Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB next season

Nesjan3

When Chuck Pagano is fired after the season, given that he will be (if he is not this team has major problems in the upper parts of management!). Hypothetically If Luck is not ready or decides to retire, does the new coach and Ballard draft a quarterback and try to aquire some picks for Brisset, do we draft a qb and keep Brisset on board to battle with the rookie...or do we keep Brisset as our starting qb next season?

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

When Chuck Pagano is fired after the season, given that he will be (if he is not this team has major problems in the upper parts of management!). Hypothetically If Luck is not ready or decides to retire, does the new coach and Ballard draft a quarterback and try to aquire some picks for Brisset, do we draft a qb and keep Brisset on board to battle with the rookie...or do we keep Brisset as our starting qb next season?

Luck isn't going to retire.   Even if he never plays another down.   That would be a terrible financial situation

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's amazing how many people think Luck is going to retire. If I hear that 1 more time I think I am going to puke. Man the media is a powerful thing!

The media just wants attention on the situation and to do that they make it sound like his career is over. His work ethic is the reason I think he returns better than ever. 

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Already 15 threads on this....

Okay, taking your situation as you’ve put it to us (Luck will be back in reality), Brissett is more valuable as the new starter than the picks we’d get for him. He’s quite a way from being a 1st round pick worthy trade bait QB IMO. Although SF did just give up a high pick for Jimmy G, so what do I know. 

I would see Ballard keeping Brissett as his starter since he seems really high on him. Maybe use a 3rd/4th on a QB to compete.

This may initially sound crazy, but think about it.  JB has functioned admirably having been thrown into a sad situation and bad oLine.  I think the OC needs to go also.  With Luck becoming an unknown quantity, and he and Irsay seem not to be on the same page, how about this?  Gulp!

We trade Luc to Cleveland for 2 #1's and a #2!  That would give us 3 #1's and 2 #2's.  With that scenario we culd really rebuild this team!  JB gets to grow into the starting QB job.

I know, I must be crazy!  JMO