Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC coaches

AlanNC

2 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Jimmy G could have made us a playoff team, as a poster told you above.

PS Oh swell, you have a higher reputation. We'll, I gave up weed years ago so it's not really a contest. 

what-if-i-told-you-im-high-as-potato.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard is fine but I'm not sure I want too many KC guys in the Colts organization.  I mean really what have they ever accomplished in the playoffs since the 60's and early 70's? 

Totally agree on your point. The KC model is "be competitive" but what has that won them other than heartbreak and ultimately mediocrity.

10 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ballard is fine but I'm not sure I want too many KC guys in the Colts organization.  I mean really what have they ever accomplished in the playoffs since the 60's and early 70's? 

1-10 in the playoffs since 93, 0-6 at home. Blown homefield twice in first round . Beat Hoyer for one playoff win . Almost unbelievable incompetence. 

5 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

1-10 in the playoffs since 93, 0-6 at home. Blown homefield twice in first round . Beat Hoyer for one playoff win . Almost unbelievable incompetence. 

That 95' game was a beauty wasn't it??:D

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Not hardly. 

Ghost to post, baily drops ball off knee in Steeler game, bens shoestring tackle, double ot loss miami, horrible losses in NE, horrible losses vs Chargers , loss 41-0 zip vs jets, caldwell brain freeze time out to loss vs jets, vander super wide miss. Add more?

8 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Our playoff records since 70s,is just as bad.

Um...No it's not.  We've at least won a Super Bowl and got to two since the 70's. We have advanced to several AFC Championship Games as well.  The Colts have also won much more than 1 playoff game during that span.  No comparison.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Ghost to post, baily drops ball off knee in Steeler game, bens shoestring tackle, double ot loss miami, horrible losses in NE, horrible losses vs Chargers , loss 41-0 zip vs jets, caldwell brain freeze time out to loss vs jets, vander super wide miss. Add more?

Yeah they have had a checkered playoff history but it's far superior to the Chiefs or probably most teams. I doubt there are more than 4 or 5 teams that have won 14 or been in 30 playoff games since 80. 

18 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Hard to believe blowing an 18 point second half lead isn't your worst playoff moment in the last four years.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Um...No it's not.  We've at least won a Super Bowl and got to two since the 70's. We have advanced to several AFC Championship Games as well.  The Colts have also won much more than 1 playoff game during that span.  No comparison.

Ok but overall win and loss in playoffs is poor. We are atlanta braves of baseball.

1 hour ago, AlanNC said:

What is so interesting about any of KC coaches?  The o-line is just average and the play calling is not great.  Toub or Nagy don’t impress me that much.

What an ill informed rant. What does Toub have to do with the o-line or play calling? Absolutely nothing!

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

You inadvertently kind of made the point.  

McDaniels had nothing to do with the OL or play calling today either. Does that make him unqualified? Toab controlled his special teams and they were fine. Should he have jumped in and start to coach the OL and start calling plays? You inadvertently miss the coaching responsibilities.

4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

McDaniels had nothing to do with the OL or play calling today either. Does that make him unqualified? Toab controlled his special teams and they were fine. Should he have jumped in and start to coach the OL and start calling plays? You inadvertently miss the coaching responsibilities.

He's a special teams coach.  Not even a coordinator yet . The list of special teams guys hired and successful is small. I prefer somebody that controls one side of the ball. Doesn't mean he won't be a good coach but it's risky imo. Pagano was only a coordinator a year or two before the Colts hired him. Inexperienced and turns out a terrible game day coach .  But there aren't any good, experienced candidates  out there really .  

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

All that matters is that they are old buddies of our GM, the same guy who was sleep walking all last Summer instead of finding a competent backup QB. Then watch him pass over all best available QBs in the 2018 draft as we prepare for another season with a badly damaged QB.

Pit of misery for this post. DILLY DILLY

48 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

we dont have the talent of the titans, too many draft busts for us to compete with them

Maybe with a backup qb still learning offense and tons of injuries, and we still should have won both games.......It's a blessing in disguise...Saquon will thank them next year...

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Maybe with a backup qb still learning offense and tons of injuries, and we still should have won both games.......It's a blessing in disguise...Saquon will thank them next year...

If Luck plays this year the Titans are on a 14 game losing streak to the Colts . I can see where he would say we can't compete with them . wth. 

21 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

He's a special teams coach.  Not even a coordinator yet . The list of special teams guys hired and successful is small. I prefer somebody that controls one side of the ball. Doesn't mean he won't be a good coach but it's risky imo. Pagano was only a coordinator a year or two before the Colts hired him. Inexperienced and turns out a terrible game day coach .  But there aren't any good, experienced candidates  out there really .  

I'm not suggesting we hire Toab at all in my post. Just pointing out that he had nothing to do with play calling or OL. He is the special teams coordinator so he does have his own responsibilities.

Again not advocating Toab but a head coach is more of a CEO and manages his coaches. I am certain that a  prerequisite to be a CEO of GM is not having to have worked on the assemble line.

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

I'm not suggesting we hire Toab at all in my post. Just pointing out that he had nothing to do with play calling or OL. He is the special teams coordinator so he does have his own responsibilities.

Again not advocating Toab but a head coach is more of a CEO and manages his coaches. I am certain that a  prerequisite to be a CEO of GM is not having to have worked on the assemble line.

Yeah true. Who knows ?  Maybe Toub can  put together the staff of staffs . None of these guys is overly exciting at this point imo. Kind of like Richards .   

6 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Yeah true. Who knows ?  Maybe Toub can  put together the staff of staffs . None of these guys is overly exciting at this point imo. Kind of like Richards .   

That is the key for sure. Toab has been in the league a long time and has a very good reputation and would guess between he and Ballard they would have a very good chance of putting together an excellent staff.

6 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

It is odd, that we are changing HC, and we have a rare high draft pick, and nothing close to a slam dunk available for either. 

47 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Exactly!  Why he should NEVER be considered HC material. ..

I think you as well as a handful of posters on this board don’t truly understand what the role of an NFL coach is. It’s not just about playcalling and scheme. There are a bunch of coaches in the league who don’t call plays on either side of the ball. It’s about Leadership, game management, adjustments, pre-game preparation, setting lineups, teaching, assembling the right staff, discipline, keeping the locker room in check, and getting players to buy into a belief system.

Rex Ryan for example was great at calling defensive plays for the Jets but was very bad at keeping the locker room in check and assembled a poor staff.