Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you have on the Indianapolis Colts Big Board at No. 6?

Indianapolis Colts First Round Big Board  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #1 prospect on the Indianapolis Colts Big Board? (6th Pick in the 2018 Draft)

• Chubb DE
    • Nelson G
    • Barkley RB
    • Fitzpatrick CB/S
    • Ward CB
    • James S
    • Edmunds OLB
    • Smith ILB
    • Davenport EDGE
    • Landry EDGE
    • Vea DT
    • Other

I've got the same big 3 that everyone has:

1. Chubb

2. Barkley

3. Nelson

Edmunds I have at 4, and its actually possible that the big 3 are gone before our pick so he's like 3a or 3b. TBH I'd take him over Nelson because he's a rare athlete at his position. Fitzpatrick rounds out the top 5 on my "board".

To me the No. 1 prospect on the Colts Big Board means BPA.  It doesn't mean he will be there for the 6th pick.  That said their top three would be Barkley, Nelson and Chubb.  The most likely to be there at 6 is Nelson.  I think we are trading back again.  We won't trade back far so I think we will trade the 6th. pick to the Dolphins or Bills and it will probably happen before the draft.  I think Ballard wants more high rd. picks this year and next and he will trade again to get them. 

Is the intent who do we have on our own big board for the colts? Or is it who do we think the colts themselves have on their big board?

im going w what I think Ballard and the Colts have on their board which varies immensely from my own board of what I want for them. 

1. Chubb

2. Fitzpatrick

3. Nelson

4. Barkley

5. Davenport

6. Landry

my rationale is simple: I believe the colts desire pass rush most. But they also aren’t going to blindly target a guy if there is someone rated higher. 

Ballard at least entertained pass rushers like Autry and Mawoya and such. And talked about getting rushers in the draft. He won’t reach. But he is looking for them. So I think Davenport and Landry are on a short list. They just won’t justify pick 6 so he will trade down if need be to get them. 

He tried to sign Norwell. So he sees the value in an elite OG and so Nelson is a natural fit. 

Barkley makes the list purely on how elite a prospect he is. But I like many don’t think we value a RB enough. And Ballard hasn’t even shown the willingness to chase or pay a RB or target one yet. 

I think we are quiet on Fitzpatrick. But I believe he is sneaky high on our list. Ballard loved Hooker for how he could influence the back half of the d and he was raw. Fitz is more polished and arguably more versatile. He could basically be a better Honey Badger  or a more elite Buddy Baker type. I could see him being a sneaky target. 

I still think Chubb is tops on the list. 

I will be super curious to see what we do if Chubb isn’t there. Do we go Nelson if he is still there? Do we go Fitzpatrick? Do we take Fitzpatrick over Nelson? Do we go Barkley if he slides? 

Im not saying this to ask our board. I know many of you think different things in that regard. I’m asking the questions rhetorically since I genuinely wonder what the colts board is stacked like. 

Ballard had shown a history of addressing secondary w first round picks. Peters and Hooker in some recent years. And he’s openly spoke of pass rush value and how hard they are to come by. It’s going to make 5 weeks from now super exciting. 

I remember last year Ballard exalting his love/ importance of DB/S what if Fitzpatrick is his top guy on the board? That has been rolling around my marble since the Giants JPP move, what if Chubb and Barkley are gone at picks 2 and 4....and we are faced with Nelson/Fitzpatrick and the rest, does he say I aint makin' a guard a 1st round pick and go Fitzpatrick, and does the majority of this board lose its collective mind? I think so.......

But to be on topic:

1 Chubb

2 Barkley

3 Fitzpatrick

4 Vea

5 Nelson

That would be my top 5, taking need into account without reaching too far Vea ( is climbing the board in my mind by draft day I am thinking he may be top 5)

My very preliminary big board for the Colts:

1. Bradley Chubb

2. Minkah Fitzpatrick (if we think he can play fulltime outside CB)

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Denzel Ward

5. Tremaine Edmunds

6. Derwin James 

7. Minkah Fitzpatrick(if we think he cannot play fulltime outside CB)

8. Roquan Smith

9. Harold Landry

10. Maurice Hurst

11. Connor Williams (if we think he can play OT)

12. Saquon Barkley

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

1. Bradley Chubb

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Denzel Ward

5. Tremaine Edmunds

6. Derwin James 

8. Roquan Smith

9. Harold Landry

10. Maurice Hurst

12. Saquon Barkley

I have a feeling that CB and Reich's plan is to draft or sign good DBs regardless of their position. If you're playing bump and run coverage in Cover 2 or 3, it's more important to have taken away throwing lanes than it is to have players that can cover one guy for the entire route. That, plus good tackling skills. Can't play any zone scheme without good tackling.

So you could have have 4 safeties on the field with 1 CB simply because of the scheme. But those safeties would technically be playing CB, but their roles would be interchangebale. 

In essence have guys like Minkah, who have experience playing both and show a tape with great tackling ability, are suddenly valued higher than pure cover guys CBs. 

Just my 2c tho. I won't pretend I have any idea what BDB and FR are up to.

You people with Barkley so low are insane.  I think you're just doing it to make a point because I'm not convinced anyone would truly take ~10 players over him.

1. Barkley

2. Chubb

3. Nelson

I could be talked into Fitzpatrick at 6, but if those 3 guys are gone I want to trade down if possible.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

1. Bradley Chubb

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Denzel Ward

5. Tremaine Edmunds

6. Derwin James 

8. Roquan Smith

9. Harold Landry

10. Maurice Hurst

12. Saquon Barkley

Mine would be pretty similar...though I would have Ward further down. I don't think he has the size and length that Ballard is looking for...and there are a few guys later in the draft that do. 

For what it is worth, I still would ideally want Chubb and Nelson in that order. They’re close. But I think we can unearth a good guard better than a good pass rusher later in the draft. 

While Barkley is a generationally graded talent, I might prefer Fitzpatrick for his versatility. Not may DBs in the draft or in the league in general have the makeup to do what he is potentially capable of. 

I could easily see us going w Fitzpatrick over Barkley. And I wouldn’t be too bummed if so. 

Heck, if Ray Lewis thinks he’s the most impactful guy in the draft then that’s good enough for me lol 

1 Chubb

1A Barkley

2 Denzel Ward

3 Edmunds

4 Fitzpatrik

5 Marcus Davenport

Only reason I don't have Nelson on here is because Ballard said he likes interior lineman in the second third rounds this year. I think Ballard LOVES DBs in general (look at past KC drafts). Think Edmunds and Davenport could be great; just don't know if they reach it until late in their first contract. (like year three)