Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts interested in Seattle DE Frank Clark? (merge)

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

This is a credibility issue

Ballard has said that he wants HIGH Character guys

Clark is NOT a HIGH Character guy

I would be disappointed if we traded for Clark

And immediately making him the highest paid guy on the roster (excluding the QB Luck)

The Colts are all about doing it the Right Way.  Is that the right way? (and the right fit) 

Asking for a friend...   ;)

39 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

What message would be sent by bringing in Houston and Clark for big money and getting to take the 1st team reps tell the other guys Ballard drafted and/or signed?

This is a competitive league. This is also a business.

Every player on the roster knows there is a possibility that someone with more talent can take their job. They all themselves took someone's job.

If Ballard does trade for Clark it's for the betterment of the team in his opinion.

22 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Yesterday at his presser Ballard said there are players on his current board with character risks but they are comfortable with them.  So if they decide to make a move for Clark I am sure they are also comfortable with trading for him.  JMO. 

• Like 1

Lets see:

This offseason alone, the Colts have been listed as "interested" or "involved" in trade talks with EVERY high profile player that has come up. From AB, to OBJ to Levon Bell, to Dee Ford and so on and so on. Yet, we didn't trade for ANY of them. I highly doubt we are going to see the Colts trade for Clark. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

May I suggest you go back and read what happened to Clark, the circumstances and why he was arrested?

No way am I condoning his actions but it was a mutual problem where the female also should have been charged.

I will not condemn him the rest of his life for one instant of bad judgment or action.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

May I suggest you go back and read what happened to Clark, the circumstances and why he was arrested?

No way am I condoning his actions but it was a mutual problem where the female also should have been charged.

I will not condemn him the rest of his life for one instant of bad judgment or action.

It takes character to not be down on someone without taking the time to reasonably look into him.
 Sack numbers are nice but his hit and hurries didn't measure up to his sack numbers. That is an issue.
 Any deal would need to include Sheard IMO. I don't see it happehing AT ALL.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Lets see:

This offseason alone, the Colts have been listed as "interested" or "involved" in trade talks with EVERY high profile player that has come up. From AB, to OBJ to Levon Bell, to Dee Ford and so on and so on. Yet, we didn't trade for ANY of them. I highly doubt we are going to see the Colts trade for Clark. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And immediately making him the highest paid guy on the roster (excluding the QB Luck)

The Colts are all about doing it the Right Way.  Is that the right way? (and the right fit) 

Asking for a friend...   ;)

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

6 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I hate guys who beat there significant other for any reason walk away.  

Exactly. 

28 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It takes character to not be down on someone without taking the time to reasonably look into him.
 Sack numbers are nice but his hit and hurries didn't measure up to his sack numbers. That is an issue.
 Any deal would need to include Sheard IMO. I don't see it happehing AT ALL.

I highly doubt myself if Ballard trades for him.

My only point is I don't think it's right to condemn someone for making a mistake especially if you look at the circumstances of him making the mistake.

I highly doubt that anyone of us have never done anything we wish we hadn't have done or take back the results of something we done from lack of judgment.

That's all, no more.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt myself if Ballard trades for him.

My only point is I don't think it's right to condemn someone for making a mistake especially if you look at the circumstances of him making the mistake.

I highly doubt that anyone of us have never done anything we wish we hadn't have done or take back the results of something we done from lack of judgment.

That's all, no more.

The best indicator of future performance is past performance, and the incidents where he was caught were not simple "mistakes". You can make a mistake on your Algebra test, or filling out your Form 1040, or speeding when you didn't see the sign, but theft and beating up a woman go beyond the category of "mistake".  Those were willful, criminal acts. There is no "Oops! I accidentally beat her up. My bad."

Sorry. This is just one bad dude. How long will it be before he makes another "mistake" and gets suspended? No one knows. But if I'm Ballard, I'm not touching this guy with a ten-foot pole. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

The best indicator of future performance is past performance, and the incidents where he was caught were not simple "mistakes". You can make a mistake on your Algebra test, or filling out your Form 1040, or speeding when you didn't see the sign, but theft and beating up a woman go beyond the category of "mistake".  Those were willful, criminal acts. There is no "Oops! I accidentally beat her up. My bad."

Sorry. This is just one bad dude. How long will it be before he makes another "mistake" and gets suspended? No one knows. But if I'm Ballard, I'm not touching this guy with a ten-foot pole. 

Agreed. For example, if I asked which is more likely to commit a crime between Hilton and Tyreek Hill, everyone will say Hill. The past dictates the future. Even if Clark never screws up again, I'll be more suspicious of him than others because he's done it before. That's why criminals have a criminal record.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. For example, if I asked which is more likely to commit a crime between Hilton and Tyreek Hill, everyone will say Hill. The past dictates the future. Even if Clark never screws up again, I'll be more suspicious of him than others because he's done it before. That's why criminals have a criminal record.

What do you think of Marvin Harrison?

• Thanks 1

Just now, csmopar said:

maybe. I don't recall the whole story but didn't he shoot someone?

