Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53(Cut Discussion Thread)

PrincetonTiger

Hmm, Denver just waived Jeff Holland. I happen to follow the Broncos (Manning effect). The guy had a terrific training camp, I saw a ton of upside there. And he is just 20, very-very young.

He is 6.2, 250, so a bit undersized as 4-3 DE, but so is Turay, and so was Mathis...

7 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Hmm, Denver just waived Jeff Holland. I happen to follow the Broncos (Manning effect). The guy had a terrific training camp, I saw a ton of upside there. And he is just 20, very-very young.

He is 6.2, 250, so a bit undersized as 4-3 DE, but so is Turay, and so was Mathis...

I posted about Holland the other night. Very productive at Auburn. Believe led the sec in sacks. Den was very deep at the position. 

A lot of his sacks & pressures came off of stunts and twists.  No much beating the tackles off the edge...  But honestly, that’s still more than anyone not named Ridgeway or Delaire did as far as creating pressure.  We’ve gotta be going after a Shane Ray or something or Simon has to be injured. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

A lot of his sacks & pressures came off of stunts and twists.  No much beating the tackles off the edge...  But honestly, that’s still more than anyone not named Ridgeway or Delaire did as far as creating pressure.  We’ve gotta be going after a Shane Ray or something or Simon has to be injured. 

Agreed there must be a replacement more suitable to the 4-3 we don’t know about or the neck injury is worse than everyone thought

Simon was not a superstar.

But one could argue he was a hard worker, great locker room presence, and produced the most of any of the edge rushers this pre-season.

Despite doing everything Ballard preaches - he gets the boot.  I don't see how this makes the team better at the moment.

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

Simon was not a superstar.

But one could argue he was a hard worker, great locker room presence, and produced the most of any of the edge rushers this pre-season.

Despite doing everything Ballard preaches - he gets the boot.  I don't see how this makes the team better at the moment.

Sorry, can’t argue with any of those things. That’s exactly what he was...

• Like 1

I know the Simon release comes as a shock, but this allows us to get our young guus onnthe field and see what we got. 

Anxious to see Turay and Bashem in there.

Probably going to claim Kony Ealy.

It is looking like Hunt is going to make the team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I don't think Ballard wanted Simon showing up his draft picks at DE, Basham, Turay and Lewis all season. Kidding...just kidding. : )

You don't have to back off so fast out of fear.  That kind of thing has been said here before.  That GMs make personnel moves to save face.

John Simon being cut does not make any sense unless he is injured.

I am generally a fan of what is going on in Indy with Ballard and Reich but I do not like this move at all. Scheme fit, blah blah blah. The guy just made plays, I dont care what his "natural position" is. The Colts out-thunk themselves on this one. The Colts do not have the talent, especially on D, to let guys like Simon walk.