Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official 2019 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

Here's the official thread to post and document everything we can gather as information about the players the Colts have shown any interest in during draft season. I'm starting with an interesting tidbit from the all-star games that have already started:

Colts met with Nevada LB Malik Reed for nearly an hour at the NFLPA Bowl: 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stitches said:

Colts meeting with Texas DL Charles Omenihu today at the Senior Bowl. Here are some highlights and some full game footage of Omenihu:

Full game tapes:

The Draft Network has written about him a great deal as a guy they think will blow up. The only question is if he’s an edge or DT. Much of that will be determined by his weigh in. Listed at 275. If he’s heavier than that he’s a pass rushing 3T who can occasionally kick outside. If he’s 275 or lighter, he’s an edge rusher. His true best fit as it stands is a 5T, but very few teams play the 3-4.

But it’s interesting because with his frame and inside/outside versatility, he compares favorably to Margus Hunt. But he’s 5x the football player that Hunt was coming out of college, and has a better ceiling too. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Blace Brown, I am high on, for our Tampa 2 system, I mocked him at least a couple of times on FanSpeak mock drafts for us. He held his own vs Anthony Johnson of Buffalo in a head-to-head matchup, if I am not mistaken. Very likely Day 3 pick for us.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Got any new updates?

He had a terrific Senior Bowl showing and outside Deebo Samuel, had the best WR showing, IMO. Team captain, good routes, good hands, outside WR candidate, not a Swiss army knife like Deebo but fits exactly what we are looking for.

If he does not light up the combine, should be there for our Round 3 pick, IMO but I doubt he will be available on Day 3.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2019-senior-bowl-uc-davis-receiver-keelan-doss-could-be-fit-49ers

https://sports.yahoo.com/doss-earns-senior-bowl-sticker-plus-accolades-235811334--ncaaf.html

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/2/7/18212803/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-keelan-doss-profile

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He had a terrific Senior Bowl showing and outside Deebo Samuel, had the best WR showing, IMO. Team captain, good routes, good hands, outside WR candidate, not a Swiss army knife like Deebo but fits exactly what we are looking for.

If he does not light up the combine, should be there for our Round 3 pick, IMO but I doubt he will be available on Day 3.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2019-senior-bowl-uc-davis-receiver-keelan-doss-could-be-fit-49ers

https://sports.yahoo.com/doss-earns-senior-bowl-sticker-plus-accolades-235811334--ncaaf.html

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/2/7/18212803/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-keelan-doss-profile

No I was talking about prospect updates in general.  Any new news?

On 3/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, richard pallo said:

Three times already!  Looks like they really this kid.  Looks like a serious candidate for 26 or 34 to me.  Big day coming up Sunday.  

Thats way too early. Maybe our second second round pick.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Thats way too early. Maybe our second second round pick.

That's what folks said about Darius Leonard too. 

Trust me, we will all scratch our heads plenty with Ballard's picks but he has earned our trust with the previous draft's "perceived reaches" that worked out great.

• Like 3

Just now, chad72 said:

That's what folks said about Darius Leonard too. 

Trust me, we will all scratch our heads plenty with Ballard's picks but he has earned our trust with the previous draft's "perceived reaches" that worked out great.

I mocked Leonard in that slot. people said I was nuts, but I got a good laugh out of it when I got it right haha 

On 3/1/2019 at 3:06 PM, stitches said:

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am not sure how well he projects outside but he is a beast underneath, it seems like.

Colts Nation and a whole lot of posters here will flip if he is drafted at No.26 or even No.34. :) 

I won’t. I love Brown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'll be stoked.  I want pass rush but i can easily see him being a stud.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, chad72 said:

Blace Brown, I am high on, for our Tampa 2 system, I mocked him at least a couple of times on FanSpeak mock drafts for us. He held his own vs Anthony Johnson of Buffalo in a head-to-head matchup, if I am not mistaken. Very likely Day 3 pick for us.

Doesn't Brown's 40 time make him undraftable? We will see.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, stitches said:

Colts meeting with Texas DL Charles Omenihu today at the Senior Bowl. Here are some highlights and some full game footage of Omenihu:

Full game tapes:

Against Georgia i didn't see anything. He showed some power, but no speed or quickness. A real head scratcher for our D???????