Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland GM fired

hoosierhawk

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be wrong but the Raiders will implode with Gruden in charge of everything.

Once the fan base dwindles so will the Raiders.

Eh. They can always move back to Oakland.... or San Diego..... or Mexico City...... or London....... or San Antonio....

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm not a Gruden believer so I'm expecting Oakland to crash and burn.  

He's made a lot of bad decisions, but the last chance for him to redeem himself is what he does in the draft.  He has 3 first round picks and he needs to hit on all of them if he wants to have any momentum going forward.

54 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

He's made a lot of bad decisions, but the last chance for him to redeem himself is what he does in the draft.  He has 3 first round picks and he needs to hit on all of them if he wants to have any momentum going forward.

He has the freedom to crash and burn a little though.  His buyout has to be huge.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

He has the freedom to crash and burn a little though.  His buyout has to be huge.  

I think he's already done enough to warrant the ire from fans.  Mack is having a great season in Chicago while the Raiders have no pass rush.  Cooper got traded and has been playing very well for Dallas.  If they don't nail their first round picks, the fans will be calling for his head

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think he's already done enough to warrant the ire from fans.  Mack is having a great season in Chicago while the Raiders have no pass rush.  Cooper got traded and has been playing very well for Dallas.  If they don't nail their first round picks, the fans will be calling for his head

Yeah but will Davis have the 80 million dollars to buy out his contract?

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yeah but will Davis have the 80 million dollars to buy out his contract?

From what I've been reading, Davis has a lot of financial problems.  The fans won't care though.  For the sake of Gruden, David, and Raiders fans, he has to nail all of the first round picks he got in trading his players away

On 12/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

It is officially the Jon Gruden show now. I'm curious how he will use his draft picks in April. 3 first rounders. Doesn't happen too often in the NFL.

I doubt they pick 3 in the first round.  They will most likely trade one of them and move back into the 2nd round .   It would b a nightmare trying to sign them this year and into their 2nd contract if they all performed 

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I doubt they pick 3 in the first round.  They will most likely trade one of them and move back into the 2nd round .   It would b a nightmare trying to sign them this year and into their 2nd contract if they all performed 

I highly doubt that is even in the thoughts of Gruden. Why should it be?  It is him that will be in control of everything including the cap.

Nah, I think his ego would not let him do that. He wants to show the world how smart he is.