Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson (Article)

TKnight24

He must have struggled with the mental part of the game, because he sure looked good at times in locating the ball and making plays. He also looks good in run support....good instincts, a natural football player....I think Ballard made good picks with him and Harriston and hopefully he can get another good corner this draft.

17 minutes ago, egg said:

He must have struggled with the mental part of the game, because he sure looked good at times in locating the ball and making plays. He also looks good in run support....good instincts, a natural football player....I think Ballard made good picks with him and Harriston and hopefully he can get another good corner this draft.

I think he struggled with how to conduct himself as a professional.  Meaning he didn't prepare himself properly and take the necessary steps to earn the right to be on the field.  I assume he thought he could coast on his talent and he had a tough time dealing with the fact that it just doesn't work that way on this level.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think he struggled with how to conduct himself as a professional.  Meaning he didn't prepare himself properly and take the necessary steps to earn the right to be on the field.  I assume he thought he could coast on his talent and he had a tough time dealing with the fact that it just doesn't work that way on this level.

Agreed. On the field it seemed he knew what he needed to be doing etc. It definitely seemed to be the professional side....preparation, practice, workouts, demeanor that he needed to grow. Glad they held him accountable last year.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To all who trashed Pagano and our former DC over the handling of Quincy Wilson..,,,

Your apologies will be accepted right here...     

I'll never apologize for bashing the last regime, especially in Wilson's case. Good, young corners don't grow on trees in this league, and I still believe that letting him play through some of that stuff and learning through real-game scenarios would've been very beneficial to his development, but it's water under the bridge now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

For all the flack the previous regime took for not playing Wilson enough last year, it might be the best thing that could have happened for Wilson and the Colts going forward.

Right a well rested CB playing with a chip on his shoulders. Prove it to us Wilson! 

seriously between Quincy Malik Mack and Hairston I can’t tell you who my favorite upcoming 2nd year player is. and 2 of them went 4th rd and lower.

This draft is going to be insane. Life-changing maybe, inspirational. Someone will write a book about this draft one day 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MackAttack said:

seriously between Quincy Malik Mack and Hairston I can’t tell you who my favorite upcoming 2nd year player is. and 2 of them went 4th rd and lower.

This draft is going to be insane. Life-changing maybe, inspirational. Someone will write a book about this draft one day 

Put the coffee down and step away from the keyboard lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'll never apologize for bashing the last regime, especially in Wilson's case. Good, young corners don't grow on trees in this league, and I still believe that letting him play through some of that stuff and learning through real-game scenarios would've been very beneficial to his development, but it's water under the bridge now.

So you don't think players should earn their playing time?  You think it should just be given to them based on potential and draft position?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So you don't think players should earn their playing time?  You think it should just be given to them based on potential and draft position?

No, I believe that 100% that players should earn their time, regardless of draft position or contract, which is why it's such a head scratcher that players like Antonio Morrison ever make it onto the field. Was Wilson really SO terrible in practice that he deserved to be a healthy scratch for half the season? We'll never really know, and like I said, it's water under the bridge now, so it's a non-issue.

13 hours ago, MackAttack said:

I'm actually kind of intrigued by Basham. He started to show up towards the end of the season last year, and Eberflus' scheme is more of a natural fit for him, so he could be a dark horse for most improved from the 2017 draft class.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No, I believe that 100% that players should earn their time, regardless of draft position or contract, which is why it's such a head scratcher that players like Antonio Morrison ever make it onto the field. Was Wilson really SO terrible in practice that he deserved to be a healthy scratch for half the season? We'll never really know, and like I said, it's water under the bridge now, so it's a non-issue.

Your posts have me a bit confused.

You think a player should earn their playing time

You think Wilson should have had more playing time even though he didn't earn it.

You bashed the coach for not playing Wilson even though he didn't earn it.

Tthe player admits he didn't earn playing because he was not prepared day in a day out  so a poster said people can post their apologies here

Then you claim you are not going to apologize because they should have played Wilson and let him work through his issues on the field (even though it wasn't the field where he was having issues).

And then you claim you don't really know the situation for which you were bashing the coach.

41 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Your posts have me a bit confused.

You think a player should earn their playing time

You think Wilson should have had more playing time even though he didn't earn it.

You bashed the coach for not playing Wilson even though he didn't earn it.

Tthe player admits he didn't earn playing because he was not prepared day in a day out  so a poster said people can post their apologies here

Then you claim you are not going to apologize because they should have played Wilson and let him work through his issues on the field (even though it wasn't the field where he was having issues).

And then you claim you don't really know the situation for which you were bashing the coach.

•  I do feel like players should earn their time.
  • The fact that Wilson started in week 2 vs the Cardinals, and played well, led me to believe that Wilson had earned his time in the eyes of the coaches.
  • I bashed the coach because if they didn't think Wilson was earning snaps, then why'd they put him on the field vs the Cardinals in the first place?
  • The player is saying all the right things, holding himself accountable, and being professional in an interview. That's good, as he should be focused on the future and not the past. However I don't believe that warrants an apology from me, or any other forum member who thought that whole situation last year was just odd.
  • This is a very good point, but still, if he was struggling so mightily in practice, how did he ever get on the field in the first place?
  • No one really knows what Wilson's "situation" was, as it stayed in-house for the most part. What I saw was a young player who seemed to be playing well, then was suddenly benched because of "practice issues." Coaches with winning records can do that and not even raise the eyebrows of their fanbase because it's all "part of the plan," but when it's the head coach of a 4-12 team with the 31st ranked defense, you can expect some skepticism/anger from fans.

24 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

• The fact that Wilson started in week 2 vs the Cardinals, and played well, led me to believe that Wilson had earned his time in the eyes of the coaches.
  • I bashed the coach because if they didn't think Wilson was earning snaps, then why'd they put him on the field vs the Cardinals in the first place?
  • The player is saying all the right things, holding himself accountable, and being professional in an interview. That's good, as he should be focused on the future and not the past. However I don't believe that warrants an apology from me, or any other forum member who thought that whole situation last year was just odd.
  • This is a very good point, but still, if he was struggling so mightily in practice, how did he ever get on the field in the first place?
  • No one really knows what Wilson's "situation" was, as it stayed in-house for the most part. What I saw was a young player who seemed to be playing well, then was suddenly benched because of "practice issues." Coaches with winning records can do that and not even raise the eyebrows of their fanbase because it's all "part of the plan," but when it's the head coach of a 4-12 team with the 31st ranked defense, you can expect some skepticism/anger from fans.

He played in the 2nd game because the Colts had no other bodies to put out there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Wilson sounds like a guy who was getting outplayed in practice and was drinking his own coolaid!! I also believe he will be better off for it this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Wilson sounds like a guy who was getting outplayed in practice and was drinking his own coolaid!! I also believe he will be better off for it this year.

"But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man."

• Like 1