Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts ran for 200 yards

PeterBowman

12 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Would like to see a Tackle with the potential to replace Castonzo in near future. Anthony isn't getting younger...

Still just 30. He should be OK for 3-4 more seasons.

We are all like you, having that other guy in the pipeline sure sounds good.

4 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Sign Glowinski and draft a guard in the 1st or 2nd...

I dont want to mess things up.   However, I could c a scenario of drafting a LT if there was one on the board that slid and  Ballard couldn't resist.  Kick Smith inside at  guard and let the rookie LT get his  feet wet at RT for a year.  Then move him to LT after a year and Castanozo finishes his career at RT. 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont want to mess things up.   However, I could c a scenario of drafting a LT if there was one on the board that slid and  Ballard couldn't resist.  Kick Smith inside at  guard and let the rookie LT get his  feet wet at RT for a year.  Then move him to LT after a year and Castanozo finishes his career at RT. 

Hey... stop ruining our offensive line.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Could be a FA Guard that signs as well and opens the draft board for a Tackle. I trust Ballard and staff to make moves that improve both lines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hahaha.  The  only way I c a scenario like that is  if a O tackle is sitting there that they simply can't ignore.  When u have a streng, I am of the mind set that u make it even stronger.

Smith is our RT. Stop trying to move him back to Guard. No rookie is coming in and out playing Smith at Tackle.

Glow is our RG, Smith would be a downgrade. Stop with the letting Glow walk stuff.

Stop it, please.

I am of the mindset that you don't shuffle around arguably the best line in football.

Now draft more depth? Absolutely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Don't b surprised if Ballard uses another high pick on the O line. The efficiency of the O line this year just proves how important it is to the success of the  offence and defence.

I will be surprised, since the D line needs help more.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Smith is our RT. No rookie is coming in and out playing him. Glow is our RG, Smith would be a downgrade. Stop it, please.

I am of the mindset that you don't shuffle around arguably the best line in football.

Now draft more depth? Absolutely.

I agree with u to  some extent.  I think it really depends on what Glowinski asks for.  I think Ballard will put a  value on  him and not go above it.   He is less than  a one year starter and I am not bout to over pay.  I also understand if Glowinski asks for a big contract as it mayb his only opportunity to get a big pay day. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree with u to  some extent.  I think it really depends on what Glowinski asks for.  I think Ballard will put a  value on  him and not go above it.   He is less than  a one year starter and I am not bout to over pay.  I also understand if Glowinski asks for a big contract as it mayb his only opportunity to get a big pay day. 

If by some crazy circumstance Glow isn't here next year, Smith is still 100% our RT. He's been phenomenal there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Don't b surprised if Ballard uses another high pick on the O line. The efficiency of the O line this year just proves how important it is to the success of the  offence and defence.

I agree in theory.  The question is can it be done with a 53 man roster. 

Haeg is playing well as the 6th man, but an injury to one of our starters brings the oline back down to earth.  Kelly really makes a difference, and the offense seems to be able to do more things comfortably when either Haeg or Boehm don't have to start.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I've been saying this for a while.  The problem now is that I don't think there is a sure thing LT late in the 20s where we'll be drafting.  It would have been a better strategy if we were picking top 15.

Also, I don't think this is a good year for college LTs.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the running game succeeds due to Luck's efficient passing and the stoutness of our oline.  Mack's a nice player and does many things pretty well, but Luck and the Line is what makes or breaks the run game.

No matter how good of a RB you are if you don’t have a o line or a qb who is a threat to throw downfield your going to suck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Prediction:

We’re going to keep Glowinski and we’re likely going to pay him more than you think we should.   And he’ll be worth the money. 

We have the money and he’s earned it.

Only problem is another team could come in and completely over pay for him since he comes from one of the best units. hopefully some team wont push his contract out of Ballards comfort zone. Hopefully we can just extend him before he even hits the market lol

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, egg said:

Hines had averaged almost 10 touches per game and was 3rd on the team with 46 first downs. I was very surprised.

Perhaps a ploy as to not show all your cards during the playoffs unless needed. We didn’t need all the cards at 21 up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

If by some crazy circumstance Glow isn't here next year, Smith is still 100% our RT. He's been phenomenal there.

