Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck: AFC Offensive Player of the Week

DaveA1102

Luck makes the game look so easy when he has time & is running a competent offense that he clearly has complete control of...  Luck has never had the strongest arm but every throw looks effortless. Yet they still have the steam & zip to get there on time & on target.  This being his first year back & in a new system...  Simply Phenomenal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Well deserved!  #12 has been on a tear!  I don't think there should be anymore question marks about his shoulder.  That bomb to TY was nice!

That bomb to TY was effortless. Like Luck puts more effort into handoffs, play fakes, and climbing the pocket than that throw.  Just easy money.  On time & on target.  Basically a 40 yard handoff...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Do they not take the Monday night game into consideration on this award?  I love Andrew,   but no way was he better than some of the guys Monday night 

People got excited bout Monday's game.  I thought it was total trash.  Sure the qbs were good but that was the worst display of defence I  have ever seen.  I am not alone as a  lot of analysts r saying the same thing.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dew5150 said:
  • It should be the Colts' offensive line. I've never enjoyed o-line play as much as this year. No offense to Andrew, but it's a lot easier to rack up stats when you've got that much time.

Just ask Tom Brady, throughout the majority of his career. lol

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Do they not take the Monday night game into consideration on this award?  I love Andrew,   but no way was he better than some of the guys Monday night 

Well, speaking to Mahomes, 3 interceptions, 2 I believe that were his fault at crucial times, as well as surrendering 2 strip sacks, both for TDs the opposite way,  I do believ.  

All in a losing cause. 

I think that nullifies the rest to the point that his performance was too “good / bad” to be considered better than luck’s precision performance. Remember also, Luck didn’t even play the majority of the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Well, speaking to Mahomes, 3 interceptions, 2 I believe that were his fault at crucial times, as well as surrendering 2 strip sacks, both for TDs the opposite way,  I do believ.  

All in a losing cause. 

I think that nullifies the rest to the point that his performance was too “good / bad” to be considered better than luck’s precision performance. Remember also, Luck didn’t even play the majority of the 4th quarter. 

But the dont explain how Goff didnt get NFC player of the week 

Look even if Arron Rogers was playing under the old Colts line we had, he would be ether hurt or not much better that what luck had to endure. So yes the offensive line improvement  to any  Francize QB buys more time for a QB to shine. nobody is debating that. But even Great QB's have to have some time. You have seen what has happened to even the "Great Tom Brady" over the years when he has had Pressure put on him. That generally is when the Patriots have lost.  

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Just ask Tom Brady, throughout the majority of his career. lol

Name a great qb  who does not have a great O line?  They go hand in hand.  Luck is the only elite qb that I have ever watched who played at an elite level and had trash for an O line.  Name me another qb that took as much punishment in the first 6 years of his career as Luck.  U think any of the greats would have excelled under those circumstances? Done!!!!!!

13 hours ago, dew5150 said:
  • It should be the Colts' offensive line. I've never enjoyed o-line play as much as this year. No offense to Andrew, but it's a lot easier to rack up stats when you've got that much time.

I've always been fascinated by oline play.  It is really a choreographed dance.  This group is indeed special. 

29 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Name a great qb  who does not have a great O line?  They go hand in hand.  Luck is the only elite qb that I have ever watched who played at an elite level and had trash for an O line.  Name me another qb that took as much punishment in the first 6 years of his career as Luck.  U think any of the greats would have excelled under those circumstances? Done!!!!!!

Russell Wilson and Phillip rivers are the only ones I can think of. Seahawks OL has been trash until this year and Wilson was always running for his life but still put up elite numbers. But ya usually good QBs and good OLs go hand in hand. But sometimes the QB can make a line look good with a quick release. 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, dew5150 said:

I really wanted to get angry at your comment until I realized it was a compliment.  Then I calmed down, mentally gathered myself and gave a nod of approval.  But you almost had me there.