Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What has happened to this colts team?

CR91

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It definitely wasn't all Chucks fault. Had Luck been healthy even with the bad Roster we had in 2017 we go 8-8 IMO. He is worth 4 or 5 wins by himself.

It just dumbfounds me that most think Pagano was the fault of the Colts woes.

Yes it was time to change head coaches but to simplify it and say it was Pagano is not understanding a coach has to have a talented team to win games. Just how many players are even in the league that were cut or not resigned by Ballard? But yet Pagano was expected to win with those players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

For the same reason Johnny Unitas isn’t in the roster anymore, genius. Rosters change. New GMs bring in new coaches. New players. 

You should read up on it some time. 

Or in this case because most of the roster wasn’t good enough.  If they had been good enough Grigson would still be here.

Pagano had his flaws no question but to act like the lack of talent he had didn’t play a factor in the Colts missing the playoffs in his last three seasons is ignoring a large part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes it was time to change head coaches but to simplify it and say it was Pagano is not understanding a coach has to have a talented team to win games. Just how many players are even in the league that were cut or not resigned by Ballard? But yet Pagano was expected to win with those players.

It's not right but the 2 people that get blamed most for losses are the QB and Coach. That is just how 99% of people think. Look at Philly, Nick Foles and Doug Pederson are hero's this week all because a FG Kicker missed a 43 Yard FG lmao . Trubisky and Nagy are labeled losers now by many and they had nothing to do with a FG Kicker who choked. Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are labeled as guys that couldn't win the big one but yet a simple FG in SB 25 changes everything. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry you are unable to look and see the reality of why the Colts struggled. Just blame it all on Pagano. That's simple isn't it?

Nobody is putting all the blame on Chuck but don't act like his coaching genius was extinguished by the GM.  One was an arrogant incompetent and the other was a humble putz.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Or in this case because most of the roster wasn’t good enough.  If they had been good enough Grigson would still be here.

Pagano had his flaws no question but to act like the lack of talent he had didn’t play a factor in the Colts missing the playoffs in his last three seasons is ignoring a large part of the problem.

Chuck had a hand in picking the talent.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Nobody is putting all the blame on Chuck but don't act like his coaching genius was extinguished by the GM.  One was an arrogant incompetent and the other was a humble putz.

Sorry, I can't take you serious when all you can do is pass out insulting opinions.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what? So did Grigson and a whole staff of coordinators and scouts.

I am glad we made the Coaching change as we needed a different system for Luck. Reich has done a Great job this season. Having said that I would put 75% of the blame on Grigson and 25% of the blame on Chuck for the way everything went down. Chuck gets some blame but Grigson did a lousy a job of Drafting outside of 2012. The Trent trade was awful as well.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep replacing 80% of the roster with rookies and first year players, sprinkle in a few no name free agents and we all of a sudden become a better more talented team.

Well you just answered your own argument, Reich does more with less.

Now stop flaming the board with your silly twists to make Mr. Clueless

Clappy look competent. If he was half as good as you say he is then he would have a head coaching gig by now.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

“Talent talent talent talent!”

2017 season where we lost the vast majority of our games despite having 4th quarter leads because of conservative playcalling. 

We won’t make things even more awkward and mention all those years of slow starts to games, and second half comebacks because we showed up severely underprepared. 

Or the lack of halftime adjustments that came back to haunt us in the end. 

No, none of those teams were as talented as a super bowl winner, but most managed to underachieve and fall short of expectations for reasons tied directly to coaching. 

Quit making him out to be something more than he was. He was a sub-mediocre at best coach on his best of days and he was 110% just as much to blame for the issues during those years as anyone else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

“Talent talent talent talent!”

2017 season where we lost the vast majority of our games despite having 4th quarter leads because of conservative playcalling. 

We won’t make things even more awkward and mention all those years of slow starts to games, and second half comebacks because we showed up severely underprepared. 

Or the lack of halftime adjustments that came back to haunt us in the end. 

