Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Failure to Close

John Waylon

Well, to give up 7 sacks against a Titans team that had not rushed the passer well so far, seems like we have a serious flaw in picking up blitzes and scheming against it.

Nickel and edge blitzes continually go unpicked. If the QB cannot do it, the OC has to help out. How many weeks of this do we have to see before an adjustment is made to such blitzes?

These coaches have to go.

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, to give up 7 sacks against a Titans team that had not rushed the passer well so far, seems like we have a serious flaw in picking up blitzes and scheming against it.

Nickel and edge blitzes continually go unpicked. If the QB cannot do it, the OC has to help out. How many weeks of this do we have to see before an adjustment is made to such blitzes?

Exactly!  I have been saying this for 4 or 5 weeks now.  Any DC of the opposing team can see that an edge blitz will be effective 90% of the time.  Then you do a simple stunt blitz in the middle gaps and they again are 90% effective.  Same stuff every game....Philbin I hope you are reading this!

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I counted eight.  I could be wrong, though.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

it was 8

38 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I counted eight.  I could be wrong, though.

One was lame though. It was one where he took off and slid for a half yard gain, but they said he slid before the LOS so it counted as a sack. 

To me it was 7 sacks...as if that's any better..lollol