Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would pump the brakes on that prediction.   

Yep...seems to have happen every season that people think they are done.

They are getting Edelman back...and adding Josh Gordon. The offense will start clicking, the OL will inexplicably work (regardless of the personnel) and their defense will start playing well. 

I definitely wouldn't count them out...especially in that division.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree with that.   However I've seen them start slow before.    I hope they never win a game again.   I'm just saying

Yeah I hear you. This feels different though.  I said after last year’s Super zBowl that the Pats dynasty died that night. I didn’t pick them to go back this season.  Based on what Im seeing Pats fans should be worried. They have no legit receivers outside of Gronk.  I love how Detroit defended him tonight.  Gave him that special teams double down treatment.  The Pats know they have a problem which is why they traded for Gordon.  But that is a ship waiting to sink.  That man has an addiction and the Pats are reeking of desperation at this point.  They will make the playoffs because the AFC East sucks but I don’t see them back in the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Who was that QB who threw it through the uprights while on his knees from the 60 yard line just before the draft?

Ya, can't remember his name either....

I think that was big ole Jamarcus with Oakland.

8 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Yeah something is wrong with his arm I hope it was just the rain but idk

I think you're on to something there.  It didn't seem to bother him vs. Cincy or Washington in dry conditions.  I HAVE to think that had something to do with it.

8 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Luck was 25/40 for 164 and 1 TD. He threw for a career low 4.1 ypa and I believe his lowest yards passing in his career. Last week's passing total was his fifth lowest yards passing. In the last two games, twice he has been among the worst he's ever played.

There is something wrong.

Either his shoulder in not where it needs to be and the coaches have designed an offense around his limitations, or the coaches have taken a once prolific passer and have asked him to become Charlie-Check down. Either way, there is something wrong.

This^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 18to87 said:

The whole thing is a work in progress. Everyone wanted him to take care of his body by playing smart and releasing the ball. Today was without Doyle, Mack and Constanzo, and vs the Superbowl champs in the rain. Relax. If he stinks vs Houston then we can worry. 

I have no need to relax...

I didn’t post because we lost or because Luck didn’t throw the Hail Mary.

I’m seriously concerned because Luck doesn’t look right to me.   At all.   Most everything looks off to me.

Remember a few weeks ago when someone posted that Luck's arm looks better than ever.   I think I was one of the few to dissent.

I’m not just concerned about his arm.   I’m concerned about what he’s thinking.   What he thinks he sees.  How he is processing information.   How he reacts.   And of course,  his arm,  which looked so much worse week 3 than it did in week one.  

I don’t see how this gets spun into something positive?   I’m looking forward to this week.   But I’m hoping to see a much improved version of Andrew Luck...

• Like 1

I'm not overly concerned with Luck and his arm strength. He advised in pre season it will get stronger as regular season goes on. There were throws during the game which did have velocity on them, notably the end zone throw intended for ebron which was a laser.

I'm more concerned about his all round play. Doesn't seem to be comfortable out there and appears nervous. Almost like he doesn't trust himself and so is using that check down every time. We will see i guess..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GusFring said:

After watching thi, it looks more like conservative playcalling is the issue. 

Luck's arm looks fine to me.  On the poor throws, it looked like he was trying to get the ball out too quickly because of the pass rush.  If we were playing with Chud's offense, he would have been sacked about 10 times, IMO.

He looked rushed.  A split second too quick.  He's still getting comfortable with the offense, which, IIRC, is totally different than any offense he's ever played in, going back to Stanford.

And having only one playmaker on the field that he's played with before makes it that much tougher.

And, he's had precision issues at times during his pro career anyway.  Hopefully, hammering him with short pass routes over and over helps him improve his accuracy

• Like 1

My initial knee jerk reaction during/watching the game was that Luck is having an off day or maybe his shoulder is giving him a bit of an issue. Anyone watching could tell that the ball had barely any zip on it. No power causing a few under thrown passes. Maybe the rain had some effect on that too, not sure? But to those talking about Luck telegraphing his throws. This isn't new. You can find a few times during a game for the past few seasons where he's staring down his receiver the whole time. I don't want to be that guy who talks about the refs, but there was some sketchy calls from the refs. Also, a couple dropped passes in the end zone. Tough catches but doable. 

Say what you want. But people who are concerned have every reason to be.

Currently, Andrew Luck is in next to last place for YPA at 5.3. (Thank god for Sam Bradford). Behind such great QB’s like Blaine Gabbert, Tyrod Taylor, San Darnold, and Josh Allen. 

Currently sits 22nd in efficiency. I guess it’s good our young D is rapidly developing since our QB today is a game manager incapable of winning a

game for us at the moment.

