Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Del Rio?

neug3246

7 hours ago, Shive said:

DC is under contract, McDaniels agreed to terms. Different story altogether.

They should have  signed him on dotted line to get picks now. Maybe he did not like idea of Colts putting out press conference first or was Colts just dumb to do so before he spoke to pats again?

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

They should have  signed him on dotted line to get picks now. Maybe he did not like idea of Colts putting out press conference first or was Colts just dumb to do so before he spoke to pats again?

The earliest they could have signed him was Monday. McDaniels agreed to the terms yesterday, went to clean out his office and say his goodbyes, and ended up meeting with Kraft and BB for hours. After which, he backed out of the job. There wasn't much the Colts could have done differently.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:06 PM, neug3246 said:

I know it wasn't his best year in Oakland but its not like he got fired because of bad performance. It was because Gruden came out of retirements and it wasn't a well known secret that Oakland wanted to bring him back for a while now.

He got fired because he fired his OC when the offense was humming and this year Carr regressed badly under the replacement.  He gambled and lost.  

I know personally, I would prefer not to see Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, Mike Shanahan, or any of these retreads brought in. Let's find a young, up and coming coach and see what happens. Other than Shanahan, the other retreads are more than likely going to lead us to consistent mediocrity 7-9 or 8-8 year in and year out. No thanks!