No, none of those teams were as talented as a super bowl winner, but most managed to underachieve and fall short of expectations for reasons tied directly to coaching. 

Quit making him out to be something more than he was. He was a sub-mediocre at best coach on his best of days and he was 110% just as much to blame for the issues during those years as anyone else. 

If you want too see it as just that why don't you say anything about the positives that come from all that. When you are a negative person who dwells on pointing a finger at Pagano why not include the other people who were responsible?

The Colts won a lot of games by making adjustments at halftime so don't try to pile up that horse dung.

The Colts starters were not that bad but how many games did they miss due to injuries? How many starting offensive lines were used during his whole time here? Don't let little things like that enter the picture.

The lack of talent level of the 2nd and 3rd level players fell short of having enough talent to get wins.  Three straight years of very poor drafting and the signing of free agents than never worked out.

It's easy to forget Pagano's 1st three years isn't it?

He only won more games than any first time head coach had ever done.

Did he ever lose a locker room? No.

Stay negative my friend, it suits you well.

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Well you just answered your own argument, Reich does more with less.

Now stop flaming the board with your silly twists to make Mr. Clueless

Clappy look competent. If he was half as good as you say he is then he would have a head coaching gig by now.

Well Mr. Clueless just had at least one look so someone besides a few in this forum thinks different. Anyone who knows how the NFL works know he got dealt a losing hand her in Indy.

To address the little debate on here about pagano I would say 70% of the fault was grigson and the rest pagano. I think chuck was a good guy and a c+ coach but he had way too many flaws in my opinion most of all the horribly predictable and conservative play calling in the 4th quarter. It was like our defense and offense would play good and then we had the lead in the 4th and he goes strictly prevent on defense and run up the middle 2x in a row On offense followed by an incomplete pass. It was like clock work. He did this not with huge leads or anything; but with leads of 5 or 7 with 10 min remaining in the game lol. He wasn’t horrible, there are worse coaches but I’m def glad we got Reich now.  Speaking of Reich, once we become a dynasty can the nickname for our dynasty be reichs Reich? Or is that too insensitive lol?

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you want too see it as just that why don't you say anything about the positives that come from all that. When you are a negative person who dwells on pointing a finger at Pagano why not include the other people who were responsible?

The Colts won a lot of games by making adjustments at halftime so don't try to pile up that horse dung.

The Colts starters were not that bad but how many games did they miss due to injuries? How many starting offensive lines were used during his whole time here? Don't let little things like that enter the picture.

The lack of talent level of the 2nd and 3rd level players fell short of having enough talent to get wins.  Three straight years of very poor drafting and the signing of free agents than never worked out.

It's easy to forget Pagano's 1st three years isn't it?

He only won more games than any first time head coach had ever done.

Did he ever lose a locker room? No.

Stay negative my friend, it suits you well.

First of all, I see you there, pointing that finger at Grigson. Placing the blame at his feet the same way me placing appropriate blame at Pagano’s has you shook like Michael J Fox on a cold night. You’re driving the irony bus there, bud. 

Pagano’s first year? Wash. Again, probably should read up on that one. 

His second and third years were spent with Luck carrying the team on his back, and having to play Superman to keep us from getting rolled. 

As time went on and he got physically less able to do that (read up on: Andrew Luck Injury) the cover for Pagano’s issues started to fade more and more. 

You’re all butthurt like I said it was all Pagano. So I encourage you to go back at any point in time and find where I said it was all Pagano’s fault. 

Should I include a tutorial for the search feature for you?

12 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I need to get over it, but you guys keep reminding me!

Why did it take our last GM (I’m trying hard to never use his name again) soooo long to figure out that protecting the Franchise should have been his main priority?

He even had a note to remind himself "protect 12" and he still forgot. 

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

First of all, I see you there, pointing that finger at Grigson. Placing the blame at his feet the same way me placing appropriate blame at Pagano’s has you shook like Michael J Fox on a cold night. You’re driving the irony bus there, bud. 

Pagano’s first year? Wash. Again, probably should read up on that one. 

