Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts elevate CB Pipkins to active roster

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Glad to see Pipkins get on the roster, he's still got some potential and didn't seem to shy away from making tackles in his preseason stint.

And hopefully AC's back. I wonder if he is if they'll have Haeg at RT, because Smith looked pretty sketchy there against the Bengals.

Yes a rookie guard playing rt just sounds like trouble

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Glad to see Pipkins get on the roster, he's still got some potential and didn't seem to shy away from making tackles in his preseason stint.

And hopefully AC's back. I wonder if he is if they'll have Haeg at RT, because Smith looked pretty sketchy there against the Bengals.

Most likely about Haag but if we are really lucky Good will be also be healthy and ready to go.  A long shot but we can only hope.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Most likely about Haag but if we are really lucky Good will be also be healthy and ready to go.  A long shot but we can only hope.  

I bet Good isn’t ready to go for a few more weeks. Just guessing 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Two FA misses on the OL so far.  Both older guys Howard and Webb.  Looks like he didn't want to wait for Webbs hamstring to get better.  Let's hope Slauson holds up until Smith is ready to take over.  According to Reich they are pretty close already.  

Webb could always return after 8 weeks. I think you're allowed 2 IR returns if I'm not mistaken. Tyquan Lewis being the other right now.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Two FA misses on the OL so far.  Both older guys Howard and Webb.  Looks like he didn't want to wait for Webbs hamstring to get better.  Let's hope Slauson holds up until Smith is ready to take over.  According to Reich they are pretty close already.  

Webb wasn’t a miss

• Like 1

I'm also excited about McFadden on the PS. He had amazing production at Florida State and has the size and length Ballard likes at corner. His biggest flaw is his long speed (4.67 40). He was projected as best fit in a zone scheme to help cover up his lack of top end speed, so he may be a pleasant surprise later this season or next.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I'm also excited about McFadden on the PS. He had amazing production at Florida State and has the size and length Ballard likes at corner. His biggest flaw is his long speed (4.67 40). He was projected as best fit in a zone scheme to help cover up his lack of top end speed, so he may be a pleasant surprise later this season or next.

I agree with you here. Zone schemes should help with the lack of speed but he has good size and length and hopefully closing speed. Having a solid safety sit over top with him would be nice. I hope he progresses.

• Like 1