Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy Peyton Memories

shakedownstreet

His Super Bowl Win

Monday Night Miracle (vs Bucs)

2007 AFC Championships vs Patriots

Manning's first game in the NFL and it was vs Dan Marino

Manning's Record Breaking Touchdown in 2004

Those are just a few of his greatest moments. One of the greatest of all time.

- Peyton yelling at Saturday to pass block, then realizing he had a mic on him for the game.

- Peyton yelling at Wayne about a route early in Reggie's career and Wayne freaked out on Peyton. Peyton's demeanor changed quickly like " hey chill out man,no big deal, just wanted to point it out to you"

Lol

My favorite Manning memory was not on the football Field. My junior and senior years of high school I worked as a valet at a well know steakhouse in downtown Indy (shrimp cocktail). Me and another guy always worked on Sunday evenings. Peyton came in on Sundays quite frequently. He got to know me and my coworker by name and would often chat with us for 2-3 minutes in front of the building. One Sunday he mentioned Eli who was still in high school at the time. Peyton told us to watch out for Eli because he would eventually be a better QB than Peyton himself (hasn't happened yet IMO). My coworker had brought a football to work a few Sundays later just in case Peyton was willing to sign it for him (we dealt with a lot of celebs so never really got star-struck). It so happened that the same Sunday he brought the ball, Peyton, Archie, and a high school Eli came to have dinner after a game. Each of them signed the football for my coworker.

Peyton was always a pleasure to talk to and park. Always drove a dealership loaned Chevy Tahoe at the time. I always appreciated Peyton for his kindness an ability to just be a normal guy. I am really going to miss him in the Horseshoe and will pull for him wherever he goes.

Anytime he steamed Beli and Brady up is good for me!LOL.Hafta love anytime you come back and beat the Pats,especially in playoffs.

Watching him after the SB win was pretty good too.

Commercials were excellent too,he never really took himself TOO seriously.

And of course his community work with all the kids stuff.

My favorite memories:

The Monday Night Football Buccaneers game. 21 points down, and came back in the fourth quarter.

4th and 2, then the drive afterwards to beat the Patriots a couple years ago.

The 2nd half comeback against the Patriots in 2007 AFCCG.

Peyton holding up the Lombardi Trophy in the Super Bowl.

Heck, his first ever TD, a long throw to Marvin Harrison in the 1998 pre-season.

Peyton is the best ever.

Peyton hoisting up the Lombardi in the Miami rain.

The 06 AFC Championship comeback win against the hated Patriots.

Peyton's silent prayer before Brady's last drive of the 06 AFC Championship game.

4th and 2

The Monday Night Miracle

"The Helicopter" game against the Texans

The Record Breaker to Stokely against San Diego

The Tripletts--P-money & those young Colts killing teams with the play action to Edge then the deep bomb to Marvin Harrison

Watching Peyton Manning's audible frenzy at the line of scrimmage like a composer directing an orchestra.

Ahhh...vintage 18 baby! So many awesome memories...

My favorite Manning memory was not on the football Field. My junior and senior years of high school I worked as a valet at a well know steakhouse in downtown Indy (shrimp cocktail). Me and another guy always worked on Sunday evenings. Peyton came in on Sundays quite frequently. He got to know me and my coworker by name and would often chat with us for 2-3 minutes in front of the building. One Sunday he mentioned Eli who was still in high school at the time. Peyton told us to watch out for Eli because he would eventually be a better QB than Peyton himself (hasn't happened yet IMO). My coworker had brought a football to work a few Sundays later just in case Peyton was willing to sign it for him (we dealt with a lot of celebs so never really got star-struck). It so happened that the same Sunday he brought the ball, Peyton, Archie, and a high school Eli came to have dinner after a game. Each of them signed the football for my coworker.

Peyton was always a pleasure to talk to and park. Always drove a dealership loaned Chevy Tahoe at the time. I always appreciated Peyton for his kindness an ability to just be a normal guy. I am really going to miss him in the Horseshoe and will pull for him wherever he goes.

that's fantastic! thanks for sharing :lombardi:

Colts were trying to run the clock down with 2:30 left in a close game. Colts rush to the line and Manning starts audiblizing, freezing the opposing coach from calling a timeout thinking a play's going to be run. PM does this all the way to the 2 min warning. The look on that coach's face was priceless.

I'll miss his charactor the most. Alot of what he did great during a game had little to do with his arm, but more his head

Monday Night Miracle will always be my favorite memory. I got to be one of the few who seen it.

