Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Do you think Floyd has a high ceiling because he played for ND? He has proven over his time in the league that he just isn't very good.

I won't deny I love ND, but I honestly think he could do well given the right place and position coach. He had some very good/productive years with AZ. Heard he had a falling out with one of the coaches after 2014. He still had 800+ yards and 6 TDs while only starting 6 games in 2015. Was traded late 2016 to NE and still had a TD in only one start (out of two games). With Ginn, Smith, and Thomas + several others at NO, I'm not shocked he didn't make it if he showed up out of shape.

No real surprises, except Simon and to a minor degree Fountain not based on hes play but him being a draft pick. My hope is he, Ishmael and Walker get on the practice squad. Happy for Webb, Odum, Matt Adams, Clark, Franklin, Pascal he deserved it & Delaire. Surprised that Glowinski made it. Disappointed in the Travis injury, and Daniels being traded.

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

No real surprises, except Simon and to a minor degree Fountain not based on hes play but him being a draft pick. My hope is he, Ishmael and Walker get on the practice squad. Happy for Webb, Odum, Matt Adams, Clark, Franklin & Delaire. Surprised that Glowinski made it. Disapointed in the Travis injury, and Daniels being traded.

Have a feeling that RF was the last WR cut and was made expendable by the trade and ZP got the last spot based on his return potential 

12 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

How is a 24 yr old with 1 year in the league, who was traded once.... a journeyman, with limited ceiling after 10 career games...... vs. a 28 yr old WR who has played for 3 teams in the last 2 seasons?  also, how does a 28 yr old WR with 89 career Reg. season games played have any untapped "potential"?

I thought he was in the league 2 years, spending the first year on the practice squad. Correct? Played sparingly last year and not a lot of production. That's really not my concern though. At TX in three years, he never had more than 300ish yards in three seasons. Wasn't even a full time starter.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

I thought he was in the league 2 years, spending the first year on the practice squad. Played sparingly last year and not a lot of production. That's really not my concern though. At TX in three years, he never had more than 300ish yards in three seasons. Wasn't even a full time starter.

Longhorn fan here. Marcus Johnson was consistently underwhelming and terrible every time he received considerable minutes. 

PSA? Lol

After free agency/draft I thought 8-8 would be a pretty good season for this team but 9-10 wins not totally out of the question. Talent level on the rosters don't change significantly on cut down day (well, unless you are the Raiders) so our opinions of this team shouldn't be dramatically different today from yesterday.

I know many are disappointed with Simon being cut. I'm not as surprised by cutting him as I am by not doing it sooner. Maybe they thought by playing him in the preseason they would be able to trade him for something? Otherwise it seems like the time he has been on the roster has been a waste  since they were going to cut him regardless.

I'm also not upset over cutting Simon. I wasn't upset over cutting Hankins, not bringing back Melvin, or trading Anderson for a 7th round pick. Surprised by some moves? Sure but not upset. Yes, some of these guys were the most productive defensive players last year but they are all very replaceable. None of these guys are going to be among the best defensive players on a good defense. If you are not among the top tier group you are usually easy to replace.

Cutting Fountain is somewhat puzzling. For one, you are building this team through the draft. Every pick counts a lot. Fountain seemed like more of a project from the start. They are obviously ok playing youth and letting guys develop. 

Just now, Surge89 said:

Sure it was.  You keep telling yourself that.  There's a reason why longhorn fans were overjoyed when Marcus left town and Heard converted from QB to WR.

But hey what do I know.

Notice I said CUT...

I have no opinion as of yet on the trade, I'm watching film of him now on the other monitor though

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, we know he left the 3rd game.  But he played a lot into the last game.  He wasn't on the bench hurt.  Geathers has a neck and can play.  Simon has a neck and can play.  

Its not injury related if he can play.  Its normal personnel decision stuff.  They like the depth at the position.  Ballard likes Basham and Turay over Simon.

I also agree that we could have received a better WR prospect in trade than Robinson.....

I want to see more than a throw something against the wall and see if it sticks attitude with trading or what we pickup in waiver cuts.....I am beginning to be a bit skeptical too of Ballard.  And I never thought I would say that.  And besides that......where in the heck is the RT trade?

One thing I find interesting is that there doesn't seem to be any exact rationale or reasoning for who stays and goes.

If it was simply "everyone has a fair shot and we do not care about exactly where you were drafted" then Simon makes the team over a guy like Bashem.

On the other hand a guy like Pascal made it over Reece Fountain based on his performance despite Fountain being a draft pick.

And yes I know Bashem was a 3rd rounder compared to Reece being a 5th. But we cut Zach Banner like it was no big deal when he was a 4th.

I would love to see these guys day in and day out to get a read on what the coaches see in them that leads to their decisions. I find it fascinating.

• Like 1

Who did I miss, because I show 54 left on the roster?

