stitches

Official 2019 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes.....   I agree.    And honestly,  I suspect the Saints over-paid in order to move up as far as they did.    They had to entice a team to make it worthwhile for them to move that far down.

Call it.....     the cost of doing business.

It's next to impossibe to see Ballard being willing to trade so much high draft capital in order to trade up.    I think he'd pass on that....

Agreed

• Like 1

I just don’t think a guy like Lawrence provides enough value to take him at 26.  

I think we should do Lawrence in round 2 if we go that direction.  Similar to when the Seahawks picked up Jarran Reed in Round 2.   I won't cry if we take him though because pick#26 is damn near like Round #2 anyway.

• Like 2

For those discussing the value of trading up, remember that a current player can be used/traded to up the compensation. Not saying it is likely to happen, just that straight slot to slot value doesn't cover all that is possible.. 

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

For those discussing the value of trading up, remember that a current player can be used/traded to up the compensation. Not saying it is likely to happen, just that straight slot to slot value doesn't cover all that is possible.. 

Brissett. Lol

• Haha 1

Do we really need 9 stickied threads?  Takes up half the page

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With Brissett on his last year does anyone think the Colts might draft a QB for the future? I know they normally have a 3rd QB for training camp.

Most would think a free agent but is there one in later rounds worth taking a look at?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

With Brissett on his last year does anyone think the Colts might draft a QB for the future? I know they normally have a 3rd QB for training camp.

Most would think a free agent but is there one in later rounds worth taking a look at?

I doubt it. Its better to a vet so that he can help Luck see what the defense is doing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Alexander Mattison seems like a pretty darn good big back to me. Hes got really good feet, good vision, catches the ball well and hes got a great deal of power if we need to pound the ball. I like his game more than Dave Montgomery. If we dont get Jacobs i wouldnt mind Mattison. Hes got a pretty good grade on Nfl.com also.

• Like 1

Colts showing serious interest in Stetson TE Donald Parham. They have him for an official 30 visit: 

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-stetson

The Stetson pro day workout actually took part last week, but it was important with Senior Bowl participant Donald Parham the main attraction.

Parham tipped the scales at 240 pounds, three pounds less than his Senior Bowl weight. He touched 38.5 inches in the vertical jump and completed 17 reps on the bench press (his arms measured 36-1/4 inches at the Senior Bowl).

He then ran the 40 in times that clocked as low as 4.67 seconds and caught the ball well in position drills.

Parham has official-30 visits with the Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders and New York Giants.

Both the Colts and Raiders have requested additional time with Parham above the official-30 visit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

SIX FOOT EIGHT  TE...........  WHAT???????

Even taller - 6'8 3/8 "

• Like 1

Colts have a meeting with Arizona State DT Renell Wren

• Like 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am not a fan at 26 depending on who is there at 26. If we get a defensive player at 26 I would be ok taking him at 34.  Just sucks he won’t play next season.

• Thanks 1

Would dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons play the same position. I noticed they are both DT.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am not a fan at 26 depending on who is there at 26. If we get a defensive player at 26 I would be ok taking him at 34.  Just sucks he won’t play next season.

He could still play this year.  He tore it early enough where it is still possible.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Interesting. He is one player if he fell far enough I could see them trading up for.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Would dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons play the same position. I noticed they are both DT.

Lawrence would be more of a NT where as Simmons can play either the nose or 3-tech as he's more of an upfield rusher.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, CR91 said:

Just listened to this. The gist of it was that Galko believes the Colts will target DL in round one and if Lawrence is there he does not see the Colts passing on him. He however thinks Lawrence may go earlier and has the Colts taking Tillery.

Also noted that he's heard that they really love Isabella and that they may have to take him at 59 or trade up into the early third to get him.

Interesting stuff and good podcast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Colts having UH CB Isaiah Johnson for official 30 visit today.

