Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals score predictions.

Stephen

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

What do you feel will be the final score of bengals game. Im going with 38 to 35 colts. Adam v wins game with last second field goal.

Luck 23 of 32 for 350 yards 4tds 0ints

77-0 Colts. 16-0 on the season, Superbowl Champs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm going 34-21 Bengals. Not trying to be a downer, just going by what I saw this team do in the pre-season.

I would take 13 points. Man I wish I could go to Vegas and bet $1000 on that and them give me 13. Never know though you may be right. None of us know what will really happen but I am taking 13 all day. I have Colts winning 27-23, they are favored by 3 and I think they cover by a point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take 13 points. Man I wish I could go to Vegas and bet $1000 on that and them me give 13. Never know though you may be right. None of us know what will really happen but I am taking 13 all day. I have Colts winning 27-23, they are favored by 3 and I think they cover by a point.

Hope i am dead wrong. But honesty I see Dunlap, Atkins and Lawson eating Luck alive and our D  not stopping anybody. Its gonna take time to gel.

• Like 1

Colts win 27-20

Colts win if:

-The offense can control the clock and not turn it over a bunch of times

-The defense gets a few crucial turnovers and can maybe get to Dalton a few times

Colts lose if:

-The defense can't get off the field

-The Oline doesn't hold up against Cincy's rush

-Both Mixon AND Green go off (if one of em goes off,  Indy might be able to handle it, but if both go off, I don't know if Colts can pull it out)

As for Lucky, I got him going 275 yards for 2 TDs and a pick. We'll see some rust, but also some of the throws that we know puts him in that elite tier of quarterbacks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'm going 34-21 Bengals. Not trying to be a downer, just going by what I saw this team do in the pre-season.

Probably not a bad prediction, but I can't help but to think about how disappointing Cincy is every season, especially on offense. Their roster has been looking stacked for seasons on end, but they seem to fall flat.

Also, for as deep as they seem to be, our bottom roster guys dominated theirs in that last preseason game... I mean, just physically... had it not been for mistakes, that (admittedly meaningless) game would have been a a whistle to whistle blowout.

That isn't to say that I'm super confident that Indy wins this one, just that i'll be surprised if the Bengals score 34, really.

16 minutes ago, IinD said:

I gotta be a homer week 1. Luck is back, new coach, new season..27-17 Indy.

It's not even really about being a homer. I just think we are slightly better than the Bengals with Luck back and we are at home is why I say 27-23 Colts. So I have no clear reason to pick us to lose this week. If we were playing the Patriots, Jags or Steelers than I think we would lose. That isn't the case though, we are playing a 7-9 team with an Average Coach that should've been fired 3 years ago and a QB that plays like Mike Pagel at times. I remember back in 2014 we beat the Bengals 27-0 and Dalton looked like Art Schlichter :funny:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just asking but why? 

Just that it'll be the first time they'll be using the new offense, and Luck hasn't played a regular season game in a while so he'll probably be a little shaky to start. I don't think we'll be able to outscore them.

I just don't think the young pass rushers are going to get enough pressure to force Dalton to get rid of the ball quickly, and he's going to have a ton of success in the game especially deep. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I predict that if the Colts lose, it’s going to be a tough, long, disappointing season.  If the Colts win, then they may realistically challenge for a playoff spot.  That’s my line and I’m sticking to it. :)

Go Colts!

We got a bingo! 

• Like 1

27-23 Bengals

would love to pick our colts but feel that there's too many unknowns right now. Our running game won't be strong and it will take a few games for luck to shake some rust off. On other side, I see us strugglin to stop mixon and dalton should have plenty of time to find green. Hope I'm wrong. 

Veteran QBs...lots of good receivers....a track meet..

Colts 37, Cincinnatti 31

….Andrew will be 33 of 51 with 4 TDs and two interceptions...

Bengals are good defensively against the run but we don't run the ball that well. I see a lot of nohuddle offense and, at home with Luck , that's going to work against almost anybody.

