Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron was an amazing signing by Ballard

RockThatBlue

40 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's "amazing".  How many have a great QB?  Or a great HC who schemes him wide open on about 50% of his receptions.

Edit:  What's so confusing about that?

You said there are tons of guys capable.   Quite a few great qbs and great play callers in the NFL.  So how many tall fast tes have 11tds?  Your inability to give Ballard credit is so obvious.   Luckily your opinion means zero. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's "amazing".  How many have a great QB?  Or a great HC who schemes him wide open on about 50% of his receptions.

Edit:  What's so confusing about that?

You love Grigson - it's obvious and will give Ballard no credit and some of your Posts make 0 sense, so what you say is confusing alot of the times, many see it, if you don't please continue then LOL. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You said there are tons of guys capable.   Quite a few great qbs and great play callers in the NFL.  So how many tall fast tes have 11tds?  Your inability to give Ballard credit is so obvious.   Luckily your opinion means zero. 

I think amazing is a strong word, both for Ebron himself and the signing.  Its why I said Meh.

Most of the TE receiver types get their catches by either being faster than a LB or taller than a safety, and they are usually described as a group as "mismatches".  Getting schemed against the right player at the right time is a big part of that position.

Its not the same thing as a WR who has to beat his athletic peer at CB time and time again to get his numbers. 

Ebron was the 5th pick in the draft, was signed to a deal that recognizes it, and is producing to that level in a scheme that its suited for, unlike Detroit.  I see high price for better talent.   I wouldn't describe it as amazing.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You love Grigson - it's obvious and will give Ballard no credit and some of your Posts make 0 sense, so what you say is confusing alot of the times, many see it, if you don't please continue then LOL. 

You must be one of those guys who always tells me what my opinion is.

Tell me, do I like ham or pepperoni pizza better?

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think amazing is a strong word, both for Ebron himself and the signing.  Its why I said Meh.

Most of the TE receiver types get their catches by either being faster than a LB or taller than a safety, and they are usually described as a group as "mismatches".  Getting schemed against the right player at the right time is a big part of that position.

Its not the same thing as a WR who has to beat his athletic peer at CB time and time again to get his numbers. 

Ebron was the 5th pick in the draft, was signed to a deal that recognizes it, and is producing to that level in a scheme that its suited for, unlike Detroit.  I see high price for better talent.   I wouldn't describe it as amazing.

11 tds in 9 games is amazing by anyone's standards.    Who has more?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no clue and couldn't care less to be honest. You just always seem to Post the most negative things toward Ballard and defend Grigson so it is what it is. Bye.

Saying that the word amazing is a strong word is a negative thing towards Ballard?   I thought I was opining about the use of the word, not about Ballard, but you'd know better about what I was thinking than me.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Reich knows how to use him.  Unlike his coaches in Detroit.   Love the signing.   He should have been used more in the second half

Whenever Doyle is healthy this happens. We use him very situationally and I just don’t understand why. Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, RB, and X would be our best personnel group offensively, but how often do we see that?  

I don’t think it’s enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Saying that the word amazing is a strong word is a negative thing towards Ballard?   I thought I was opining about the use of the word, not about Ballard, but you'd know better about what I was thinking than me.

I can read minds :sarcasm:. How's the Pepperoni and Ham pizza from Dominoes, you made me hungry now :thmup:

33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Making the same point again doesn't make it more relevant.

Who has Frank Reich as a HC and Andrew Luck as a QB?

Frank is a first time head coach.   You said it isn't hard to find guys like this.   Certainly you have some other examples.   It is so common according to you

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Frank is a first time head coach.   You said it isn't hard to find guys like this.   Certainly you have some other examples.   It is so common according to you

What are you talking about?  Big receivers who score 11 tds in 9 games from the TE position?  Is that the narrow criteria you're using? 

I said tall fast guys who can be schemed open and are mismatches compared to the defender.  Yes, its not that rare.

I'm sure both Swoope and Cox would have better numbers if they were in the game more during the same scripted plays.  But they aren't as talented, so Ebron gets the start.

Exactly how much football do you still not understand after over 20,000 posts on this forum?

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What are you talking about?  Big receivers who score 11 tds in 9 games from the TE position?  Is that the narrow criteria you're using? 

I said tall fast guys who can be schemed open and are mismatches compared to the defender.  Yes, its not that rare.

I'm sure both Swoope and Cox would have better numbers if they were in the game more during the same scripted plays.  But they aren't as talented, so Ebron gets the start.

Exactly how much football do you still not understand after over 20,000 posts on this forum?

I'm wondering the same about you,  If you can't see Ebron is having am amazing season.

Who is comparable at a cheap free agent stand point? I mean it's not that rare.   Surely you have someone you could provide

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm wondering the same about you,  If you can't see Ebron is having am amazing season.

Who is comparable at a cheap free agent stand point? I mean it's not that rare.   Surely you have someone you could provide

The tall fast guy who plays with Reich and Luck.  That guy is comparable. 

The guy who plays with Chudzinski, Curtis Painter, or Matthew Stafford.  That guy is not comparable.

Even if you make your point by saying it a different way, its still irrelevant.

I think the key to Ebron’s success has been the fact that we’re not overusing him...  He was getting nicked up a lot early in the season when it was him & Doyle getting the lion’s share of the snaps.  I’m glad we’re using Swoope & Cox as well as Doyle & Ebron.  Keep em all healthy & fresh & making big plays...