Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boston Herald - Peyton Manning Is Throwing Well, Improving- On Pace To Be Possibly Full Strength By May

bayone

One person unaffiliated with Manning, who was briefed on his throwing sessions with Reggie Wayne last week, gave a favorable report.

A longtime Manning associate said Manning is on pace to be at full strength by May, though obviously nobody can say with certainty.

http://news.bostonhe...position=recent

Page 2

, Curtis Martin Video Interview ,

starts 1:30 in

any team save for Pats, Saints & Packers should consider Peyton, Its like asking would u want Montana or Elway

, says towards end

Peyton may be best of all time, definitely during my career, the

only other Qb i wouldnt say is in same class but would think highly of is Brady

http://news.bostonhe...nfl#articleFull

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear some good news.

Im tempering my expectations however, because I feel Peytons been "just months away" for awhile now.

How did Boston get this scoop?

That's what stuck out, the Boston Herald saying it &

linking Martin Video saying

Peyton

may be best of all time, definitely during my career, & brady not in same class but would still be only other QB to think higly of just stuck out at me coming from a Boston News Source

Another "sources say" and "unaffilated with Manning" article that really doesn't glean any new information... and the "Saturday tells NFL Network" makes me laugh.. Saturday said that live while broadcasting for the combine! There's no scoop here for the BSHerald.

Jim Irsay didn't say it so I don't believe it. We can't bash and rip apart someone's credibility when they release bad news about Peyton and then believe and be happy when someone releases good news, that's just silly.

Another "sources say" and "unaffilated with Manning" article that really doesn't glean any new information... and the "Saturday tells NFL Network" makes me laugh.. Saturday said that live while broadcasting for the combine! There's no scoop here for the BSHerald.

difference here is as read others u noted

Manning is on pace to be at full strength by May

& I like the Curtis Martin Interview

Jim Irsay didn't say it so I don't believe it. We can't bash and rip apart someone's credibility when they release bad news about Peyton and then believe and be happy when someone releases good news, that's just silly.

U are of course be objective and correct, I am just posting what I found, Cant remember if i entered the bashing remark threads but am skeptical until we get firmer , verifiable sources & not just leaks

difference here is as read others u noted

Manning is on pace to be at full strength by May

& I like the Curtis Martin Interview

The Martin is new and I hope you didn't take my comment personally, it's directed to the "Sources" that keep saying things, rewording, changing a date, but in the end, it's not really anything new... can hardly wait to hear from the "Horseshoes" mouth the real story, hopefully next week!!!!!! I always seek out your posts, you always have interesting info.

The Martin is new and I hope you didn't take my comment personally, it's directed to the "Sources" that keep saying things, rewording, changing a date, but in the end, it's not really anything new... can hardly wait to hear from the "Horseshoes" mouth the real story, hopefully next week!!!!!! I always seek out your posts, you always have interesting info.

Not taken personally at all, dont worry , know u to long from direct colts so know how u speak

in a few cimments back i quoted a comment , agreed and answered with this,

but am skeptical until we get firmer , verifiable sources & not just leaks

Yes it allowed us Colts fans to be ill an extra day. Need to go to CVS and get some TUMS...HA!

KNow the feeling esp as

I messaged u here or told u on direct colts , wherever, getting confused , i am on antibiotics , this only start of third day

so all the quotes and responses, well I got to get off as soon as finish needed e-mail correspondence and things vital to certain issues , if get more quoted responces I may not be around and all forgive me for not replying, NO Need To Reply To This

It's not like that at all. Any bad news, often completely fabricated (see: noodle arm), and everyone around here says, "it's becoming clear that Manning is done as a Colt..."

Then reports will claim otherwise. Real evidence, but those same people will be the first in to claim it doesn't mean anything.

Irsay has contradicted evey piece of conventional wisdom, saying that rrafting Luck, and money won't be a determining factor; the decision is up to Manning. Yet the same reasons we hear from 99% of the Colts.com members revolves around money and Luck. It's really funny because those same people were all for PeyLuck just a few months ago when all of this info was already known.

Not to be negative nancy here but its odd that more good news is coming out as March 8th is getting closer. I assume we will find reports that he can make all the throws with good velocity and "looks like the Pre-surgeries Manning" by March 7-8th.

Its still wait and see for me. Proof is in the pudding so to speak

It is March 1.....7 days for Manning.....4 for Brees.

That is pretty odd the Saints haven't worked anything out with Brees yet, the guy had one of the most (if not the most) incredible season any QB has ever had. I assume they will eventually work things out with him. Completely different situation with the Colts though unfortunately :(.

It's not like that at all. Any bad news, often completely fabricated (see: noodle arm), and everyone around here says, "it's becoming clear that Manning is done as a Colt..."

Then reports will claim otherwise. Real evidence, but those same people will be the first in to claim it doesn't mean anything.

Irsay has contradicted evey piece of conventional wisdom, saying that rrafting Luck, and money won't be a determining factor; the decision is up to Manning. Yet the same reasons we hear from 99% of the Colts.com members revolves around money and Luck. It's really funny because those same people were all for PeyLuck just a few months ago when all of this info was already known.

I can't speak for everyone, that's just the way I feel. The only way I'll believe anything is if I either see Peyton throw, or Jim Irsay announces that Manning will be released or retained. I think people say Manning is done with the Colts because they hear it on ESPN, specifically Adam Schefter, who has been saying for weeks that there is no way Peyton comes back. But he is not Jim Irsay, so I am not inclined to believe that.

Irsay said the ball was in Peyton's court, and if he wants to be back he will, and that's all I know right now.

That is pretty odd the Saints haven't worked anything out with Brees yet, the guy had one of the most (if not the most) incredible season any QB has ever had. I assume they will eventually work things out with him. Completely different situation with the Colts though unfortunately :(.

The bad thing is Brees will get the franchise tag......then he loses 2 or three receivers. I helps the Saints to get it done for sure...and Brees too.

Amen. Just an all around poorly written fluff piece that manages to get "Brady" inserted into the Manning conversation.

Which simply translated means: "If Manning wants to tweak his contract, we're good to go. If he doesn't then he is gone."

Agreed. Peyton can either accept an incentive based deal, or he leaves.

The bad thing is Brees will get the franchise tag......then he loses 2 or three receivers. I helps the Saints to get it done for sure...and Brees too.

Heck if they lose Colston, I sure as heck wouldn't mind him coming to Indy considering the circumstances involving Reggie & Garçon. I hope that idea wouldn't be to far fetched.

One person unaffiliated with Manning, who was briefed on his throwing sessions with Reggie Wayne last week, ................

A longtime Manning associate said ..............................

Some people were upset about unnamed sources when they provided bad news.

Some people were upset about unnamed sources who were not associated with Manning when they provided bad news.

They pointed out how unreliable unnamed sources were.

Yet these same people are now happy accepting good news from the above 2 categories.

Go figure.