I have no idea honestly. I was playing pokemon and more focused on that than football at the time. I'm fine with shooting someone in self-defense (if that's what it is). That's what you are supposed to do if you own a gun and are threatened. If he was driving around with his gun pointed out the window, than that's different. I'd have to see the details.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have no idea honestly. I was playing pokemon and more focused on that than football at the time. I'm fine with shooting someone in self-defense (if that's what it is). That's what you are supposed to do if you own a gun and are threatened. If he was driving around with his gun pointed out the window, than that's different. I'd have to see the details.

I was thinking it was fight/shooting at a nightclub.  I'm probably wrong, ignore me

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I was thinking it was fight/shooting at a nightclub.  I'm probably wrong, ignore me

Nah, it was Marvin's gun that was used in a shooting. The same guy who said Marvin shot him in the hand in an earlier fight was killed 2 blocks from Marvin's Bar.

Lot's of rumors surrounding both incidents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Wikipedia has a fairly detailed account on Harrison's page regarding those incidents. It may not be the "final word" on all of this, but here's the link:

Marvin Harrison Personal Life

Sounds like Lonnie used Marvin's gun to kill the guy. I don't think Marvin is a murderer at all (though he may of been lying about the gun in his car). Definitely a bit of a flag on Marvin being involved, but this doesn't make me think he'll use the gun for murder in the future or anything.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Schefter's reporting it also.

Especially at that price, I'm not interested. 

Edit: I wonder if the 2020 second is the pick they got from SF for Dee Ford.

Holy molly that price is insane. Big win for SEA in my books. 

KC pretty much switched Dee Ford for Clark for the price of a 1st rounder. LIKE wth? 

52 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Sorry you don't think a person can change after getting past his immature age.

If you read exactly what happened the night he was arrested for domestic abuse it's easy to understand why it happened. Yes he was wrong, but she had just as much to do with starting the fight as he did. She assaulted him first and he retaliate. I know that is wrong but she should have been charged right along with him being she instigated the fight.

There has been some pretty earth shattering things that has happened in his life since these incidents. Who know what he will and wouldn't do in the future.

Like I said, I doubt Ballard would trade for him but if he did I'm not going to prejudge him to be a bad guy. If he messed up I can take the "I told you so" and lose no sleep.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Awesome! Now Luck will get harassed even more if we face them again in the playoffs 

They basically traded Dee Ford and a first rounder for Frank Clark. Plus they cut Justin Houston, who's now a Colt. Pending the draft, it's a net loss for them so far.

• Like 3

Just now, Superman said:

They basically traded Dee Ford and a first rounder for Frank Clark. Plus they cut Justin Houston, who's now a Colt. Pending the draft, it's a net loss for them so far.

This is really bad for KC IMO... and they will pay more for Clark too... they must have really not liked Ford....

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I agree.  Makes little sense.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

KC just got hosed. They don’t know what they are doing on defense. 

Agreed.  

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Steve Spagnuolos obviously liked Frank Clark enough for this trade to be made. 

The Bears' trade for Khalil Mack showed us it is sometimes worth the price to pay for someone who you think would be an elite rusher. We will see how it goes. They probably felt Ford didn't play the run as well, maybe???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is really bad for KC IMO... and they will pay more for Clark too... they must have really not liked Ford....

Just now, csmopar said:

I agree.  Makes little sense.

Apples to apples, it looks that way. But Clark and Ford are different players with different traits, and I'd argue Clark has been better and more consistent than Ford. I can see the Chiefs feeling Clark is a better player and more worthy of the contract he's eventually getting.

That first rounder, though...

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Told ya all Colts wouldn't trade for him...

They might have if he wasn't so expensive. It was reported the Colts were interested and talking to Kansas City. If the Colts were worried about his past they wouldn't have shown interest in the first place.

Just saying.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

They might have if he wasn't so expensive. It was reported the Colts were interested and talking to Kansas City. If the Colts were worried about his past they wouldn't have shown interest in the first place.

Just saying.

I didn't make that comment from his character, I made it based on Ballard's track record so far.  the colts have been reported to be "interested" in ALL big name/profile trades this offseason.  Yet not a single one came true... for whatever reason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I didn't make that comment from his character, I made it based on Ballard's track record so far.  the colts have been reported to be "interested" in ALL big name/profile trades this offseason.  Yet not a single one came true... for whatever reason

True enough that's for sure.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah okay Sounds good. Many ppl here how went on and on about how weak the Chiefs defense leading up to our game against them and they looked like a Top 5 Defense against us

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Yeah okay Sounds good. Many ppl here how went on and on about how weak the Chiefs defense leading up to our game against them and they looked like a Top 5 Defense against us

Our OL and receivers played really poorly, Hilton was hurt, Luck wasn't sharp, and I didn't like the gameplan and playcalling either. It was a really bad showing for the Colts offense. But the strength of their defense was always the front four, and our issues on offense fed right into what they wanted to do. 

And their most important front piece was and will continue to be Chris Jones. He'll be the centerpiece of what they do defensively, and now he has a true, every down running mate.