1. Ryan Kelly           C
  2. Quenton Nelson              C/G
  3. Matt Slauson     C/G
  4. Pierre Desir        CB
  5. Nate Hairston    CB
  6. Chris Milton        CB
  7. Kenny Moore    CB
  8. Lenzy Pipkins     CB
  9. Quincy Wilson   CB
  10. Tarell Basham    DE
  11. Ryan Delaire       DE
  12. Jabaal Sheard    DE
  13. Kemoko Turay   DE
  14. Margus Hunt      DT
  15. Hassan Ridgeway             DT
  16. Grover Stewart DT
  17. Al Woods             DT
  18. Denico Autry      DT/DE
  19. Tyquan Lewis     DT/DE
  20. Mark Glowinski G
  21. Braden Smith     G
  22. Le'Raven Clark   G/T
  23. Adam Vinatieri  K
  24. Matthew Adams              LB
  25. Zaire Franklin     LB
  26. Najee Goode     LB
  27. Darius Leonard  LB
  28. Skai Moore         LB
  29. Anthony Walker               LB
  30. Luke Rhodes      LS
  31. Rigoberto Sanchez          P
  32. Jacoby Brissett  QB
  33. Andrew Luck      QB
  34. Nyheim Hines    RB
  35. Marlon Mack     RB
  36. Christine Michael             RB
  37. Robert Turbin    RB
  38. Jordan Wilkins   RB
  39. Matthias Farley S
  40. Clayton Geathers             S
  41. Malik Hooker     S
  42. George Odum   S
  43. Anthony Castonzo           T
  44. J'Marcus Webb T
  45. Denzelle Good  T/G
  46. Joe Haeg              T/G
  47. Jack Doyle           TE
  48. Eric Ebron            TE
  49. Erik Swoope       TE
  50. Ryan Grant         WR
  51. T.Y. Hilton            WR
  52. Marcus Johnson               WR
  53. Zach Pascal         WR
  54. Chester Rogers WR

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I Just checked out the new Depth Chart on the Colts website.  RT is the only position without a 1st. team player.  Good is listed as 2nd. team with Haag and Webb listed as 3rd.  10 OL on the roster.  I wonder if we will see a trade or a waiver wire pickup to fill that slot.  They could have slotted Good there and Haag or Webb in the 2nd. team slot.  Leaving it totally blank seems like something else is in the works.  

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

Who did I miss, because I show 54 left on the roster?

1. Ryan Kelly           C
  2. Quenton Nelson              C/G
  3. Matt Slauson     C/G
  4. Pierre Desir        CB
  5. Nate Hairston    CB
  6. Chris Milton        CB
  7. Kenny Moore    CB
  8. Lenzy Pipkins     CB
  9. Quincy Wilson   CB
  10. Tarell Basham    DE
  11. Ryan Delaire       DE
  12. Jabaal Sheard    DE
  13. Kemoko Turay   DE
  14. Margus Hunt      DT
  15. Hassan Ridgeway             DT
  16. Grover Stewart DT
  17. Al Woods             DT
  18. Denico Autry      DT/DE
  19. Tyquan Lewis     DT/DE
  20. Mark Glowinski G
  21. Braden Smith     G
  22. Le'Raven Clark   G/T
  23. Adam Vinatieri  K
  24. Matthew Adams              LB
  25. Zaire Franklin     LB
  26. Najee Goode     LB
  27. Darius Leonard  LB
  28. Skai Moore         LB
  29. Anthony Walker               LB
  30. Luke Rhodes      LS
  31. Rigoberto Sanchez          P
  32. Jacoby Brissett  QB
  33. Andrew Luck      QB
  34. Nyheim Hines    RB
  35. Marlon Mack     RB
  36. Christine Michael             RB
  37. Robert Turbin    RB
  38. Jordan Wilkins   RB
  39. Matthias Farley S
  40. Clayton Geathers             S
  41. Malik Hooker     S
  42. George Odum   S
  43. Anthony Castonzo           T
  44. J'Marcus Webb T
  45. Denzelle Good  T/G
  46. Joe Haeg              T/G
  47. Jack Doyle           TE
  48. Eric Ebron            TE
  49. Erik Swoope       TE
  50. Ryan Grant         WR
  51. T.Y. Hilton            WR
  52. Marcus Johnson               WR
  53. Zach Pascal         WR
  54. Chester Rogers WR

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Turbin

He should not count toward the 53 while suspended

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bertjones7 said:

Packers kept an unheard of 8 wrs. 

A few intriguing names for waiver pick ups are

D’Angelo Henderson rb Denver

Jeff Holland Lb Denver

Ifeadi Odinegbo DL Mn

Love me some D'Angelo Henderson

I would cut C.Michael in an instant to take a chance on Henderson's potential.

Even if Michael is our only vet until Turbin gets back.