Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What has happened to this colts team?

CR91

I have come to the conclusion that the change in attitude and culture of the organization is the single most important factor contributing to the team's current success.  

Locker room, locker room, locker room.

with the right group of guys, the "group" is SO much more than the sum of its parts.  Think of a real tight knit family versus a group of random people thrown together.  Which group is going to work more efficiently and effectively and which is more concerned of the needs of and pleasing the rest of the group?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The oline is what happened to Luck and the running game.

I have no idea how they are doing so well on the defensive side with all these rookies and no name players. We will see how good they really are Sat. They may not be as good as we thought yet.

I don't think there is any doubt about our run D. Pass D could still get exposed but when it comes to stopping the run we are impressive. We played some of the best backs in the game, Zeke, Barkley, Henry twice,  probably missing one, and never gave up a 100 yard rusher. That's crazy.

25 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Chris "Big Mojo" Ballard happened. 

Close to his nickname.  Got 1/2 words right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I need to get over it, but you guys keep reminding me!

Why did it take our last GM (I’m trying hard to never use his name again) soooo long to figure out that protecting the Franchise should have been his main priority?

Well, he wrote it down on a sticky note and placed it on his desk, so......

17 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

I don't think there is any doubt about our run D. Pass D could still get exposed but when it comes to stopping the run we are impressive. We played some of the best backs in the game, Zeke, Barkley, Henry twice,  probably missing one, and never gave up a 100 yard rusher. That's crazy.

Close to his nickname.  Got 1/2 words right.

Yes I agree with that. We have played good backs. We will see how everyone else holds up Sat.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

When Ballard came in and said you build the team through the line out....that was music to my ears. I have been waiting on that since 95. Finally we are seeing what happens when you address the lines. 

This team reminds me of the 1995 team. We had a solid O.Line that season and could run it (dominate up front), and a solid Defense too, and a QB in Harbaugh that was clutch. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This team reminds me of the 1995 team. We had a solid O.Line that season and could run it (dominate up front), and a solid Defense too, and a QB in Harbaugh that was clutch. 

That is when I became a colts fan! They were awesome. I remember them beating the niners, cowboys and power houses of those times

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The oline is what happened to Luck and the running game.

I have no idea how they are doing so well on the defensive side with all these rookies and no name players. We will see how good they really are Sat. They may not be as good as we thought yet.

IDK. Chiefs will score.  They score against everyone. It's how they score that will determine the strength of this defense.  If we make KC and Mahomes shy away from big plays and become meticulous, then we know our defense is for real.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I need to get over it, but you guys keep reminding me!

Why did it take our last GM (I’m trying hard to never use his name again) soooo long to figure out that protecting the Franchise should have been his main priority?

it didnt he just kept drafting busts and bringing in bust free agents he did try jack mewhort ryan kelly joe heag and brought in a lot of free agent linemen

57 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Imagine what they can do with players that fit the RPO system

and a 4-3 defense.

Yep replacing 80% of the roster with rookies and first year players, sprinkle in a few no name free agents and we all of a sudden become a better more talented team.

Total trash season!!! #fireballard

First off who drafts a guard #6 over all then goes and completely reaches on Leonard, smith, Turay, and Lewis! Next he drafts Hines who had some drops and fumbled in the preseason so obviously he is a total bust! Then the * made Mack the starting running back when he is made of glass. Once we started 1-5 myself and colleagues such as @needanoline63 were happier than pigs in mud because we had so much to complain about but now we are in the playoffs and have nothing! 

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That is when I became a colts fan! They were awesome. I remember them beating the niners, cowboys and power houses of those times

That 49ers game was awesome.  A big defensive stop at the end.  And one of the safeties threw his helmet down the field in celebration.  I think it was McElroy?   Idk but it was exciting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That 49ers game was awesome.  A big defensive stop at the end.  And one of the safeties threw his helmet down the field in celebration.  I think it was McElroy?   Idk but it was exciting. 

Mike Doss, he was later than you're referring to though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Mike Doss, he was later than you're referring to though.

It wasn’t doss in that game.  I’m almost positive it was McElroy.   He bowled his helmet down the field.  The stadium was going crazy.   I don’t think we won a lot of games at home that year 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that was the case why did Ballard replace 80% of the roster?

Just stop.

For the same reason Johnny Unitas isn’t in the roster anymore, genius. Rosters change. New GMs bring in new coaches. New players. 

You should read up on it some time.