His second and third years were spent with Luck carrying the team on his back, and having to play Superman to keep us from getting rolled. 

As time went on and he got physically less able to do that (read up on: Andrew Luck Injury) the cover for Pagano’s issues started to fade more and more. 

You’re all butthurt like I said it was all Pagano. So I encourage you to go back at any point in time and find where I said it was all Pagano’s fault. 

Back to the insults again.  No more.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This team reminds me of the 1995 team. We had a solid O.Line that season and could run it (dominate up front), and a solid Defense too, and a QB in Harbaugh that was clutch. 

The fix was in against the Steelers.  We probably would've lost to Dallas.  But we'd have put up a better fight than they did.

• Like 1

Why is it so hard for understand that the failure of a partnership is a failure of each of the individuals within that partnership?  Is it really necessary to rehash the who sucked more? Pagano was bad under two GMs.  Grigson was bad because he wasn't good.  What the puck difference does it make, the two of them lost more games than in the previous year each passing year. Who cares the percentage of who was at fault?  Both guys were not good at their job and we were wise to fire them.  End of story.   

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How you been doing brother? Everything good? Man this season has been fun hasn't it? Much like 2012 when we chatted over at ESPN.

Dude, it's been really fun.  I've been excited about this team in a way I haven't been since I can remember being a colts fan.  Even under Manning, the SB run never felt real until the Pats and Chargers were out of the picture.  This year, we might not win, because it's hard to win a SB, but I feel more confident in this Colts team more than any other time I've watched the Colts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

It's pretty much all about this man right here. New Sheriff in town boys. 

frank.jpg

Shoot, fire and save the matches.  Where did you find this gem?  LOL!  I mean it's not a great picture, but Reich looks like he should be in a Billy Ray Cyrus video.  lmao!

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Dude, it's been really fun.  I've been excited about this team in a way I haven't been since I can remember being a colts fan.  Even under Manning, the SB run never felt real until the Pats and Chargers were out of the picture.  This year, we might not win, because it's hard to win a SB, but I feel more confident in this Colts team more than any other time I've watched the Colts.  

Yeah me too. Really only 2006 and 1995 have been better than this season, 2012 was great too. I am not sure we beat KC but even we do not we have proved alot of people wrong already. We at least have regained king status in the AFC South which is huge. From 1-5 to 10-6 and kicking Houston's butt is awesome.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Shoot, fire and save the matches.  Where did you find this gem?  LOL!  I mean it's not a great picture, but Reich looks like he should be in a Billy Ray Cyrus video.  lmao!

If by 'not a great picture' you mean 'God incarnate' then yes....:D

Just something from an old SI or something when he played in Buffalo. It gets passed around the Colts subreddit the way Manning Face did.

manning face.png

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me too. Really only 2006 and 1995 have been better than this season, 2012 was great too. I am not sure we beat KC but even we do not we have proved alot of people wrong already. We at least have regained king status in the AFC South which is huge. From 1-5 to 10-6 and kicking Houston's butt is awesome.

I do remember the 95 season.  My Dad actually had season tickets that year, so he always took either me or my brother to games.  It's the only time he's ever bought them and man, did he luck out.  I don't think anyone saw us going to the AFCCG.  Was a fun year.  The Comeback Kid!!!

• Like 1

Tradition: The Colts history goes back along way with a lot of titles included in that history. Look at Detroit or the Jets for example and other teams that can't seem to find the formula for a streak of years with winning records. So when winning teams suddenly find themselves in the gutter the sense of urgency to right the wrongs is greater. 

Just now, The Peytonator said:

If by 'not a great picture' you mean 'God incarnate' then yes....:D

Just something from an old SI or something when he played in Buffalo. It gets passed around the Colts subreddit the way Manning Face did.

manning face.png

lol I only meant the quality of the picture, because the contents of it need to be preserved in the HOF.

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Back to the insults again.  No more.

A simple “Yes please” would have sufficed. 

But tell yourself what you need to avoid the truth that what you’ve said has more holes than Swiss cheese.