Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great game by Ebron

CR91

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

9 catches 105 yards and two tds. Way to step up with so many weapons out. Also great fantasy day for me :D

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in Ebron. He seems to make the spectacular catches, but misses on wide open catches that hit him right in the hands.  Kind of a better version of Dewayne Allen. Hopefully he can improve that.  (Or I'm gonna buy him some stick-um)

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Ebron is an enigma. He doesn't catch but he does at the same time. He's actually been quite the surprising pick up for us. He will drop a wide open one but then make tough catches in the end zone.

He dropped a couple in the Philly game but to be fair in the Pats game the only one he dropped was a 3rd and long and he turned his head around too quickly because he was looking to see where he needed to go to try and get a first down.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Savage21 said:

Dude looked like the best TE in the NFL tonight.

Not dropping so many balls he didn't. There was a beast across the field on the opposing team who is clearly a better TE. Kelce is also a better player.

He did good, on a shaky receiving day by the Colts ball catchers, he did fine (probably the best of the shaky lot) and put up numbers. The Pats couldn't handle the mismatches he created.

Ebron is basically Fleener 2.0.... Lots of big play potential, subpar blocking, infuriating drops, spectacular catches. He's the BIG NAME on the team right now, he's going to get held to a higher standard than guys like Chester and Pascal and even Swoope (who's amazingly doing everything you want from him and hasn't shown himself to be inferior to Ebron). 

17 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Not dropping so many balls he didn't. There was a beast across the field on the opposing team who is clearly a better TE. Kelce is also a better player.

He did good, on a shaky receiving day by the Colts ball catchers, he did fine (probably the best of the shaky lot) and put up numbers. The Pats couldn't handle the mismatches he created.

Ebron is basically Fleener 2.0.... Lots of big play potential, subpar blocking, infuriating drops, spectacular catches. He's the BIG NAME on the team right now, he's going to get held to a higher standard than guys like Chester and Pascal and even Swoope (who's amazingly doing everything you want from him and hasn't shown himself to be inferior to Ebron). 

I have a feeling Ebron will be better than Fleener. I sense Ebron showing up for more games to make catches so far, does not look timid and we know what he brings to the table. The problem with Fleener is we tried to use him as a TE he was not, on the blocking side. This coaching staff uses Ebron for what he is, moving him around the field for mismatches, using him for red zone looks etc.

Fleener was not utilized nearly as well as Ebron has been used so far. But then, Sean Payton gave Fleener another chance, and that still did not work out. At least Ebron seems to be in the right place more often. I have a better outlook on Ebron over what I had for Fleener. 

Wins cure everything. Gronk will have a drop or two, Kelce will have a drop or two but when their team wins, thanks to better all round play, everything is hunky dory. Same with Jimmy Graham as a catching TE, which is the closest to what Ebron is. Ebron was not brought in to be the savior for the TE position, he was brought in to produce in his role, that is it, and I think the positives outweigh the negatives at this point.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I have a feeling Ebron will be better than Fleener. I sense Ebron showing up for more games to make catches so far, does not look timid and we know what he brings to the table. The problem with Fleener is we tried to use him as a TE he was not, on the blocking side. This coaching staff uses Ebron for what he is, moving him around the field for mismatches, using him for red zone looks etc.

Fleener was not utilized nearly as well as Ebron has been used so far. But then, Sean Payton gave Fleener another chance, and that still did not work out. At least Ebron seems to be in the right place more often. I have a better outlook on Ebron over what I had for Fleener. 

Wins cure everything. Gronk will have a drop or two, Kelce will have a drop or two but when their team wins, thanks to better all round play, everything is hunky dory. Same with Jimmy Graham as a catching TE, which is the closest to what Ebron is. Ebron was not brought in to be the savior for the TE position, he was brought in to produce in his role, that is it, and I think the positives outweigh the negatives at this point.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives too. I didn't think Fleener was a bust, I thought he produced for the Colts when asked to so comparing Ebron to him isn't a negative comment on my part. I rated Fleener, I thought he did his job while also being a bit annoying. Ebron has been that too.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, will426 said:

Fleener dropped contested balls..wide open..went down with arm tackles from corners and safeties...if you needed 5 for the first he’ll fight his hardest to make sure he got you 2..

Yeah, he had almost a thousand yards in two seasons IIRC. He had a season with over 700yds and 8 TDs. That's decent production for a TE in a TWO TE system. 

I don't love Fleener but this narrative that 'he sucked' is false.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:13 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

Guys... Fleener sucked. Ask Sean Payton and Drew Brees.

Soft, no separation, never once caught a contested ball, played like he was 5'8". None of that describes Ebron.

Yeah, you don't know many Detroit fans do you? They describe him as all of that and more (More = he actively had a hate-hate relationship with that city). Fleener sucked in New Orleans, Ebron sucked in Detroit. Graham has sucked everywhere since he left N.O....is he terrible too?

Fleener was not as bad as you make out. Ebron CAN be better for Indy, I say that because I know he has it in him. He's not shown his best yet!

On 10/8/2018 at 3:24 PM, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, you don't know many Detroit fans do you? They describe him as all of that and more (More = he actively had a hate-hate relationship with that city). Fleener sucked in New Orleans, Ebron sucked in Detroit. Graham has sucked everywhere since he left N.O....is he terrible too?

Fleener was not as bad as you make out. Ebron CAN be better for Indy, I say that because I know he has it in him. He's not shown his best yet!

If Ebron sucked in Detroit than Fleener sucked here. Looked at the stats.

I really don't care what Detroit fans say. They were expecting a top 10 pick talent and never saw that. Ebron was drafted before Odell Beckom, which, understandably, didn't sit well with fans, but that wasn't Ebron's fault. He was also young and immature. He's in his 5th season and is still only 25. Some scrub named Vernon Davis had a similar start to his career.