Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is wrong with luck.....

needanoline63

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL enjoy, this place is really disappointing after a loss. We lost by 4 points against the SB Champs. Yeah ok. 

Folks think they prove how much of a fan they are by blaming someone

When you're citng yards per attempt...you're Skip Bayless

Sometimes teams lose because the other team is better.   I was proud of the way we played on both sides of the ball

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

I said it before the game. Teams don’t win very often when you have sub par YPA

Use yards per completion...  Sider man.....yards per attempt is a weak stat because good QBs often throw the ball away intentionally, unavoidably lowering their YPA

Edited by oldunclemark

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

No I didn't.  I'm laughing at you all doing back flips to avoid criticizing Luck.  I'm willing to concede your points today and see how he looks next week under favorable home conditions. 

Thank you 

That would be the 1st Back Flip I have done in my life

You are right since Criticisms are a no no in TigerTown 

• Haha 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL enjoy, this place is really disappointing after a loss. We lost by 4 points against the SB Champs. Yeah ok. 

This - x10000000!!!!

I’vebeen a member here a while, colts fan even longer. In short yes, after a loss this place becomes miserable, logic goes out the window, and the trolls are a plenty. I saw a team that made mistakes (still growing) and almost pulled away a victory. It’s interesting. We won last week, only a few threads. We LOSE this week and there are so many negative threads. I can’t keep up. 

Disappointing as I love coming here for great discussions and info. Today ain’t it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Folks think they prove how much of a fan they are by blaming someone

When you're citng yards per attempt...you're Skip Bayless

Sometimes teams lose because the other team is better.   I was proud of the way we played on both sides of the ball

Continue to think that isn’t a big deal. I know for a fact teams below 6 don’t win football games often.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Todays answer is that we played the NFL champs on the road.

We played OK on offense and defense....we made n turnovers and could have won on the final play ..

..They are better than we are.

On to Houston.

2017 was 2017.  We didn't play that Eagles team.  We beat the 2018 Eagles who were missing Ajayi and Sproles the Colts killa and featured a Wentz just returning from injury.  They may indeed have still been better than the Colts but let's not act like we just went toe to toe with a full strength Philly team fresh off their Super Bowl title.

Also we played well on defense but not that great offensively.  At least we didn't turn the ball over today though.  I did like that.

8 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

I said it before the game. Teams don’t win very often when you have sub par YPA

So Lets cut Luck and put anyone in, is that your answer? We could've won at the end had it fallin right. We lost by 4 points because Philly got 1 lucky stop and had the REFS in their back pocket. Congrats you are right. When we kick the crap out of Houston next week lets discuss more. I will be here. By the way how did Jacks do today? Bortles was awesome wasn't he? Houston is also 0-3. Lets see how next week goes before the Colts get Trolled. 

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

This - x10000000!!!!

I’vebeen a member here a while, colts fan even longer. In short yes, after a loss this place becomes miserable, logic goes out the window, and the trolls are a plenty. I saw a team that made mistakes (still growing) and almost pulled away a victory. It’s interesting. We won last week, only a few threads. We LOSE this week and there are so many negative threads. I can’t keep up. 

Disappointing as I love coming here for great discussions and info. Today ain’t it 

Great statement by you and @2006Coltsbestever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Lets cut Luck and put anyone in, is that your answer? We could've won at the end had it fallin right. We lost by 4 points because Philly got 1 lucky stop and had the REFS in their back pocket. Congrats you are right. When we kick the crap out of Houston next week lets discuss more. I will be here. By the way how did Jacks do today? Bortles was awesome wasn't he? Houston is also 0-3. Lets see how next week goes before the Colts Trolled. 

I said it before the season luck has a lot to do with Ws and Ls

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

This - x10000000!!!!

Yeah very disappointing, people lose their mind. We are fine. Today we gave a great effort. We will beat Houston next week.

• Like 1

Yeah very disappointing, people lose their mind. We are fine. Today we gave a great effort. We will beat Houston next week.

I think so too. I had a feeling we would beat the eagles today. Didn’t think we had to beat the refs too. I mean.... holding on a DE when he is getting triple teamed? That in essence killed our chances and ended the game. 3-0 could very much be a reality right now.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So Lets cut Luck and put anyone in, is that your answer? We could've won at the end had it fallin right. We lost by 4 points because Philly got 1 lucky stop and had the REFS in their back pocket. Congrats you are right. When we kick the crap out of Houston next week lets discuss more. I will be here. By the way how did Jacks do today? Bortles was awesome wasn't he? Houston is also 0-3. Lets see how next week goes before the Colts get Trolled. 

Bortles was 4.6YPA they lost 

• Like 1

Just now, adubb84 said:

I think so too. I had a feeling we would beat the eagles today. Didn’t think we had to beat the refs too. I mean.... holding on a DE when he is getting triple teamed? That in essence killed our chances and ended the game. 3-0 could very much be a reality right now.  

We got totally screwed by the REFS, our Defense doesn't deserve that when they play a player like Wentz. We will beat Houston and be back in the Division race, Jacks lost today to Blaine Gabbert LOL. We are ok. 2-2 after next week.

• Like 1

We got totally screwed by the REFS, our Defense doesn't deserve that when they play a player like Wentz. We will beat Houston and be back in the Division race, Jacks lost today to Blaine Gabbert LOL. We are ok. 2-2 after next week.

