Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

9 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

A coach tells a GM what types of players he needs to run his system. Its then the scouts and GM responsibility to bring in the talent. It seems you like RG and not CP. But the facts are RG gets the final say. I HIGHLY doubt that CP lobbied for Dorrest to be picked in round 1 when we had huge defensive needs and Landon Collins for instance on the board. I believe CP would have preferred a different player. RG strength was he was suppose to be a good talent evaluator IMO he wasn't, he was arrogant, and got to cute with picks like Dorrest when you had a guy with his skill set in TY.  

Sigh.  I assume Polian took Dungy's recommendation about defensive players more than he took them for offensive players, and relied more upon Moore for identifying those.  That would be the proper way an executive would use their subordinate's expertise. 

Did CP even lobby for Collins?  If he had, maybe he would be here.

CP obviously did not put a comments in a suggestion box about wanting 2nd round talent for his defense.  He pounded the table for a specific player who never amounted to much and was finally cut.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Sigh.  I assume Polian took Dungy's recommendation about defensive players more than he took them for offensive players, and relied more upon Moore for identifying those.  That would be the proper way an executive would use their subordinate's expertise. 

Did CP even lobby for Collins?  If he had, maybe he would be here.

CP obviously did not put a comments in a suggestion box about wanting 2nd round talent for his defense.  He pounded the table for a specific player.

Dude your grasping a straws and old straws at that. You nor I were in the room with them. We don't know who lobbied for who. Grigson sucked glad hes gone, A coach might look at some tape and say he looks ok. Grigson a good talent scout nope. 

17 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

How do you know this? I mean, all I heard about Grigson, he was the polar opposite of letting others to make decisions. There were documented cases, when he insisted that certain players should start and others shouldn't. It's hard to believe that he gave out a first rounder and 2 second rounders like "okay coach, if you want them, i will draft them". 

Where did you here what you heard?  And what decisions were being talked about.

I read that Pagano went to FSU with RG to work out Werner  It was in the press.  And Zac Keefer just stated that Pagano was pounding the table for TJ.

If RG isn't interested in his input on drafting players, why did he even let CP go to FSU or let CP in the draft room? Obviously he did listen to his input.  They were drafted.

Maybe CP pounded the table for Xavier Rhodes and said that Werner was going to stink.  Never saw that reported

2 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

This just makes no sense. Surely the ethos of building a locker room with guys who graft and give everything means Simon is a shoe in.

Save $3.3m but we all know we don't need it.

Ballard knows that it's not his money right? He doesn't get to keep the cap space.

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Agree but Basham is bigger and playing his natural position now. Simon is to small to play end. Sad but true. he will be picked up luckily if healthy.

Basham was straight garbage though. "Natural position" nonsense has to stop. Simon played the same position and excelled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Where did you here what you heard?  And what decisions were being talked about.

I read that Pagano went to FSU with RG to work out Werner  It was in the press.  And Zac Keefer just stated that Pagano was pounding the table for TJ.

If RG isn't interested in his input on drafting players, why did he even let CP go to FSU or let CP in the draft room? Obviously he did listen to his input.  They were drafted.

Maybe CP pounded the table for Xavier Rhodes and said that Werner was going to stink.  Never saw that reported

Respectfully, can you guys take this % somewhere else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1