Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Colts Rankings

MarquisJ

Interesting that replies highlight the negatives rather than the overall positive.....: Andrew isnt getting beat up as much.  This is the offence, get used to it.  Once we have some running Backs (besides rookies) not on suspension or injured,  the running game should improve, opening up more downfield.

I expect more shots downfield once Castanzo is back and the OL is more stable.  Have a little patience.

gotta love that #1 in tackles for loss!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Interesting that replies highlight the negatives rather than the overall positive.....: Andrew isnt getting beat up as much.  This is the offence, get used to it.  Once we have some running Backs (besides rookies) not on suspension or injured,  the running game should improve, opening up more downfield.

I expect more shots downfield once Castanzo is back and the OL is more stable.  Have a little patience.

gotta love that #1 in tackles for loss!

I find it hard to believe that the o line is the only reason Luck isn’t throwing deep.  You can’t even touch the QB now without a flag. 

18 hours ago, #12. said:

We should be 6th in fewest sacks.  Four yards is a long pass.

By and large, the majority of vocal forum member clamored for this type offense, to protect Luck better.  Be careful what you wish for.  I had somewhat predicted this type scenario back then. But I underestimated the amount of desire for the previous regimes 'Chunk Plays' to be retained and used often still (those 5 and 7 step drops and long developing routes folks were adamant against).

I'm sure there are some in the playbook, but maybe they haven't been installed yet.  A whole team has to learn a new playbook.  I'm sure the core, the base, is the shorter stuff and allows a young team to play faster/better knowing it well. We'll need a better run game to help play action passing, and the O line to get/stay healthy and gel together.  Let's watch this play out.

For now I am completely fine with this type of offense.  It is still really early in Luck's return and really early in the new scheme with new coaches.  People just need to calm down and let this develop.  I guess some folks were expecting a Superbowl run this year?  Seriously, if that is the only thing that will make you happy you either need to be a Pats fan or change your team every couple of years.

With a healthy Castanzo this offense stretches to the 10-20 yard zone, which we need. Im ok with only taking some shots, but working heavily the 5-20 yard area with rhythmic passing/formations.

Luck is able to step up quite nicely in the pocket most of the time at least, at least we have that going for the O-Line