Question is will he be able to win games again on talent by Dec? That’s what the Colts brass has to determine between now and the end of the season.

But holy cow they cut bait on Peyton Manning the minute they feared he was incapable of recovering. Luck is getting a lot of benefit of the doubt here. 

I was only able to actually watch a few plays from the game yesterday. After watching that video of Andrew’s throws posted by @GusFring, I am really not worried about Luck’s health or ability. 

It looks like a conservative game plan going up against a very good defense in the rain. Chester should have had a TD. Ebron should have had a TD. Frustrating, but not nearly the cosmic implosion vibe I’ve been getting on here.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no need to relax...

I didn’t post because we lost or because Luck didn’t throw the Hail Mary.

I’m seriously concerned because Luck doesn’t look right to me.   At all.   Most everything looks off to me.

Remember a few weeks ago when someone posted that Luck's arm looks better than ever.   I think I was one of the few to dissent.

I’m not just concerned about his arm.   I’m concerned about what he’s thinking.   What he thinks he sees.  How he is processing information.   How he reacts.   And of course,  his arm,  which looked so much worse week 3 than it did in week one.  

I don’t see how this gets spun into something positive?   I’m looking forward to this week.   But I’m hoping to see a much improved version of Andrew Luck...

I am not sure that Luck is to blame for much of the offensive woes. I think the team philosophy is to take a lot of pressure off of him. The coaches are designing a game plan that has ball control as an important element, there's not much of a run game so Luck is doing a lot of short stuff. The offense didn't close in the red zone but I really think that was some off receiver play and some really conservative play calling. I think Reich and co really wanted to win the turnover game. If this offense gets a run game I really think this game plan comes alive. I'm really surprised at how people aren't more stoked that we hung well with the defending champs on their turf. Philly's D is for real. Our tackle situation is weak but we manged to keep Andrew upright for a decent part of the game. I don't see the negativity on the offense I see it as work in progress. I think Luck is in good hands. The team is playing him safe they are not asking him to cover for team deficiencies anymore.

The comments on his arm, well it may be the man hasn't used it this much in years. There's a chance he's seeing some fatigue. You may be on to something there. I think the big test will be the game against NE. It will be a short week and his recovery time will be limited.

All in all I'm impressed. I think the offense will come alive soon.  We need Costanzo. Mack might be of help too. No Jack Doyel might be bigger than we thought.

Lastly that was a tough environment, loud, and rainy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Yep

Brady throws for only 133 yards

Bortles and Mariota combine for only 255 yards

And R. Wilson throws only 192 yards

Really people....

Seeing Brady throw for under 150 yards really helped me step back from the ledge.  Guess Luck wasn't the only one...  Luck was late and short on the seam route to Ebron in the red zone...  That play alone puts us in a position where a field goal would have been all we needed at the end.

I also noticed on that play that Grant was also wide open for a touchdown.  So maybe the redzone play calling wasn't completely terrible but our execution was?  Also Rogers has to catch that deep cross for a touchdown as well.  Getting only 3 points on those drives is ultimately what cost us this game.  We won the turnover battle but didn't take advantage.

All in all, we fought hard.  For such a young team, we are fighting and giving ourselves chances every week.  Just need to improve our red zone execution.  I really would have liked to have seen Swoope get more red zone targets yesterday.  Maybe even some back shoulder throws to him. 

And that video of Luck's throws shows that he is consciously making the effort to throw the ball on time.  When he reaches the top of his drop back, the ball is coming out immediately.  Eagles D may have just been a bad matchup for us.  Their tackling was sound and that front is not one to start experimenting with.

We get the Houston front next.  Another stout test, but I expect us to execute better and get the win.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

The worst call was not challenging the receiver stepping out of bounds.  

From what I read that apparently has something to do with Fox not showing the replay immediately. That’s what the coaches see from the sideline, & base their challenges on, but that replay wasn’t shown until after the next play. Plus, the referee was standing right there, he’s the one getting paid to make that call.

Right now, Luck is getting off to the same slow starts in the first quarter as 2016, except he's playing much worse later in the games than 2016. He's obviously injured, and it's possible he will never get back to 100%. I believe we missed the boat on any sort of trade value for him. It's sink or swim with him. This is one of those situations where I'm highly upset I have to leave the decision making to someone else. I thrive on the control. I want to be in charge. I want to lead the team. Such a helpless feeling seeing Luck perform like a undrafted QB. I'm giving it one more game before passing judgment, but I feel we made a huge mistake keeping Luck. Watching him underperform is torturous at this point and it hurts my heart seeing him fail as a Colts fan.