Super Bowl XLI is a close second.

Yes, that is when I learned that no matter how far behind, never turn off a Colts game until the last second ticks off the clock :(

The AFC Championship Game - I think I will pull out the DVD and watch it tonight with a tear of nostalgia on my cheek.

My Third was before Peyton - The Monday Night Holloween Game - Goul LIne To Goul Line!! What a beat down LOL.

Many many moments, but my favorite has to be the AFC Championship game win. Another incredible comeback, and then years of criticism and doubt washed away in the course of one beautiful touchdown drive. Started tearing up with the touchdown. Lost it with Marlins interception.

Crying with joy back then, crying with sadness today. It's just football, right, but when I think about it, Peyton has provided me with about as much pleasure in my life as a public figure conceivably could. We all just lost something special.

Obviously the 2006 AFCCG against the patriots and eventual Super Bowl were two of the biggest memories, but one game that will always stand out to me is the Monday night game against Tampa Bay. I remember sitting there watching it with my dad when most had turned their tv's off. Hey, it was 35-14 at one point...

I'm still watching the NFL channel relishing great memories. It's hard but I'm keeping positive while many people seem to not be keeping things positive. A word for everyone, cherish the memories and think about how fortunate we were to have Manning as a Colt. It easily could've been Ryan Leaf. Cherish it, relish it. There are also worse things going on in Indiana right now with the devastation in the southern Indy with the tornadoes. Words spoke from a Hoosier. Also on another note, go IU tomorrow beat Penn St baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire Super Bowl run in the 2006-2007 season.

Monday Night Miracle.

Peyton beats the Dolphins in about 14 minutes.

Every Patriots game except 2008 and 2011.

Having the pleasure to say I witnessed the greatest player to ever hold a football.

Wow... So many, one I remember was winning tickets to the MNF Game against the Rams... We were down early a couple of touchdowns... With Manning behind center it never really worried me... We came back to win it, and Manning to Harrison for All-Time Touchdown Record for QB / WR duo... What a night.

One of mine is that playoff game I was at against the Broncos when we stomped them. You know....that game where Marvin caught that pass and went down and nobody from the Broncos touched him so he got up and ran it in. I think Peyton set a playoff passing yardage record that game with about 457 or something.

In 2005 I lost everything in Hurricane Katrina. Some of you great Indy fans got together and asked Mr.Irsay to do something nice for me. The Colts flew my daughter and me to Indy, wined and dined us, and I threw out the ball at the Nov. 2005 MNF game against the Steelers, which the Colts won. That was the one where Peyton threw the 80 yard bomb to Harrison on the first play. I had requested to meet Peyton and he agreed. He signed my 18 jersey, and my daughter got pictures of me with him. He chatted with us and was so gracious. I could not think of much to say, I greeted him with, "I remember when you were born. You weighed in at 12 plus pounds (big news in New Orleans when Archie's wife had a child.) Peyton laughed and replied, "That's right!"

That's my picture with the great one in my avatar.

I still tell everybody I meet about my Indy experience. I love you, the Colts and the people of Indy. You are just wonderful. You deserved having the GOAT as your qb.

In 2005 I lost everything in Hurricane Katrina. Some of you great Indy fans got together and asked Mr.Irsay to do something nice for me. The Colts flew my daughter and me to Indy, wined and dined us, and I threw out the ball at the Nov. 2005 MNF game against the Steelers, which the Colts won. That was the one where Peyton threw the 80 yard bomb to Harrison on the first play. I had requested to meet Peyton and he agreed. He signed my 18 jersey, and my daughter got pictures of me with him. He chatted with us and was so gracious. I could not think of much to say, I greeted him with, "I remember when you were born. You weighed in at 12 plus pounds (big news in New Orleans when Archie's wife had a child.) Peyton laughed and replied, "That's right!"

That's my picture with the great one in my avatar.

I still tell everybody I meet about my Indy experience. I love you, the Colts and the people of Indy. You are just wonderful. You deserved having the GOAT as your qb.

Classy post. Congrats on your experience!

every 4th quarter comeback, but my favorites are the Houston game when we came back from 18 and the Monday Night Miracle

2007 AFC Championship Game

4th and 2 against the Patriots, BB is still regretting that decision

Super Bowl 41, especially the wide open long bomb to Reggie

2007 AFC Divisional Playoff Game is special to me because I went to that game in Baltimore and I have never seen a more hostile environment, even though he didn't throw a touchdown he beat a very good Ravens defense