, and another pick.    I could see Ballard being interested.  

Of course you see Ballard being interested.     You’ve seen him as being interested in every single name when they come on the market, whether it’s a trade or a free agent signing.   You’ve yet to be right once.

But you get points for consistency....

I doubt ballard is interested with his background. I think the reports are just throwing the colts name out there because they have the pick to do it. The chiefs were named also. After hunt and tyreek hill why would they want to add another guy with bad character.

Newspapers connected to ACC Conference have been raving about Clelin Ferrell but he might be gone by time we pick .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Do not want to give away a one

Agree . A 2nd round only is the only way I would even consider it !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Agree . A 2nd round only is the only way I would even consider it !

I think the Seahawks want a 1 in return 

I have my doubts that Colts will trade for Clark. It just does not fit Ballard's narrative. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

pass. 

I'd prefer not to
-lose a 1st round pick

-lose 4 years of a cheap rookie contract

-Go straight to a 17+Mill / year contract

-Have a guy who had home invasion and theft charges in 2012, domestic violence charges in 2014, and then the twitter thing in 2017. That's a lot if you are truly concerned about culture.

If we really wanted another DE, I'd rather trade up and draft one. I'd prefer to go iDL anyway. I'm all for second chances, but this guy has two major incidents, and then was a butt head about it in a tweet to a female journalist, all over 5 years. And, he's a scUM Wolverine...  No thanks.

We share a similar opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

These types of guys have to learn that there are consequences for those actions.  He should spend the rest of his career showing that it was something he deeply regrets and displaying it to others through charity programs.  

I'm not an advocate of trading for him but according to the Seattle media, what you mentioned above is exactly what he has done his whole pro career. Ed Dodds would know better than anyone I suppose.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/after-moving-on-from-domestic-violence-case-seahawks-frank-clark-takes-a-big-step-back/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hotel-clerk-says-frank-clark-threatened-her-admitted-hitting-girlfriend/

"He explained how he now tries to take responsibility for all his actions -- including a 2012 felony arrest after he was accused of stealing a laptop on Michigan's campus."

This is a PATTERN of being a KNUCKLEHEAD.........  VERY MUCH  HARD PASS

He is NOT a CB kinda guy (IMHO)

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/after-moving-on-from-domestic-violence-case-seahawks-frank-clark-takes-a-big-step-back/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hotel-clerk-says-frank-clark-threatened-her-admitted-hitting-girlfriend/

"He explained how he now tries to take responsibility for all his actions -- including a 2012 felony arrest after he was accused of stealing a laptop on Michigan's campus."

This is a PATTERN of being a KNUCKLEHEAD.........  VERY MUCH  HARD PASS

He is NOT a CB kinda guy (IMHO)

Let the Jets or Chiefs have him. I agree. Hard pass.

• Like 1

It’s easy, if a team is willing to part ways with one of their own its for a good reason!  It’s smart of them to try to get something in return for a player they about to lose but let’s be smarter.  Hard Pass.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well, we all make mistakes right? Jk. If he's matured and learned from his past mistakes then I wouldn't mind giving up a second for him.

8 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

I’d rather use 26 and 59 to move up and get an Edge guy.. draft a CB or WR with the early second.. 

This ^^^^

If Ballard is going to make a high-impact move with our #26 pick to acquire an EDGE guy.... then let it be for Brian Burns in the 10-15 range if he's there and we can work something out.

But between his DV history, Seattle's 1st round demand and the contract he will want..... I'd avoid Frank Clark like the plague.

• Like 1

I was not aware of Clark's past transgressions.  It seems like there is a pattern of bad behavior that he hasn't learned from.  I liked him as a player but I don't want to add that "flavor" to the locker room.  Therefore, I am changing my stance on Clark.  Pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

I was not aware of Clark's past transgressions.  It seems like there is a pattern of bad behavior that he hasn't learned from.  I liked him as a player but I don't want to add that "flavor" to the locker room.  Therefore, I am changing my stance on Clark.  Pass.

Me too

• Like 1

This is just the continuation of the Colts being linked to everyone because of the amount of cap they have.

• Like 3

I have no doubt the Colts have expressed interest, but I also have no doubt that if the asking price is more than the perceived value Ballard has placed on him he won't pull the trigger. 

• Like 2

This morning in Peter Kings FMIA column he had his mock before the draft.  He projected Clark being traded to the Chiefs for their 29th and 63rd pick.  He was going back and forth between the Chiefs, Colts and Jets and chose the Chiefs on a gut feeling.  But he feels if the Colts and Jets have done their due diligence and feel his problems are behind him then he thinks those teams would be interested in trading for him as well.  In addition he is hearing there is real competition to trade up for Jacobs.  He mentioned the Raiders, Colts and Eagles as being quite interested in Jacobs.  In his mock he picked the Raiders giving up their 24th. and 106th to get the Seahawks pick at 21. and drafting him.  Interesting.  

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This does not seem like a ballard move.

To me it does as long as they are convinced his problems are in his past.  Remember any draft pick is not a proven NFL player.  He might feel the guys he likes will not be there when he picks or the price to move up is to expensive in draft capital.  This might be the way to go and he is proven and only 25.  We shall see.  

• Like 2