Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts ran for 200 yards

PeterBowman

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed.  Mack is fine for this offense, but he doesn't have as much power or tackle breaking ability to be thought of as a RB that needs to be accounted for on his own, IMO.

I thought it interesting how the 2018 NFL leading rusher was not doing well for a number of games prior to his team trading for a #1 receiver who made defenses have to play the pass more honest. He just couldn't get it done "on his own."

Funny how that works.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

... and yet threw on 2nd and 3rd down when we should have been eating clock and trying to get the killer first downs on the ground. We have our back in Mack (like that phrase?) This offense just needs to stay consistent. We will need it next week in KC for sure. 

Luck threw 10 passes in the 2nd half.  I don’t think they had a problem with too many pass plays in the 2nd half.  I will agree the offense has to stay consistent next week as not scoring for almost 35 minutes of game time probably isn’t going to cut it vs KC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Luck threw 10 passes in the 2nd half.  I don’t think they had a problem with too many pass plays in the 2nd half.  I will agree the offense has to stay consistent next week as not scoring for almost 35 minutes of game time probably isn’t going to cut it vs KC.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Dang it seemed like he threw more then that. 

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I thought it interesting how the 2018 NFL leading rusher was not doing well for a number of games prior to his team trading for a #1 receiver who made defenses have to play the pass more honest. He just couldn't get it done "on his own."

Funny how that works.

Yes, no RB does it on their own.  But some have to be specifically accounted for more than others.  I'm thinking Kamara in New Orleans or (formerly) Hunt in KC are RBs that fit their offenses (and drafted roughly at similar spots as Mack), but also the RB play would drop off considerably when they are replaced.  I don't see that with Mack at this point.

This team continue to surprise me in all kinds of different and unexpected ways every single week. I know we are different type of running game animal when we have Kelly at center and the difference is huge between games he plays and games he didn't play, but this is just whole new level of domination. This was not some random run defense. We barely got 50 yards of rushing combined in the previous 2 games vs Houston, but we didn't have our whole O-Line for either game. Anyways - even in my wildest dreams I didn't expect this type of thumping and complete annihilation can happen vs the best run defense in the league.

Holy hell! Both the players and Frank deserves so much credit. Frank set up the run game through the first drive when we carved them up with pre-planned throws off play action on multiple occasions. Guess what happened on the second drive? The Texans decided they need more help in the secondary rather than sending the safeties in the box and the O-Line and Mack marched down the field almost exclusively running the ball until we reached the red-zone. WOW! 

i love this team... I LOVE IT! 

I remember at the introductory press-conference Frank saying something to the effect "I want this offense to run the ball when it wants to run the ball and to throw the ball when we want to". This is not as simple as it sounds. Opponents usually take away stuff and you have at least to some degree to conform to what the opponent gives you. This game was the embodiment of that sentiment. We dictated the game from start to finish. We threw when we needed and wanted, we ran when we wanted and needed to. This was such a complete game for us when you include how good our defense played. 

Bravo! What an incredible team effort! 

We are getting into our stride right when we need to. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, stitches said:

This team continue to surprise me in all kinds of different and unexpected ways every single week. I know we are different type of running game animal when we have Kelly at center and the difference is huge between games he plays and games he didn't play, but this is just whole new level of domination. This was not some random run defense. We barely got 50 yards of rushing combined in the previous 2 games vs Houston, but we didn't have our whole O-Line for either game. Anyways - even in my wildest dreams I didn't expect this type of thumping and complete annihilation can happen vs the best run defense in the league.

Holy hell! Both the players and Frank deserves so much credit. Frank set up the run game through the first drive when we carved them up with pre-planned throws off play action on multiple occasions. Guess what happened on the second drive? The Texans decided they need more help in the secondary rather than sending the safeties in the box and the O-Line and Mack marched down the field almost exclusively running the ball until we reached the red-zone. WOW! 

I remember at the introductory press-conference Frank saying something to the effect "I want this offense to run the ball when it wants to run the ball and to throw the ball when we want to". This is not as simple as it sounds. Opponents usually take away stuff and you have at least to some degree to conform to what the opponent gives you. This game was the embodiment of that sentiment. We dictated the game from start to finish. We threw when we needed and wanted, we ran when we wanted and needed to. This was such a complete game for us when you include how good our defense played. 

While I loved this game, I don't think we had our way in the second  half.  Zero points and what, 4 punts? Our defense was stout but until the final possession (in the second half)  I don't think we were doing anything we wanted in the second half.  That being said, I am proud of these Colts.  What an awesome win!!

6 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

While I loved this game, I don't think we had our way in the second  half.  Zero points and what, 4 punts? Our defense was stout but until the final possession (in the second half)  I don't think we were doing anything we wanted in the second half.  That being said, I am proud of these Colts.  What an awesome win!!

I think the Colts controlled the score in the 2nd half. Conservative plays and no mistakes.

You also have to give credit to the Texans for making their adjustments. They didn't win the division by being a bad team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think the Colts controlled the score in the 2nd half. Conservative plays and no mistakes.

You also have to give credit to the Texans for making their adjustments. They didn't win the division by being a bad team.

That may be, but it would have been nice to get at least one touchdown on those four drives, to put the nail in the coffin, but I guess our D was playing so good, it didn't matter.  I was frustrated with our O in the 2nd half, until the last drive.  But that might have been by design.

10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

That may be, but it would have been nice to get at least one touchdown on those four drives, to put the nail in the coffin, but I guess our D was playing so good, it didn't matter.  I was frustrated with our O in the 2nd half, until the last drive.  But that might have been by design.

I wasn't frustrated but more concerned in the 2nd half. I think Frank had a lot of faith in our defense and didn't think Watson could beat us. Luck only threw 10 passes in the 2nd half and the running game was pounding them.

12 hours ago, austriancolt said:

Would like to see a Tackle with the potential to replace Castonzo in near future. Anthony isn't getting younger...

Absolutely agreed

OT is VERY THIN on this team

Smith actually had a better game than AC.

I think there should be a round 3 thru 4 player that isnt ready in 2019, but has some basic skills to develop for future use.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Mack had almost 100 yards going into the 4th quarter, in the Playoffs, against a D built to stop the run. He isn't Barry Sanders!
 What i saw last night was our Mack and that line playing a game, and finishing the 4th quarter like Emmitt Smith and his line used to do. We are off to a heck of a start.
Gotta Love Ballard's vision.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I wasn't frustrated but more concerned in the 2nd half. I think Frank had a lot of faith in our defense and didn't think Watson could beat us. Luck only threw 10 passes in the 2nd half and the running game was pounding them.

And many of those 10 were stinkers. Andrew has come farther, faster in his short game than i expected based on little improvement up to this season.
 He is putting the ball between the waist and the numbers a lot now and that is a huge difference from his past. Awesome.
 A slight improvement with his touch at times and getting the ball in front of his pass catchers so defenders can't strip it out, and he will truly be Great.
 He is consistant about talking about getting better every day, so watch out NFL. 

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

While I love the fact that we just ran 200 I do t understand the kline draft talk. Especially in the first with a loaded DLine draft. Let's start addressing the D like we did the oline 

Yea I read a draft article that had somewhere like 6 WRs going first round smh. Colts taking Arcega-Whiteside. This draft will be loaded in first 2 rounds with defense. I will not doubt CBall again in regards to draft. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Yea I read a draft article that had somewhere like 6 WRs going first round smh. Colts taking Arcega-Whiteside. This draft will be loaded in first 2 rounds with defense. I will not doubt CBall again in regards to draft. 

Would love to draft two beasts on the defense with those first two rounds.