Twitter Action on TY

IndyD4U

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

Because if I'm a team on the outside looking in, he lead the league in receiving yards last year. That screams NO.1 WR to me. But on the inside looking out, Colts fans know his inconsistencies. Inconsistent players are not worth keeping around. 

Any team willing to trade for him has already scouted him and would know what he's capable of.  

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Yeah, I was just wondering how many picks we would have to give Cleveland to take Aiken off our roster

I think Aiken is getting bashed on here because of one bad game with drops. Yes, hes not a great player but really? Jack Doyle had a ton of drops a couple weeks ago and look what he did yesterday. Everyone has bad games. Aiken is ahead of Moncrief on the depth chart for the most part.. definitely gets more targets. The Aiken hate is unwarranted to me.

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Any team willing to trade for him has already scouted him and would know what he's capable of.  

We know what is capable of him but cant seem to get it all out of him.. whos to say another team cant get more? You cant look at a WR and say oh hes had 3 250 yard seasons in a row and call him a bust.. who else is on the roster? how are they using him? NE finds ways to use everyones washed up players and it works because of COACHING. TY will flourish on another team I bet. They will better utilize him

6 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

I think Aiken is getting bashed on here because of one bad game with drops. Yes, hes not a great player but really? Jack Doyle had a ton of drops a couple weeks ago and look what he did yesterday. Everyone has bad games. Aiken is ahead of Moncrief on the depth chart for the most part.. definitely gets more targets. The Aiken hate is unwarranted to me.

Not sure what games you have been watching
Recent Games
WK OPP RESULT RECEIVING RUSHING FUMBLES
REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LOST
8 @CIN L 23-24 2 33 16.5 21 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
7 JAX L 0-27 2 8 4 7 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
6 @TEN L 22-36 2 21 10.5 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
5 SF W 26-23 2 22 11 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
4 @SEA L 18-46 1 4 4 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
3 CLE W 31-28 1 9 9 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2 ARI L 13-16 3 31 10.3 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
1 @LA L 9-46 1 3 3 3 0

But he sucks!!!

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Not sure what games you have been watching
Recent Games
WK OPP RESULT RECEIVING RUSHING FUMBLES
REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LOST
8 @CIN L 23-24 2 33 16.5 21 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
7 JAX L 0-27 2 8 4 7 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
6 @TEN L 22-36 2 21 10.5 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
5 SF W 26-23 2 22 11 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
4 @SEA L 18-46 1 4 4 4 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
3 CLE W 31-28 1 9 9 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
2 ARI L 13-16 3 31 10.3 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
1 @LA L 9-46 1 3 3 3 0

But he sucks!!!

He has started in games over Moncrief this year.. if you've watched all of the games. Again, I'm not saying he is a great receiver.. but ill take him over how Moncrief has been playing. 

Just now, Mick12Maher said:

He has started in games over Moncrief this year.. if you've watched all of the games. Again, I'm not saying he is a great receiver.. but ill take him over how Moncrief has been playing. 

All of them are playing less than they are capable of and that is depressing.  Seems like they have zero heart and that is also depressing.

Aiken has dropped or flat out missed some very critical opportunities and so has almost all of the receivers.  Its not hate, it fact.  

The fact we have a raw or unpolished backup QB makes it that much more important for these guys to excel and play above expectations to help him out.  

Other than an occasional Doyle play and rarely a TY play they are all underwhelming and have contributed to our lack of offensive production which has also led to us having a less than desirable record.

Just calling it as it is bro

24 minutes ago, Mick12Maher said:

We know what is capable of him but cant seem to get it all out of him.. whos to say another team cant get more? You cant look at a WR and say oh hes had 3 250 yard seasons in a row and call him a bust.. who else is on the roster? how are they using him? NE finds ways to use everyones washed up players and it works because of COACHING. TY will flourish on another team I bet. They will better utilize him

Not sure where the Aiken hate comes from? The guy probably shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. He is terrible. Including this most recent awful showing, here is his stat line:

14 catches, 36 targets, 98 yards, 0 TD :yuk:

He's so bad that this past game actually raised his catch percentage and yds/catch. His stats this season put in the very bottom of the NFL WRs...and in the argument for the worst.

