Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that some of those people who are saying that are critical of AL do not realize that there is a middle ground

I think both sides are having trouble finding the middle ground personally. It's mostly either "this is what he is now" or "he's only going to get better."

I'm trying to play the wait and see game. However my only thing is that, imo, this was the worst his velocity has looked yet this year. He threw a couple of straight lollipops that were very concerning, again, imo.

13 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

At this rate...I'd be surprised if Luck threw for 300 yards against anybody anytime soon.  He doesn't really seem the same to me.  His timing, zip and arm strength isn't where it needs to be yet.  Defense has been keeping us in the games thus far.

I think Andrew is the least of our problems. 

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think both sides are having trouble finding the middle ground personally. It's mostly either "this is what he is now" or "he's only going to get better."

I'm trying to play the wait and see game. However my only thing is that, imo, this was the worst his velocity has looked yet this year. He threw a couple of straight lollipops that were very concerning, again, imo.

You must discount the weather 

I was a Debbie downer I would be bedridden and if AL was we would be without QN

24 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's too bad that thinking Luck's velocity wasn't/hasn't been great has to be labeled by some as overreaction or "going crazy."

I mean, I consider myself a pretty level headed fan, and I thought it was really apparent that his velocity wasn't there. End of the world? No. Troublesome? Sure, especially when we're basically last in the league in YPA. That's not a sustainable winning offense.

No kidding. That last drive was as obvious as it gets that he's not all the way there.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

At this rate...I'd be surprised if Luck threw for 300 yards against anybody anytime soon.  He doesn't really seem the same to me.  His timing, zip and arm strength isn't where it needs to be yet.  Defense has been keeping us in the games thus far.

Luck will throw for 300 yards again soon and no, you wont be surprised.

I thought he was OK under a lot of pass rush pressure. Our offense is much more 'careful' than it used to be.

We're throwing short passes where 'zip' isn't obvious. We were throwing short passes today because our tackles were out...

Our defenee was overwhelmed by the Bengals in the second half.  I can only say what I saw.

And today...The Eagles drive 11 minute on us to win it...That was hard to watch.

But it didn't mean we had a sub par defensive performance or that Andrew was ub par because he didnt riddled the Eagles defense.

….I was encouraged by today...and Andrew was mistake free and he certainly moved us late.  He was OK.

Its okay that there is no one to blame that we lost.

10 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

He made it? It was his fault? Interesting.

Yeah the QB position has a big impact on the game, and his play made it hard to watch the offense. 

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that some of those people who are saying that are critical of AL do not realize that there is a middle ground

Were you not around for the George era?

Nope. Lol earliest memories were Jim Harbaugh. 

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

:thmup:

Thanks for making my point

You implied we have the same offense as the eagles said we don’t need luck to be Superman in this offense. Then I gave a contradicting example of how the eagles needed foles to be Superman in the SB, but somehow that makes your point??? Please explain.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't know what to tell you. I guess we agree to disagree, I think Luck's arm strength clearly isn't there.

All I can tell is that since nothing we can do everyone needs to chill out since this banter is a pointless as trying to dig to China

I know I have better things to do 

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not really,   if you're playing attention

Luck looked healthier in week one than he did today.  Noticeable difference in arm strength after 3 weeks of play.  Today was cause for concern for some of us based on what we saw from him.  The longer the season plays out the more stress and strain on that shoulder.  It will be tested fully as the season wears on.  Hopefully, he is still good and can hold up...time will tell.

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I saw the opposite...The next-to-last drive (to the 4-yard-line) was excellent.

I didn't want him throwing the 70-yard HailMary

Talking about his arm. 2014 Luck doesn't check down multiple times and then leave the game so another QB can throw a hail mary. That last drive looked like a team that was down multiple scores playing out the string in garbage time...when in reality the team had a chance to win with a TD.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Oh I’m totally blaming someone. The refs decided on the game. 

Calling a defensive player for holding while triple teamed? 

Yep... That’s not biased at all...

:hide: 

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Talking about his arm. 2014 Luck doesn't check down multiple times and then leave the game so another QB can throw a hail mary. That last drive looked like a team that was down multiple scores playing out the string in garbage time...when in reality the team had a chance to win with a TD.

