Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals score predictions.

Stephen

15 hours ago, Trueman said:

This is tough , but until I'm convinced we can actually generate a respectable pass-rush , I'm gunna expect teams like Cincy to beat us. 

Dalton is pretty good when he has time , and is disastrous when dealing with pressure. 

Since we're really not that creative in our defensive scheme anymore, it's really about talent vs talent. Do we have enough to disrupt Dalton? I'm not convinced. 

I do think we'll be able to put up some points, though. So I'll say 28-24 Bengals Win. 

I'll about bet our defense is going to be a roller coaster.  We'll give up big plays..but I think we'll have big plays on defense also.  I'm expecting a lot of "Wow, did i just see him do that?!" with our defensive playmakers.  But scheme wise, up front, i think we'll be good in the pass rush. It is that zone pass defense i'm not happy with.  But we'll see.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:42 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

Hope i am dead wrong. But honesty I see Dunlap, Atkins and Lawson eating Luck alive and our D  not stopping anybody. Its gonna take time to gel.

Cannibalism you say...Or just poetic license BC? Let's roll with 24-20 Colts Win.

You don't have a surplus of confidence in the Red Rifle or Beige Water Pistol in massacring us do ya? Because Andy Dalton doesn't really instill fear in me personally.

• Like 1

Ben's Gals 31.... Colts 17...  unfortunately it looks like it is going to be a long season...again.  disappointed no RB or real WR added, youth can only help so much.  God help us if we have any injuries.  But it is football finally and Lucas Oil is a great place to go on a Sunday afternoon.

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Cannibalism you say...Or just poetic license BC? Let's roll with 24-20 Colts Win.

You don't have a surplus of confidence in the Red Rifle or Beige Water Pistol in massacring us do ya? Because Andy Dalton doesn't really instill fear in me personally.

We've made Bortles look like Brady in the past so every QB scares me against this Colts defense.

• Like 1

It’s funny - we are favored by 3 points, but the eleven predictions by experts I saw online all picked the Bengals to win.  I tend to believe odds more than experts, since they spring from people actually risking their almighty $ (rather than people worrying about defending their picks or covering their arses).  I think we’ll win, and here’s where everyone is going wrong IMHO:

1) People are so stuck on the lack of depth in the WR corps, that they fail to identify that the quartet of Hilton, Ebron, Doyle, and Rogers is a fantastic set of receivers.  Heck, throw in Swoope.

2) Same on the OL.  No backup LT?  Who cares?  AC is very good and back at 100%.  RG was disappointing?  Well, it’ll be fine with Slauson.  And RT - the crap we saw in preseason was largely with Howard and Webb.  How is that relevant now?  I think it’ll be Smith, and he should help the run game (and we’ll see about pass pro).

3) Everyone has forgot how good Luck is.

4) The D is billed as bad.  But it has talent across the board.  Young talent is prone to mistakes, but also splash plays.  If those splash plays lead to turn-overs, we can have games that the D actually wins for us.  I think we really won’t know what to expect from the D on a weekly basis, but calling it just bad is lazy and inaccurate.

5) The bengals really aren’t that good, and Dalton has become the definition of a marginal QB.  (He’s supposed to be the NFL version of the Mendoza line...)

• Like 1

We're at home, which will help.  I expect some rustiness from Luck in the first half, but we hang in and trail at the half 14-10.  In the 3rd quarter our halftime adjustments turn things in our favor and we win the game 27-20.  Defense give up just 2FGs in the second half and we start controlling the ball and put up 17 in the second half and hold our lead.

Different team, different coaching staff and strategy, and we have #12 back to lead us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We've made Bortles look like Brady in the past so every QB scares me against this Colts defense.

Every opposing QB we face this year scares you? Really? Look, we all know that Luck will be rusty & no one really knows how fluid or stalled our offense will appear out of the gate.

We tend to play well against Cincy usually. I know the Bengals defense is solid, but why concede defeat before the ball has even kicked off? Some level of reservation is okay, but not waving the white flag this early BC.

It got worse today, as Sporting News’ eight (or so) experts all picked the Bengals (but the computer model and the coin flip picked the Colts).  Same experts unanimously picked Colts for last in AFC South.  However, BR actually picked the Colts in Week 1, giving the 3 points to CIN.  Final tally from what I read is something like 19 experts pick CIN and one picks IND!  I suspect we’ll be reading about the “suprising Colts” or “disappointing Bengals” come Monday, rather than how they were wrong...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Every opposing QB we face this year scares you? Really? Look, we all know that Luck will be rusty & no one really knows how fluid or stalled our offense will appear out of the gate.

We tend to play well against Cincy usually. I know the Bengals defense is solid, but why concede defeat before the ball has even kicked off? Some level of reservation is okay, but not waving the white flag this early BC.

I'm not conceding anything, I thought this was a thread where you post your predictions. That's my honest opinion of the outcome. I don't see the Colts as a good team this year, doesn't mean I'm a bad fan, I'm just always a realist rather than an optimist.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dingus McGirt said:

7-6 Colts.

Wow..... just wow!

This prediction is BOLD! Gotta love the originality...

I'll go Bengals 35, Colts 31. But I HOPE the score is reversed (and NO, not Bengals 53, Colts 13!)

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

Bengals 27 Colts 16  (Bengals 3 TDs and 2 FG; Colts 3 FG and a TD)

Reality hits.

Well I nailed the margin of victory...unfortunately.  Just should have given each team one more touchdown.  Final: Bengals 34 - 23. I just call em like I see em.