Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boston Herald - Peyton Manning Is Throwing Well, Improving- On Pace To Be Possibly Full Strength By May

bayone

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Dwight Freeney says hello.

Wayne has slowed down a bit . Still a great possession WR, though.

(null)

Dwight Freeney has had worse seasons, 2006.

Wayne has not slowed down. He still almost broke a 1000 yards with Curtis Painter throwing to him. His Y/R this year was the best in his past 3 seasons.

All players decline especially after 30...especially in football where careers are short anyway.

You still are not showing me why you think so.

Dwight Freeney has had worse seasons, 2006.

Wayne has not slowed down. He still almost broke a 1000 yards with Curtis Painter throwing to him. His Y/R this year was the best in his past 3 seasons.

Well with your love for aging players you should be all for the Colts signing Ward.

The Colts are not that old. Secondary is young. Linebackers are young group. O-line is new and revamped. D-line saw new blood last year. The newbies in the running game were a plus. Addai still blocks well, catches passes, and showed some inspired running last year. Even Brown showed improvement. Reggie was never a speed receiver. He's always been the quintessential route runner with excellant hands and a durability unmatched by any in the league. Freeney still has it. It just costs too much in 2012.

Every problem the Colts had last year was the result of turnovers and 3 and outs. Inability to score in the red zone the few times we would get there was also big. The defense was on the field most of the game and half the time giving the opposing team a short field. The defense actually won one of the ball games for us. They held the opponent and they scored the points.

The Colts have at their fingertips an historical opportunity to have their cake and eat it too. That's the silver lining of the cloud of last season and the Luck of the draw. There is absolutely no reason under the sun for the Colts to give up and accept mediocre seasons the next few years under the banner or excuse of "rebuilding".

Hopefully, Irsay is challenging the new administration to find a way to make it all work out. That's the measure of champions!

If you were a general in the US Army going to battle, would you pay 28 million for a Sherman Tank when the newest Abrams battle tank came off of the line? Manning is no Sherman, but wounded in battle.....28 freaking million....one week away....

I am not happy.....If we lose numba 18................SICK!

I agree to a certain extent with the bold comment. However, while it may be contradictory, it is the prudent thing to do. I still think health is the #1 issue, followed by $. If PM was 100% healthy, the $28 mill would have already been given to him, but because of the circumstances Irsay cannot take that gamble. So it's now about money because PM isn't healthy...Irsay still wants him on the team but cannot, as a businessman, have the contract as is.

As for the rest, I have no problem with Irsay doing what he did. I love PM, but if it was any other player---say DFree or Dallas Clark saying what he said to Kravitz, fans would be all over them. The Colts always have kept all negative in-house...why would PM act differently now, and particularly why would he give Kravitz the story knowing how he loves to instigate (remember how many times he has bashed PM in the past)? That is totally out of character for PM. Point is, Irsay owns the team, can use twitter or whatever he wants to circulate the information he wants fans and media to know. PM, as iconic and great as he is, is still Irsay's employee and needs to air out his issues directly with him instead of through Kravitz. A PR battle is the only reason for PM to do what he did, imo, and that's what Irsay was saying. In American capitalism, there is a power structure: the owner gets to say what he wants when he wants and the worker has to fall in line. Like it or not, we are all subjected to this reality everyday.

BTW, I want Manning and Luck on the roster.

Ding, ding. If Manning was 100% healthy he would get the money but he is not.

I am totally ok with taking a chance on Manning if he restructures...even if he isn't 100%. Luck can sit and play later. It worked for Rodgers...didn't hurt Steve Young..heck Eli sat half a season behind Warner, Brees sat his first year, Brady perhaps the greatest qb of all time sat behind Bledsoe and we can list so many more. In fact almost all those people used that time to learn and progress and used it as motivation. I know we can list all we want young rookie qbs that came out and played well in their first season. Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Freeman, Newton and Dalton but that doesn't mean they couldn't be better if they wouldn't have sat and learned. None of those guys have really proven anything other than that some can play early and win...others like Alex Smith took 6 years to win and were the first pick in the draft. Perhaps he should have set more. What I would like is to see Luck learn the offense and the game from a mastermind like Peyton and me get to witness one of the greatest of all times still play. (if healthy and restructured) I just don't see how having both would be that bad. I like the idea of challenging your team to win now and into the future...else you set up expectations for losing. I think with restructuring of contracts with a few people we could retain a great deal of our talent or draft replacements and be competitive in 2012. 9-7 won the Super Bowl last year!

I know someone is going to say Peyton isnt healthy and I understand... I also understand him getting cut...but if with the offseason he heals and restructures why not have both. I am open to it..seems most here aren't though.

I like this guy...Curtis Martin.

Although he made it into the HOF, I still think he is still a slightly underrated RB.

And I like that he just straight up said he'd prefer Manning over Brady. A lot of guys always try not to choose sides, but you can always tell when they're leaning to either QB. If one person said Manning was a great, then they always felt they had to say Brady is also one too. Which there's no wrong in.

It's just funny to see guys like Deion Sanders blatantly bash Manning, and praise Brady without getting called out by anyone.