Not on Luck

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck looked healthier in week one than he did today.  Noticeable difference in arm strength after 3 weeks of play.  Today was cause for concern for some of us based on what we saw from him.  The longer the season plays out the more stress and strain on that shoulder.  It will be tested fully as the season wears on.  Hopefully, he is still good and can hold up...time will tell.

No he really didn't.   He made some nice throws today.   He also made some bad ones.   His arm strength isn't the issue.   He is still learning his teammates.   He had under throws,  he had over throws.   He also had some nice throws.   It's 3 games back from 2 years off and has a bunch of new teammates

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No he really didn't.   He made some nice throws today.   He also made some bad ones.   His arm strength isn't the issue.   He is still learning his teammates.   He had under throws,  he had over throws.   He also had some nice throws.   It's 3 games back from 2 years off and has a bunch of new teammates

Luck was floating some balls out there today.  There were a couple of passes that we were fortunate weren't pick off.  Also some wobbly ducks today.  He was hesitant to test the Eagles deep on the outside...where Tampa Bay exploited them last week.  Our deepest play came courtesy of a P.I. perpetrated on T.Y.  And since when do we need to take Luck out for a Hail Mary throw from that spot?  I don't care what Reich and Luck are saying in the Pressers for the media.  A fully healthy Luck doesn't and shouldn't come out in that situation with the game still on the line. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Luck was floating some balls out there today.  There were a couple of passes that we were fortunate weren't pick off.  Also some wobbly ducks today.  He was hesitant to test the Eagles deep on the outside...where Tampa Bay exploited them last week.  Our deepest play came courtesy of a P.I. perpetrated on T.Y.  And since when do we need to take Luck out for a Hail Mary throw from that spot?  I don't care what Reich and Luck are saying in the Pressers for the media.  A fully healthy Luck doesn't and shouldn't come out in that situation with the game still on the line. 

Why put luck in a situation with two backup tackles to make a 70 yard throw? What if he gets hammered and is hurt?   Plus JB has the bigger arm.  No reason to not have him throw it.   I think the coaches are worried about his protection.   

42 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think he needs to take a rest day during the week and not throw as much.  This was game 3 of 16 and he's gotten a bit worse each week.  Those balls he was under throwing were not on purpose.  

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why put luck in a situation with two backup tackles to make a 70 yard throw? What if he gets hammered and is hurt?   Plus JB has the bigger arm.  No reason to not have him throw it.   I think the coaches are worried about his protection.   

It was more along the lines of 60 yards.  I want my best player in there trying to win the game for us at the end.  But that's me.  Also since when does JB now have the bigger arm than Luck?  Since Luck hurt his shoulder?  He was billed up to be the next Elway coming out of college.  With those kind of comparison's I'd expect Luck's arm to be pretty darn big.

Just now, deedub75 said:

I think he needs to take a rest day during the week and not throw as much.  This was game 3 of 16 and he's gotten a bit worse each week.  Those balls he was under throwing were not on purpose.  

Agreed.

41 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I guess so.

I can name 5 threads that are not based on a debate and 15+ posters who are not here to debate

EXAMPLE:

@TKnight24 and his update threads are not debates

My Indiana History Thread was/is not a debate

@Nadine et al

Forgive me for the derailment 

35 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I can name 5 threads that are not based on a debate and 15+ posters who are not here to debate

EXAMPLE:

@TKnight24 and his update threads are not debates

My Indiana History Thread was/is not a debate

@Nadine et al

Forgive me for the derailment 

Okay, I don't really see where this is going.

35 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He doesn't come out if his arm is fine. I can't believe this is even a debate.

And before the hail mary, he didn't go downfield one time on that last series...in a situation that absolutely called for it. 

Seems like people are taking it as a criticism of Luck and defending him. But it's just an observation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

He doesn't come out if his arm is fine. I can't believe this is even a debate.

And before the hail mary, he didn't go downfield one time on that last series...in a situation that absolutely called for it. 

Seems like people are taking it as a criticism of Luck and defending him. But it's just an observation.

Exactly.  Too sensitive about him.

31 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It was more along the lines of 60 yards.  I want my best player in there trying to win the game for us at the end.  But that's me.  Also since when does JB now have the bigger arm than Luck?  Since Luck hurt his shoulder?  He was billed up to be the next Elway coming out of college.  With those kind of comparison's I'd expect Luck's arm to be pretty darn big.

Agreed.

No. JB has always had the bigger arm.   It doesn't mean he is the better qb

• Like 1