Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Injuries

Mr.Debonair

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

They are going to have to blitz a bit more than they usually do to get pressure.  That's going to leave some guys open for us .

titans are horrible at getting sacks they have to blitz to get even a little bit of pressure .  with casey out and orakpo out and woodyard is really banged up luck will have a clean pocket all night and carve them up bad this is gonna be a mauling

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Orakpo, Logan Ryan and Casey our for Tenn. Those are 3 major players out for Tenn. Hopefully the offense can take advantage of those absences. 

Corey Davis is nursing a hamstring too.  I expect Lewis will be catching a lot of short passes.  

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

Will still probably have trouble running the ball consistently but I think pass protection should hold up pretty well.

This game wont be easy it was in Indy but not down there doesn't seem to matter how good oe how bad they are they almost always give us a run for our money if not beat us down there.

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

titans are horrible at getting sacks they have to blitz to get even a little bit of pressure .  with casey out and orakpo out and woodyard is really banged up luck will have a clean pocket all night and carve them up bad this is gonna be a mauling

I agree. The most confident I have been about any Colts game this season.

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I agree. I think the way we won the against NY really will help self-motivate each player on our team. I can’t wait for Sunday Night! 

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

This game wont be easy it was in Indy but not down there doesn't seem to matter how good oe how bad they are they almost always give us a run for our money if not beat us down there.

See, the thing is, this is just objectively not true. We are 10-0 against them, home and away, with Luck. I think it's like 10 out of 11 without (could be wrong on that). Some games were somewhat close. Most weren't.  This isn't a team.we really have ever struggled against in recent memory. Can we lose? Sure. But I'm not buying what you are saying. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrLuck said:

See, the thing is, this is just objectively not true. We are 10-0 against them, home and away, with Luck. I think it's like 10 out of 11 without (could be wrong on that). Some games were somewhat close. Most weren't.  This isn't a team.we really have ever struggled against in recent memory. Can we lose? Sure. But I'm not buying what you are saying. 

Actually it is true just because this team has had all this success against the Titans doesn't mean anything new game we go in there with that thinking we will lose. Don't go in there thinking because we have owned this team in the past then we already won this game cause that's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Actually it is true

16 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

they almost always give us a run for our money if not beat us down there.

But that's NOT true.  You'd have to cherry-pick a game where Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck weren't playing to say the Titans beat the Colts in Nashville.

As long as we have our franchise QB playing, the Colts have been walking out of Nashville with a win for years now.

You're right that it won't be easy, but the Colts HAVE owned the Titans in Nashville.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

But that's NOT true.  You'd have to cherry-pick a game where Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck weren't playing to say the Titans beat the Colts in Nashville.

As long as we have our franchise QB playing, the Colts have been walking out of Nashville with a win for years now.

You're right that it won't be easy, but the Colts HAVE owned the Titans in Nashville.

Yes in the past highlight the word past cause that don't matter past stuff means nothing just because we have left there with wins a lot of times that doesn't mean that will happen this time.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Yes in the past highlight the word past cause that don't matter past stuff means nothing just because we have left there with wins a lot of times that doesn't mean that will happen this time.

Then why did you say:

17 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

they almost always give us a run for our money if not beat us down there.

if 1) it's not true and 2) it doesn't matter?!?

• Like 1

I don't think it matters one darn bit what has happened in the past. This is a special game, with tons on the line for both teams, on national TV with no competition from other games. Both teams will be playing all out, hard football. Injuries do matter, but past records don't. Its likely going to be a great game to the finish, and a nerve-wracking blast to watch. Go Colts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Actually it is true just because this team has had all this success against the Titans doesn't mean anything new game we go in there with that thinking we will lose. Don't go in there thinking because we have owned this team in the past then we already won this game cause that's ridiculous.

I dont think that. I am specifically objecting to you saying we struggle at Tennessee lately. We haven't.  We actually have had more success against them than any team against any other team in recent memory.  You are moving the goalposts. Has nothing to do with who will win tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrLuck said:

I dont think that. I am specifically objecting to you saying we struggle at Tennessee lately. We haven't.  We actually have had more success against them than any team against any other team in recent memory.  You are moving the goalposts. Has nothing to do with who will win tomorrow. 

We have struggled on the road this year 3-4 speaks for itself I think.

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Not sure if that’s good news. I know it is as far as not having to worry about Mariota running but, isn’t Gabbert a better pocket passer?

Yeah, I am not sure either.  Either way the Colts need to get consistent pressure on the Qb.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Makes sense..Cant grip the ball comfortably and it will be raining

I don't believe it has to do with his elbow injury this time.  They stated it had to do with the "stinger" he sustained last week.

6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Yeah, I am not sure either.  Either way the Colts need to get consistent pressure on the Qb.

I don't believe it has to do with his elbow injury this time.  They stated it had to do with the "stinger" he sustained last week.

Gabbert is a stationary target...…..Mariotta can and did run the read option...

..and CYN..he wanst 100% last week...

Understand there is no such thing as a 'stinger'  That's symptom..not  a cause

That's nerve pain..  he has nerve issues..

He has not been able to grip the ball normally and without pain the second half of the season...  I dont think he'll be active at all

For whatever reason...its good for the Colts that he's not playing

He is better than Gabbert...He's a run=-pass threat...Gabbert is a pass threat

If the Colts can't crush this Tennessee team without those guys, then they definitely don't deserve to be in the playoffs.  

I feel a little better knowing that if we lose on some ticky tack penalty, it doesn't matter because it shouldn't have even been close enough to matter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hoose said:

I don't think it matters one darn bit what has happened in the past. This is a special game, with tons on the line for both teams, on national TV with no competition from other games. Both teams will be playing all out, hard football. Injuries do matter, but past records don't. Its likely going to be a great game to the finish, and a nerve-wracking blast to watch. Go Colts. 

You are right.

Past seasons have absolutely no relevance to this game.

Teams change so much in just a few weeks.

..and playing outdoors in the rain WILL affect the game compared to our win last month.