Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assuming Luck is ready to go week one...

RockThatBlue

28 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

If the line plays well, we have a running game, and the defense stops opponents, I’d say 2,067 TDs. 

In our own division alone, we are going to face heller defenses.  I'd say the line will play mediocre until it is completely fortified, it could be brutal for our QB's at times.

4 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

In our own division alone, we are going to face heller defenses.  I'd say the line will play mediocre until it is completely fortified, it could be brutal for our QB's at times.

I expect avg play from the oline with the return of kelly and addition of Nelson. We will know more come August.

• Like 1

For frame of reference, in 2008 a rusty Manning (missed training camp and pre-season due to the knee issue)  had 27 TD's and he was throwing to Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Rhodes and Addai.

But heck I'll go with 28 cuz we've got Quenton Nelson and even as a rookie he's going to block better than both Tony Ugoh and Charlie Johnson playing at the same time, allowing Castonzo to catch 2-3 tackle eligible TD's.  :yahoo:

• Like 1

With an improved line, improved playcalling, and a fresh shoulder, I hate to even put a cap on what his potential is. 

We are all assuming he will be rusty, but I think with a month and a half of working with his receivers, he might not be all that off. One thing is for certain, he has utilized his time off to study and work on aspects of his game that needed improvement. I fully expect a much improved Andrew Luck to shock some folks this year. Might take some time, might not, but by seasons end, he'll be dang tough. 

35 touchdowns, would be more but Reich will put a bigger emphasis on the running game. TY with 10, Ebron with 8, Doyle with 4, Cain to be the standout rookie with 6 or 7. 

On 7/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Predict how many TDs he throws.

I'll say 33 TDs. 

Because I think we're going to be in shootouts on a regular basis, Luck will NEED to throw at least 33 TDs if we're going to win games this year.

But I could be wrong.  Brissett only threw 13 TDs last year, and if he had thrown a 4th-quarter TD in 7 of those games, he would still only have had 20 TDs while the Colts would have had 7 more wins...

21350029fdca0928445a8c8accb237bd.gif

Think about that.  If the Colts had been just slightly better in the 4th quarter of games last year, they could have been 11-5 and AFC South Champs with a QB only throwing 20 TDs.  An effective run-game and tough defense could win us the division while Andrew only has to throw around 20 TDs.

shoulder-shrug-gif-24.gif

• Like 2

I'm optimistic. I see upper 30s-low 40s. I think we have a nasty redzone TE duo. Our receivers are underrated mainly due to the fact that only 2 have ever caught a ball from Luck. And I think our RBs with Mack and Hines, can be deadly in the pass catching game. Also Quenton Nelson will catch 10 TDs alone. While blocking the entire defensive line. And writing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech.

On July 13, 2018 at 1:04 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Predict how many TDs he throws.

I'll say 33 TDs. 

Wait, I thought we were just projecting for 1 week or opening day end zone success not the entire season yet. 

On July 13, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Smonroe said:

Thats a bit much for week one...assuming he’s ready to go...

You read my mind man. Thank you SMRE.

On July 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM, SilentHill said:

42, because it's the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Is this like a mystical math number or a Roswell, New Mexico alien/Area 51 discovery thing? LOL!

Ideally, I wanna see Chewbacca reduce his interceptions to say 10 or 12 at the most. Learn to not tackle the ball carrier on picks. The 30 range on TD's would be nice sure. Stay in the pocket more with less roll outs.

Don't be afraid to throw the ball out of bounds sometimes in order to avoid a punishing sack. Get rid of the ball faster. Not every down requires a hail mary throw BTW. 

On 7/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

With an improved line, improved playcalling, and a fresh shoulder, I hate to even put a cap on what his potential is. 

We are all assuming he will be rusty, but I think with a month and a half of working with his receivers, he might not be all that off. One thing is for certain, he has utilized his time off to study and work on aspects of his game that needed improvement. I fully expect a much improved Andrew Luck to shock some folks this year. Might take some time, might not, but by seasons end, he'll be dang tough. 

35 touchdowns, would be more but Reich will put a bigger emphasis on the running game. TY with 10, Ebron with 8, Doyle with 4, Cain to be the standout rookie with 6 or 7. 

I've questioned the rusty part myself as well.  He should be decent after all of the end of OTAs, throwing during down time before camp, training camp and preseason.  He should have shaken off a good deal of the rust, but I'm sure there will be some things here or there I suppose.

52 minutes ago, krunk said:

I've questioned the rusty part myself as well.  He should be decent after all of the end of OTAs, throwing during down time before camp, training camp and preseason.  He should have shaken off a good deal of the rust, but I'm sure there will be some things here or there I suppose.

I understand there is a good chance it takes some time to work into form... but Andrew has performed at a very high level with a bum shoulder for several seasons prior to all this time off. He very well might feel better throwing the ball than he ever has. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I understand there is a good chance it takes some time to work into form... but Andrew has performed at a very high level with a bum shoulder for several seasons prior to all this time off. He very well might feel better throwing the ball than he ever has. 

I have to agree.  That coupled with what appears to be a strong draft class, an improved offensive line and finally a new playing surface that hopefully cuts down on injuries and improves performance and we just might be in store for one heck of a year.  Could the stars finally be aligning?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I have to agree.  That coupled with what appears to be a strong draft class, an improved offensive line and finally a new playing surface that hopefully cuts down on injuries and improves performance and we just might be in store for one heck of a year.  Could the stars finally be aligning?  

I am excited to see what Andrew can do working with some very creative and brilliant offensive minds for a change. Reich and Sirianni could be the real difference makers here. With some new speed on offense and a more solidified o-line, they can really exploit mismatches and make Luck's job seem like a walk in the park compared to what he is used to here. Going to be very fun watching this offense start the season, and then grow throughout the course. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, southwest1 said:

Is this like a mystical math number or a Roswell, New Mexico alien/Area 51 discovery thing? LOL!

You should google it, ask google:

what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.