Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official 2019 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

4 hours ago, stitches said:

It is pretty much a walk-on type try outs, the above kind that were not invited to the combine. I hope one of those guys crack the Top 90 to get some kind of experience. I know I would be excited and rooting for them if one of those were my friends. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

A smokescreen and the team just doing their due diligence on everyone. 

Maybe they are smoke screening interest because they know they Raiders like him and they want the Raiders to take him at 24 instead of 27 possibly pushing a defensive player down further to the Colts? Probably not, but tis conspiracy theory season.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually think we need a smaller TY type of receiver who is super fast since we signed funchess. We need some more speed.

running 4.4 is fast. Not T.Y fast, but still fast

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Yes, I'm aware. Thats why im stating its a lot of smokescreen

I do not put to much credence into the theory of smokescreens.  Verbal comments and statements are about the only ones that might fit that definition.  No money or precious time involved.  Just statements.  But when you start bringing in players on one of your designated visits it takes on a more serious tone.  Spending money and using valuable resources on interviews , meetings, testing etc. is a different matter.  When you spend more than one day with a player it takes on even more meaning.  To me if players are brought in they are seriously being considered.  For all we know the verbal statements about Mack are smokescreens.  Trying to project that everyone is happy with Mack and our RB group.  Yet we bring in two of the top 5 RB's in for a visit.  No one knows what's going on but to believe we are bringing players just to create a smokescreen is a theory I can not get behind.   JMO.

• Thanks 1

Ballard is not going to lie about Mack. We should know by now he tells the truth. What it is saying is they don’t think wilkins can handle the load if Mack goes down.  Personally I think we need a veteran for that and not another young RB.  In saying that though we know Reich loves two positions. That is RB and TE. So nothing really nothing would surprise me. This forum would explode if we take RB before a WR.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I do not put to much credence into the theory of smokescreens.  Verbal comments and statements are about the only ones that might fit that definition.  No money or precious time involved.  Just statements.  But when you start bringing in players on one of your designated visits it takes on a more serious tone.  Spending money and using valuable resources on interviews , meetings, testing etc. is a different matter.  When you spend more than one day with a player it takes on even more meaning.  To me if players are brought in they are seriously being considered.  For all we know the verbal statements about Mack are smokescreens.  Trying to project that everyone is happy with Mack and our RB group.  Yet we bring in two of the top 5 RB's in for a visit.  No one knows what's going on but to believe we are bringing players just to create a smokescreen is a theory I can not get behind.   JMO.

Imo, this is in no way a spite against Mack. I  think we all know how talented he is and this is more about having depth in case something happens to Mack. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Imo, this is in no way a spite against Mack. I  think we all know how talented he is and this is more about having depth in case something happens to Mack. 

I am not saying Mack is not talented.  But he has not been able to stay healthy.  If we draft Jacobs it will only be a matter of time before he is the starter IMO.  Mack, I would think, should be able to hold off Sanders or another RB we draft as long as he can stay healthy.  That's it in a nutshell.  He has to stay healthy.  Ballard is all about competition and that includes possible competition for Mack.  So I would not be surprised if we took Jacobs IF he is there.  That's a big IF. 

48 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

100% agree. Plus pick 26 is an odd pick to be trying to throw a smokescreen around. I’ve always thought the ideas of smokescreens are s but overblown. Teams do research on every prospect. The Colts scouted other players besides Andrew Luck that we’re thought to be 1st rounders In 2012. 

What I have heard though from actual scouts is that sometimes teams bring guys in to find out more about one of their teammates. I’d wager the interest in Jacob is real, but maybe they also wanted to know about Deionte Thompson.

But a smokescreen to try and trick the same vetted scouts and smart GMs that we have? Hard to believe.

• Thanks 1

NFL | Jerry Tillery a busy man    Thu Apr 11, 03:16 PM

Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery has pre-draft visits scheduled with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Chargers. He has already met with the New Orleans Saints.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/11/shoulder-healed-jerry-tillery-makes-the-rounds-before-the-draft/

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

NFL | Jerry Tillery a busy man    Thu Apr 11, 03:16 PM

Notre Dame DT Jerry Tillery has pre-draft visits scheduled with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Chargers. He has already met with the New Orleans Saints.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/11/shoulder-healed-jerry-tillery-makes-the-rounds-before-the-draft/

The Eagles meeting with him worries me as they pick right before us, but I believe we can get him if they pass on him. Very happy we are visiting with him!

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Eagles meeting with him worries me as they pick right before us, but I believe we can get him if they pass on him. Very happy we are visiting with him!

Watch the elite type players we bring in for visits late. Those are the ones we have the real interest in. The guys we really like you dont start seeing those names till late. And of course the guys we have had several contacts with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Tillery seems to be another prospect getting a lot of attention.  Now he's visiting the Eagles.  The same team along with the Raiders that have been linked to Jacobs as well.  Makes me wonder if Ballard would be tempted to move in front of the Eagles and Raiders to make sure he gets the player he wants before they get to pick first.  I have seen multiple mocks where both players have been mocked in the 25th area and also both slipping to the top of the 2nd.   It's going to be an interesting 1st. Round. with probably quite a few trades. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Tillery seems to be another prospect getting a lot of attention.  Now he's visiting the Eagles.  The same team along with the Raiders that have been linked to Jacobs as well.  Makes me wonder if Ballard would be tempted to move in front of the Eagles and Raiders to make sure he gets the player he wants before they get to pick first.  I have seen multiple mocks where both players have been mocked in the 25th area and also both slipping to the top of the 2nd.   It's going to be an interesting 1st. Round. with probably quite a few trades. 

He very well may be gone by our pick

There is one player that I would even consider giving up picks for is Burns

Other than that, there are some good players to choose from at 26

I can also see CB trading back as well...... maybe 50/50 chance

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

The guy has the speed and size

He seems to be a bit held back by QB play, and offense ran by ND

I like boykins, but he tries to win with size too much instead of his route running which is why I compared him to Kelvin Benjamin. Thats not necessary a bad thing, but his game will be limited if he doesn't learn to run routes. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

The guy is a stud OG.  

Glowinski is above average but Lindstrom might make the Pro bowl

I STLL think we need an OT, but Lindstrom is the real deal, and starter quality day one......

He MAY be on the board at 34

Glowinski will be nervous for two weeks

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The guy is a stud OG.  

Glowinski is above average but Lindstrom might make the Pro bowl

I STLL think we need an OT, but Lindstrom is the real deal, and starter quality day one......

Glowinski will be nervous for two weeks

Haven't really done much work on the oline besides late round prospects mostly because I think the colts will focus more on the d-line then the o-line. Alex Bars is a name Ive thrown out there a few times. A good player, but got hurt early in the year. 

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I like boykins, but he tries to win with size too much instead of his route running which is why I compared him to Kelvin Benjamin. Thats not necessary a bad thing, but his game will be limited if he doesn't learn to run routes. 

I haven't seen him enough for route running..... BUT...... sometime in the next two weeks :)

He seems to be a bit quicker than Benjamin Benjamin ran a 4.61 40, Boykin ran a 4.46 I believe.

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

I haven't seen him enough for route running..... BUT...... sometime in the next two weeks :)

He seems to be a bit quicker than Benjamin Benjamin ran a 4.61 40, Boykin ran a 4.46 I believe.

Hes definitely faster. I was referring more to how they both play the ball 

• Like 1