Well he could also very well be even better at guard he played college ball there we just don't know I'll trust the coaches no matter what they do 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well he could also very well be even better at guard he played college ball there we just don't know I'll trust the coaches no matter what they do 

Possibly, but do you really want to move him to guard after how well he is playing at arguably a more important and more difficult position?

And just look at him (now look at Nelson and Glow), he's built like a tackle and he's playing like one.

13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I've been saying this for a while.  The problem now is that I don't think there is a sure thing LT late in the 20s where we'll be drafting.  It would have been a better strategy if we were picking top 15.

Also, I don't think this is a good year for college LTs.

Yeah agreed. It is  a heavy D draft , so any O linemen that r a 1st round talents will b drafted early by a team in need.  Better for us , as I really think we need some D linemen.  Corner is looking like a position of strength.  Strong safety, D Line,WR and TE is where I would focus

• Like 1

Possibly, but do you really want to move him to guard after how well he is playing at arguably a more important and more difficult position?

And just look at him (now look at Nelson and Glow), he's built like a tackle and he's playing like one.

Like i said I'll trust the coaches no matter what they do. They sure as hell earned my trust after this turn around!!

I dont want to move any one.  I was just saying  that in a scenario where Glowinskis agent asks for stupid money. It could happen . Or in the case of an O tackle who slides, which is not likely given that we mayb picking in the late 20's.  Just throwing round ideas.

11 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, he was kinda of a non factor today. Kinda immaterial now, seeing we got the Dub.

Colts will need next week for sure.

Good to know I thought he got hurt last week for some reason.

Yeah, he was kinda of a non factor today. Kinda immaterial now, seeing we got the Dub.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I believe Glowinski is a free agent.  If he wants to much kick Smith in at guard and draft a tackle.  Or keep Smith at tackle and draft a guard.  Depends on best player available in the draft. Lots of options. I am not going  to pay Glowinski a lot of money even though we have a lot of cap.

I see Glo as the weakest link now and could see us picking up a guard in the 4th or fifth round.  Hope we can keep him for depth though.

10 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Yeah, but, is it good to know, though?

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Blue said:

I see Glo as the weakest link now and could see us picking up a guard in the 4th or fifth round.  Hope we can keep him for depth though.

Glowinski is a younger guy and shows he can play. May not give him 7+ yr but he is going to get a nice raise, here or somewhere else. Give him a 3yr 21 million contract with 8-10 guaranteed and structure it so you can either move on year 3 with no problem or pay him the bigger cash because he has played into year 3. Win/win imho. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Blue said:

I'm all for keeping him around, but more as a back up.  I keep seeing him miss assignments (saw some tonight) although he did eliminate the penalties after that Titans game which was ridiculous. 

Glow? He isn't sticking around for backup money, nor should he.

He played very well vs. Titans despite the penalties (see stampede blue article on his Titans game).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I think the running game succeeds due to Luck's efficient passing and the stoutness of our oline.  Mack's a nice player and does many things pretty well, but Luck and the Line is what makes or breaks the run game.

You just described most running games.  I love Todd Gurley, but CJ Anderson  was basically taking a nap on the Panthers bench before going to LA and running for 132 and 168 in back to back games.

I think PFF or Football outsiders recently wrote and article pointing out the quality of the rb was less important then the QB and Oline when it comes to running the ball.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You just described most running games.  I love Todd Gurley, but CJ Anderson  was basically taking a nap on the Panthers bench before going to LA and running for 132 and 168 in back to back games.

I think PFF or Football outsiders recently wrote and article pointing out the quality of the rb was less important then the QB and Oline when it comes to running the ball.

Agreed.  Mack is fine for this offense, but he doesn't have as much power or tackle breaking ability to be thought of as a RB that needs to be accounted for on his own, IMO.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

"i am not about to overpay"  so wacko  The Colts actually handle this stuff. 

Glow is the 10th rated G at PFF, which is far beyond what you KNOW.
 And Glowinski's agent has a job to seek market value. Period.

• Like 1