Thanks to the NFL..linebacker Vontzae Burfit is suspended the first 4 games.. but we may not stop Dalton to AJ Green

Bengals think they can run the ball but they didn't last year..O-line isn't strong

At home we can wear down their pass rush and outscore the big cats

I'm not predicting final scores, because I usually jinx if I do :D

According to what i've seen from Cincy in the preseason (and previous years, since there is not much change there), their dline is legit. However, that defense struggles against TE-s, cross routes, shallow routes, etc. We have the personnel to take advantage of that. It's Reich's time to come up with the right gameplan, and play calling. If he does, the offense will be able to move the ball.

On the defensive side, they will be able run the ball. I'll be not surprised if they run 200+ yards. Our chance is to stop them in the red zone. I saw good signs that we might be able to. Our red zone defense has a chance to be much better than in recent years. Will we see it in the very first game? I dunno. I hope so. Anyway, if we can limit Cincy forcing them to kick FG-s, we'll have a chance.

(gosh, this last sencence ... what an enlightening discovery, if they won't score, we win. I am a genius. :D )

• Like 1

30-16 Colts

Expect our offense to come out strong. As has been said, we were very vanilla in the preseason. Going to sprinkle some things in and Luck will thrive. Scoring on 6 possessions. 3 TD's, 3 FG's.

Luck - 24-31 295yds 3tds 1int

Wilkins - 13 for 45yds, 2 rec 14yds

Hilton - 5rec 89yds 1td

Ebron - 4 rec 53yds 1td

Grant - 4 rec 68yds 1td

?IDK? Just thought I'd have some fun with it. I think Grant will make some plays.

Expect our defense to give up some yards, but come up big when the rield shrinks and their speed is that more vital. Think we will create a couple turnovers as well. Our defense is going to be so fast. They give up 1 TD and 3 FG's.

In the end Andrew Luck being back is huge. Colts will feed off the crowd and bring home the win.

I look for us to win week 2 as well. Week 3? We'll see.

5 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

A loss to the Bengals is 6-10 season.

A win will be 8-8/9-7, with a chance for that 6th seed. 

This game reminds me of the Lions home opener from two years ago. 

Don't even go there please... One of the worst experiences I have been a part of was the Lions opener, seated next to Lions fans. We literally started the season with our 3rd and 5th cornerbacks, and Cromartie went down in that game, I believe. Also down a starting safety, and lost another one in that game. We were playing with practice players (which were bad PS players at that) in the defensive secondary. Of course Stafford was going to pick us apart. Pagano called a stupid timeout down at the goal line, instead of playing to win and forcing Caldwell to use his own timeout (which he would have). Poor game management, and awful defense that game.  Hard to believe our defense could ever be that bad again. 

I believe we win this game. I look for some Frank Reich playcalling that opens receivers up by rubbing and creating mismatches for Andrew to get rid of the ball early. We will need to run the ball somewhat efficiently to keep Dunlap and Atkins out of the backfield from the get-go. I HOPE sincerely hope, we can get the Bengals offense in 3rd and medium/long early in the game, or force a turnover or two throughout to give Andrew more possessions. Bengals will have to work for it offensively, as I look for our zone to play fast and limit big plays. 

28-21. Colts. Andrew with 270 and 2 td's. Wilkins with a couple td's down by the goalline after a long drive. Leonard with 12 tackles and an interception. Strong field position game.

I hope for 30 plus and a defense that carries over from preseason holding the Bengals to fieldgoals after long drives. Start fast, finish strong.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When did the Bengals become the Patriots?

When did the Colts become good? I hope I’m dead wrong but their are too many weaknesses with our young D. 

Castanzo is not going to be the savior we hope for if he plays week one. The line is going to magically dominate because of him. 

The Bengals D line is really good. Im worried for Andrew.  With that said I fear Andrew is going to have to do it all by himself as usual. 

Bengals 27 - Colts 24

I think the Bengals start hot, we start slow and go into the half 17-10. Then our defense gives up only 10 points in the 2nd, looking better in the red zone, maybe even forcing a TO. Luck orchestrates two TD drives in the second half, almost completes the comeback, but ultimately fall short. Almost predicted 27-23 because I think our offense is gonna have trouble finishing off drives.

I really do think we have a legitimate chance to win this game, won't be surprised at all if we do, but I can't help but think our offense/defense will start slow and put us in a hole early on.

• Like 1