Colts will have one of the highest ranked RBs in the draft Miles Sanders from Penn State in for a workout/meeting:

Michigan RB Karan Higdon is visiting the Colts too:

This is kind of weird. All the visits from Spencer Ware, Jay Ajayi, etc... then showing serious interest in the best RBs in this draft... to me it looks like the Colts are not satisfied with the RB stable we have. 

Wilkins averaged over five yards a carry. He needs more snaps. I think they are fine with Mack but for some reason are not satisfied with Wilkins. I bet they turn Hines into more of a receiver this year.

• Confused 1

Here's another one:

Colts hosting Alabama RB Josh Jacobs for a visit. 

I don’t see Jacobs going to the colts unless he falls a ton. No way they are taking him in the first or second round.

Just now, stitches said:

Here's another one:

Colts hosting Alabama RB Josh Jacobs for a visit. 

First Sanders now Jacobs for a visit.  The top RB prospects are coming in.  I don't think we are waiting until the 4th. rd.   I think the first two days are now in play.  Looks like we will try to upgrade the RB group for sure.  I'm all for it too.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t see Jacobs going to the colts unless he falls a ton. No way they are taking him in the first or second round.

This is the "I hope they don't take Jacobs" sentiment speaking on behalf of several fans on this board.  Personally speaking, it is unlikely he falls that far and hopefully he at least gets us a trade down opportunity if he is around at No.26 or No.34. I expect him to go at No.24 or No.25 to the Raiders or Eagles.

Colts fans throughout this forum will breathe a sigh of relief once Josh Jacobs is drafted before No.26, I can bet 100% on that

Kareem Hunt (on the field Kareem that is) dropped to the 3rd round because of a bad 40 (4.6 something) and if Josh Jacobs is there at No.59, I can most certainly see Ballard pulling the trigger. Kareem Hunt played much faster than that, and I expect the same from Josh Jacobs too. The comparisons are uncanny with their abilities to run and catch, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

This is the "I hope they don't take Jacobs" sentiment speaking on behalf of several fans on this board.  Personally speaking, it is unlikely he falls that far and hopefully he at least gets us a trade down opportunity if he is around at No.26 or No.34. 

Colts fans throughout this forum will breathe a sigh of relief once Josh Jacobs is drafted before No.26, I can bet 100% on that

You are right about the sigh of relief but I would be the exception that wouldn't mind him at all at 26.  If he is truly rated that high by most experts he would be a value at 26.  I expect him to go before 26 though.  That said would Ballard be tempted to trade up a few spots before the Eagles and Raiders to get him?  No one really knows the answer but it would be fun to see what unfolds if he does fall into the 20's.  It's developments like this that make the draft so interesting. 

• Sad 1

We need to upgrade the trenches and safety position way before a RB. This would be a head scratcher if Ballard took a RB with one of the first three picks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to upgrade the trenches and safety position way before a RB. This would be a head scratcher if Ballard took a RB with one of the first three picks.

To me it depends on who is the more highly rated player.  If Jacobs is really rated higher than any safety or DL when we pick I could see it.  It just depends on who is on the board when we pick and who has the higher ranking.   

If Ballard has a RB rated higher then a safety something is wrong.

• Confused 1

Could the Colts be bringing in RBs for interviews just to get other teams to take RBs earlier than they might have wanted to? :nutz:

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Ballard has a RB rated higher then a safety something is wrong.

That would not be true. If Ballard and his scouts rate an RB higher than a safety, I will trust them over anyone on this forum. If the values are similar, I can understand a tie-breaker going towards safety but to place it as a "black or white" opinion as above is wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That would not be true. If Ballard and his scouts rate an RB higher than a safety, I will trust them over anyone on this forum. If the values are similar, I can understand a tie-breaker going towards safety but to place it as a "black or white" opinion as above is wrong.

Running backs to never are a dime a dozen. You can plug almost anyone in there when you have a good oline. Plus they don’t play that long. 

• Like 1