Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Return of the Mack

TKnight24

The bigger question is who the running back by committee 

will be with Turbin out 4 games and Mack having durability 

issues. Wilkins, Tion Green, Ferguson or someone else? 

The RB stable isn't looking too good right now with Hines 

looking subpar at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

we could be in trouble at the running back spot, i think we have one of the worst groups in the league.

Reich's offensive system will mask a lot of holes in the RB and receiver

positions much like the Patriot's always getting by with no name skill

players. I agree with your post.

53 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we could be in trouble at the running back spot, i think we have one of the worst groups in the league.

tenor.gif?itemid=5109282

Turbin is money in the redzone and comes back Week 5 against the *s. 

Mack is dynamite bouncing it outside 

Wilkins looks good between the tackles always falling forwards

All three have looked good in the Reich system in preseason. Especially Mack and Turbin on RB check downs and/or swing passes. 

I'll agree that Ferguson isn't good and Hines needs some work as well 

Tion Green was just released as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Tion Green was waived this morning.

51 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5109282

Turbin is money in the redzone and comes back Week 5 against the *s. 

Mack is dynamite bouncing it outside 

Wilkins looks good between the tackles always falling forwards

All three have looked good in the Reich system in preseason. Especially Mack and Turbin on RB check downs and/or swing passes. 

I'll agree that Ferguson isn't good and Hines needs some work as well 

Tion Green was just released as well. 

i do like mack, but hes a 5-10 carry per game guy at the most imo.  10 is probably too many for him 

turbin is solid, but not special.  i cant think of many teams with worse rbs than us overall 

3 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I thought he had potential. The RB position becomes even more murky. 

I don't think the RB & WR positions as murky as the secondary... they could be better, but Luck's presence alone can make those 2 groups look decent, unfortunately he can't do much for our CBs & safeties though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Tion Green was waived this morning.

Ridiculous....we didn’t even use him in a preseason game.  What’s the point of even bringing him in Ballard?  I would think with as banged up as the Colts are at that position that they could use all the help they can get...if only to lighten the load on our few healthy backs.  Maybe they are bringing in another back. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ridiculous....we didn’t even use him in a preseason game.  What’s the point of even bringing him in Ballard?  I would think with as banged up as the Colts are at that position that they could use all the help they can get...if only to lighten the load on our few healthy backs.  Maybe they are bringing in another back. 

camp body...

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...I guess so.  But he probably shouldn’t have been.  He was decent with the Lions.  I was looking forward to seeing him at least battle for a backup spot. 

but as you said, we havent publicly seen him.  Coaches have, for many practices. Its entirely possible they didn't like what they saw or he simply didn't fit for whatever reason. Regardless, whether or not the fans get to see someone play in a preseason game does not factor in, nor should it EVER factor in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Wont be Tion Green he was just cut.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

but as you said, we havent publicly seen him.  Coaches have, for many practices. Its entirely possible they didn't like what they saw or he simply didn't fit for whatever reason. Regardless, whether or not the fans get to see someone play in a preseason game does not factor in, nor should it EVER factor in. 

Yes I know this csmopar.  But as I fan...I’m just saying that I wanted to see him play in a preseason game at least. Lol  We could have cut him afterwards.  Our coaches must have really thought he sucked to be cut after the joint practice sessions with the Ravens given how precariously thin we are at the position.  Hopefully we don’t lose another back tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He was likely a longshot to make roster, plus they waived him to bring in a WR. This was a fringe roster move with little to no bearing on the final 53.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Jordan Wilkins is RB1 material

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He was likely a longshot to make roster, plus they waived him to bring in a WR. This was a fringe roster move with little to no bearing on the final 53.

Who did we bring in @ WR Steamboat?  Probably not a good sign in regards to K.J. Brent’s knee I fear. 

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cobi Hamilton. I'm not familiar but the general consensus is that it's a good signing.

https://www.colts.com/news/roster-moves-colts-sign-wr-cobi-hamilton

Given our situation at WR...the waiving of Tion makes more sense to me now. Colts must feel like the injury situation at WR was more critical than RB at this present time.  For the record...I thought Tion could at least give guys like Hines and Josh Ferguson a run for their money.  But it’s a numbers game at the end of the day and unfortunately it looks like we might have had to bring in K.J.’s replacement. 

Reports were that Mack was showing real toughness between the tackles during camp.  I know someone said he was a 5-10 carry person, but i disagree.  If the interior o-line is as good as i think it will be, Mack could have a huge year. He's shown the ability to be elusive in 1-1 situations.  And if o-line can open holes to the 2nd level,...1 move would give Mack a bee-line to the endzone.

Mack just needs a semi-obvious hole to run through.  He's not Gore who was able to slip through a keyhole and find 4-5 yards.  But an obvious lane...He can do more with that than Gore was able to during his stint with us.

This being said,...I hope his hammy gets healthy fairly quick.  And is 100% before they put him back out there. Otherwise he could be dealing with it all year.

18 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Reich's offensive system will mask a lot of holes in the RB and receiver

positions much like the Patriot's always getting by with no name skill

players. I agree with your post.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Deion Branch were no names? 

2 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Deion Branch were no names? 

In general I agree with the sentiment of your post but I’d argue they changed their system when they had Moss because, well, they had Moss. The scheme was in some ways the product of the player.

Walker/Edelman I’d argue were more in the “no name” camp and flourished in a system playing to their strengths. 

• Like 1