Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins & Bears showing strong interest in #6 overall pick

TKnight24

6 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Wait till the day of the draft CB and till we are on the clock and take in a kings randsom for our #6. But what’s the point of moving up to 6 if there are no QB’s left? If barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick are available at 6 don’t trade!!!

Yes it would all depend on who was still avalible and what they were offering for the trade.

14 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Wait till the day of the draft CB and till we are on the clock and take in a kings randsom for our #6. But what’s the point of moving up to 6 if there are no QB’s left? If barkley, Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick are available at 6 don’t trade!!!

Ballard thus far has been a man of his word, and he’s said he doesn’t wanna leave the top 10. But taking calls just in case the worst scenario does play out which is non QB being drafted isn’t a bad idea 

If the top 3 non QB are gone, definitely pull the trigger on the trade back and get a ransom

Roquan is honestly nearing Chubb and Nelson for me in the "God I want him" category (Barkley is in his own tier).  I'd be perfectly okay with moving to 8 if Roquan was the target, but I don't know why Chicago would do that.  Presumably for Nelson or Chubb

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Ballard thus far has been a man of his word, and he’s said he doesn’t wanna leave the top 10. But taking calls just in case the worst scenario does play out which is non QB being drafted isn’t a bad idea 

If the top 3 non QB are gone, definitely pull the trigger on the trade back and get a ransom

I agree 100% if the draft goes 1 Allen 2 barkley 3 darnold 4 Fitzpatrick/Chubb  5 chubb/Nelson 

then em I say trade for a randsom

13 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

We're not dealing with the Pats.  You can't say the rivalry is back on and then give them Chubbs.

Not only that...   but we're not trading down to get picks 23, 31 and whatever else they could throw our way...

They don't have enough assets to trade to make us trade that far down.

No chance for a deal with the Pats.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

only way I make the trade with either Chicago or Miami is for their first (#8 or #11) AND additional picks. Not sure who the Bears want at 8 that is worth trading up for (Smith? Edmunds? Ward?) but w/ Miami I assume it's a QB.

Colts can still get a quality pick at either #8 or #11---if not Smith or Edmunds, then Ward, Fitzpatrick or James. It would depend on how many additional picks any trade got for the Colts. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bshultz said:

I'm thinking the bears want Nelson.

if the Bearzzzz want Nelson badly enough to give up, say, #8 and #39, then I might be interested. Colts still get major value at #8 (Smith, Edmunds, Ward, etc) AND another 2nd round pick.

IMO the key to this draft for the Colts is not Round 1, it's Round 2--gonna be some VERY promising OLs, RBs, CBs, even LBs there, and the Colts having 4 picks in that round would look interesting indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CelticColt said:

only way I make the trade with either Chicago or Miami is for their first (#8 or #11) AND additional picks. Not sure who the Bears want at 8 that is worth trading up for (Smith? Edmunds? Ward?) but w/ Miami I assume it's a QB.

Colts can still get a quality pick at either #8 or #11---if not Smith or Edmunds, then Ward, Fitzpatrick or James. It would depend on how many additional picks any trade got for the Colts. 

Nelson

I wouldn't pass on Barkley, if he's available, he could be a generational player. 

I'm not that ecstatic about Nelson because there's a few first round quality guards that could be available with our early second round picks. 

Hoping for Chubb at 6 (rather than Smith, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick and Ward if we traded down for a first and second) but a king's randsome could change my mind. 

Also, privately pondering if CB pulled the trigger too soon on trading down from 3.

Finally, do not deal with New England! Could you imagine if the Patriots snag Chubb from us and he becomes the next Reggie White?!? *shudder* Also, do not want to help them land Tom Brady's heir apparent. Make them grovel like the dogs they are!

• Like 1

I don't see Ballard making any move until draft night, to see how the first five picks go. If things fall a certain way, he'll be willing to trade down. However, I don't see him risking losing out on a player he wants if he feels like they won't be there at the spot he would trade down to. The Colts are in a great situation either way. This is the first draft I have been really excited for since when they took Luck.

• Like 2

Trade the pick.  We wont be a contender for two more years and any elite player taken at 6 is not going to be that helpful early on.  Let everyone mature at the same time to maximize the window of opportunity.  

A very good player will be available at 8 or 11.

• Like 3

Another day, another Colts trade rumor. These have been flooding in ever since the Jets trade. I’ve heard the Bills, Cards, and now Dolphins and Bears.

Really interested to know why none of these teams are interested in picks 4 and 5 or 7. What is so magical about pick 6? Seems like bored media chatter.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LockeDown said:

We're not dealing with the Pats.  You can't say the rivalry is back on and then give them Chubbs.

I tell them yes on the deal, wait until the last minute to submit it to the league, and actually turn in our pick instead of the trade. 

8 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Bears can send Jordan Howard, a 2nd & a pick next year and I’m here for it :)

:scoregood:

:colts: 

You would be all for the Colts trading the #6 overall pick for Jordan Howard and a 2nd round pick?  i would cry if we did that.... like.... actually cry

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Another day, another Colts trade rumor. These have been flooding in ever since the Jets trade. I’ve heard the Bills, Cards, and now Dolphins and Bears.

Really interested to know why none of these teams are interested in picks 4 and 5 or 7. What is so magical about pick 6? Seems like bored media chatter.

Until this rumor, all of the teams mentioned are interested in a QB.  The Bears rumor changes things because now there is a chance teams view one or more of the position players worthy of giving extra picks for.  That's a new twist.

Its probably Chubb, maybe Barkley.  I still can't see a team giving up multiple picks to take a G at 6, no matter how good he is.

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well, this is a forum & we all need something to talk about 

Also I think Denver is looking at a QB as well so don’t see them trading unless the QB is gone

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

id consider the bears pick at #8 under the right circumstances. Wed still be in great range. Wouldn't do it at all if Chubb is on the board.

If we move back to 8, you could still get Roquan if the Bears moved up to 6 for Nelson cause Tampa isn’t taking a LB. They’re set there so they’d get Minkah or Derwin. Then boom we’re right back on the clock with extra picks and possibly Jordan Howard. Now we take Roquan or even Denzel 

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You would be all for the Colts trading the #6 overall pick for Jordan Howard and a 2nd round pick?  i would cry if we did that.... like.... actually cry

#6 for:

8th overall 

Jordan Howard 

2nd rounder this year 

Pick next year in the 1-3 rounds

I’m not sure how the trade vaule stuff works so probably could get more. But that’s the minimum of what I’d want back

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Trade the pick.  We wont be a contender for two more years and any elite player taken at 6 is not going to be that helpful early on.  Let everyone mature at the same time to maximize the window of opportunity.  

A very good player will be available at 8 or 11.

If Miami pulls the trigger we could take them to the cleaners the most unless Arizona calls. But between Miami & Chicago, Miami have the most to offer 

30 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

#6 for:

8th overall 

Jordan Howard 

2nd rounder this year 

Pick next year in the 1-3 rounds

I’m not sure how the trade vaule stuff works so probably could get more. But that’s the minimum of what I’d want back

ok, trade back 2 spots, add jordan howard and a early 2nd round pick....  count me in

I agree with waiting till draft day.  But if Chubb & Nelson are still available, I think you need to pick one.  You get BPA and fill a top need at the same time.  That doesn't happen often. Plus if they're both still there, that means the top 4 QBs are probably gone, so you don't have quite the trade leverage.  JMO.

• Like 1