Exactly. My kids were looking at me crazy when I lost my mind on some of those calls lol. I think 2-2 is on the table. Maybe even 3-2 after the patriots??.... They look beatable this year. I’ll stop. Don’t want to get to far ahead of myself haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Exactly. My kids were looking at me crazy when I lost my mind on some of those calls lol. I think 2-2 is on the table. Maybe even 3-2 after the patriots??.... They look beatable this year. I’ll stop. Don’t want to get to far ahead of myself haha

I am with you brother. We are fine, we will beat Houston, then we can see what happens at NE. Once we get to 2-2 it's all good and we will. 

19 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

2017 was 2017.  We didn't play that Eagles team.  We beat the 2018 Eagles who were missing Ajayi and Sproles the Colts killa and featured a Wentz just returning from injury.  They may indeed have still been better than the Colts but let's not act like we just went toe to toe with a full strength Philly team fresh off their Super Bowl title.

Also we played well on defense but not that great offensively.  At least we didn't turn the ball over today though.  I did like that.

The 2018 Eagles have much the same defense as the 2017 Eagles..

Lets not act like we were playing Arizona.

..and we didnt have either starting offensive tackle

We were OK on both sides of the ball.....we played hard..we had a chance to win.

No one was sub par today..It was a great effort. No turnovers and we had a chance on our last play for their 4-yardline.

We were better than expected today by all non-message board accounts

..and Andrew did not play badly...no scapegoats on this one

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

We were OK on both sides of the ball.....we played hard..we had a chance to win.

No one was sub par today..It was a great effort

plenty were sub par today.   Andrew included.   But that's ok.  It's a long season.   Every day can't be a good day

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No one was sub par today..It was a great effort

I remember you saying Luck was going to throw for over 5,000 yards this season.  lol  By your expectations (as unrealistic as they were), you by definition think Luck is having a subpar season thus far because the boy is hardly cracking 200 yards per game.  You know you thought he would be putting up better numbers than this. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

plenty were sub par today.   Andrew included.   But that's ok.  It's a long season.   Every day can't be a good day

I'm factoring in that we played a superior team...and we has some backups in on offense

I don't think 25 of 40 with no turnovers is sub par...for Andrew.

The goal was to keep us in the game and give us a chance to win against a top defense.

he did that.  Of course he should have thrown the ball somewhere on the final play.

But I don't think he saw their DE get past our tackle..I don think failing to win is playing subpar

It wasnt a good day because we lost...but I thought we played better today than we did against Cincinnatti

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I remember you saying Luck was going to throw for over 5,000 yards this season.  lol  By your expectations (as unrealistic as they were), you by definition think Luck is having a subpar season thus far because the boy is hardly cracking 200 yards per game.  You know you thought he would be putting up better numbers than this. 

I think Andrew might throw for 5,000 yards. If the throws for 3,000...and we make the post-season, that's not sub par.....to me.

..and I didn't except 300 yards passing against the Eagles, did you?  Before the game?

No. Then 150 with no turnovers and a chance to win is not sub par...…by your definition

Why are we pretending we played Dallas today?  We played the champs

There does not have to be a fall guy every time we lose...

That's so 'talk radio'

It's too bad that thinking Luck's velocity wasn't/hasn't been great has to be labeled by some as overreaction or "going crazy."

I mean, I consider myself a pretty level headed fan, and I thought it was really apparent that his velocity wasn't there. End of the world? No. Troublesome? Sure, especially when we're basically last in the league in YPA. That's not a sustainable winning offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Andrew might throw for 5,000 yards. If the throws for 3,000...and we make the post-season, that's not sub par.....to me.

..and I didn't except 300 yards passing against the Eagles, did you?  Before the game?

No. Then 150 with no turnovers and a chance to win is not sub par...…by your definition

Why are we pretending we played Dallas today?  We played the champs

There does not have to be a fall guy every time we lose...

That's so 'talk radio'

At this rate...I'd be surprised if Luck threw for 300 yards against anybody anytime soon.  He doesn't really seem the same to me.  His timing, zip and arm strength isn't where it needs to be yet.  Defense has been keeping us in the games thus far.

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's too bad that thinking Luck's velocity wasn't/hasn't been great has to be labeled by some as overreaction or "going crazy." Especially when the people criticizing those viewpoints are the same people blaming the officials for the loss.

The problem is that some of those people who are saying that are critical of AL do not realize that there is a middle ground

3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Because he only won 4 ganes and made watching Coltsfootball an absolute pain. 

He sucks. 

Were you not around for the George era?

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes and No

This O doesn’t require Luck to be Superman

Remember this O won the SB with a retread Backup QB

First off, this doesn’t look anything like the eagles Offense. And second, that “retread backup QB” threw 400 yards and had 4 TDs. Had he not they would’ve lost. 

I can't believe Colts fans are whining already, we are 1-2 and a game out of first place. I suppose you would like to have Chuck back at the helm. Helm no!!! Give Ballard and Reich a chance and I'm sure Luck will be fine. We are building a winner not a Monster!! (remember that turd of a quote)? Let us see where we are mid season before you lose your minds, please.

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

At this rate...I'd be surprised if Luck threw for 300 yards against anybody anytime soon.  He doesn't really seem the same to me.  His timing, zip and arm strength isn't where it needs to be yet.  Defense has been keeping us in the games thus far.

He threw for 300 in the first game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well, he’s 2 games removed from throwing for 300 yards vs the Bengals, so I’ll take the cup half full there.