Yes, he is somehow #2 on the depth chart...because this coaching staff is also terrible. Here is Moncrief's stats:

18 catches, 32 targets, 271 yards, 1 TD

Moncrief is so much more talented and productive, yet they call plays for Aiken. Just another reason I am done with this coaching staff.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

I'm not for trading him, but if someone offered us the entire farm and then some, I'd be for it. But below that price, no thanks. 

Nobody's going to give you a lot for a non-physical receiver that dissapears when he goes up against anybody any good. You think we got Jerry Rice  in the 80s or something?  

7 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Nobody's going to give you a lot for a non-physical receiver that dissapears when he goes up against anybody any good. You think we got Jerry Rice  in the 80s or something?  

No duh, that's precisely my point.......

4 hours ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Exactly!  He's on pace for another decent personal season.  And the Colts will go 3-13?  4-12?  Hoorah TY! 

If the Colts have the QB we all think they have, they can find another TY, or a combination of people to make up for TY's numbers, if they can also block, run, tackle, sack, and protect a QB.  All things which cost picks or money too. 

we wont win without any good receivers either

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we wont win without any good receivers either

And trading TY, if it happens, doesn’t mean they won’t have good WRs next year.  We don’t know.  Just like we don’t know who will play tackle, guard, ILB, at least one of the corners, and on and on.  What we do know is TY is one of the very few pieces that has value if they are going to sell.  And likely the one piece that returns a high draft pick. 

8 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

And trading TY, if it happens, doesn’t mean they won’t have good WRs next year.  We don’t know.  Just like we don’t know who will play tackle, guard, ILB, at least one of the corners, and on and on.  What we do know is TY is one of the very few pieces that has value if they are going to sell.  And likely the one piece that returns a high draft pick. 

a second round pick isnt enough for me, its not like we have to trade him at all

id listen if somebody wants to offer more than that

21 hours ago, dw49 said:

Cooks is only 24 years old and has a base salary of 1.5 for this year and 8.5 for next year. TY is 3 years older and has base salaries of 8 mil this year , 11 mill next year and 13 mill the following year. I use base salary as the team that traded for TY would not be responsible for anything more than his base going forward. What I think is relevant here is a team trading for TY might very well want him to "alter" his contract a bit. So with the age difference and TY getting very expensive after this year , you lose a little value

But hilton has had much more success than brandin had up to that point...so that drives his price up

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why would you use that pick to get a WR? That's ridiculous. You'd use it on something like an O-Lineman, CB, Pass Rusher or RB. Then you'd draft a WR later and pick one up in FA. That would be the most amateur thing in the world to trade Hilton for a 2nd and to draft a WR with the same pick. I also think Cooks is a bit better than Hilton, btw. He won't have all the huge games like him, but he also won't get shut down as much either. The Pats traded for the right type of receiver for their offense. Cooks is also younger than Hilton and doesn't have his contract.

Regardless if you pick OL or whatever u still need to use a pick on  WR because u have no other. You dont get better u just hope you pick correctly so u dont lose out on the trade. Which is why to me it makes no sense u dont gain anything but possiblity of getting better at another position and then having to invest again on WR.

Its stupid. U get rid of a proven asset to maybe get better somewhere else AND THATS IT. NOthing else. 

So best case scenario we suck at WR and improve at OL. You still need a WR. U jsut changed needs. Isnt the whole point of trading good players getting better overall? I dont see it with your proposition.

Worse case scenario ur pick is a bust and you lost your only real weapon.

I would at least take 2 picks no way i trade him for bitonio. Or a 2nd.

You people value draft picks a lot liek they are easy replacements...what did the rams did with the rg3 trade?

Browns still looking bad.

If we had more than 1 WR i would MAYBE get it, but not our deal.

21 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The premise of what you are saying here, I think is absolutely correct, and here's why.

If you accept the statistical fact that only x% of draft picks actually work out to be a guy, then you take that guy and divide by the expected hit percentage.  So for example, if we think that TY is in reality currently a first round talent (which I would say he is, pretty indisputably, based on his body of work), then for fair value you would take 1 divided by the expected hit percentage (in this example, let's say 50% - for I think 50% is about right as a success percentage, conservatively speaking -> I actually think the hit ratio is lower than 50/50, probably more like only 30%).

So any way, you take 1 / .5 = 2 firsts.  I think and established player that is a valuable, still young, asset piece on your roster is ALWAYS worth more than a single draft choice.  Thus, I would not entertain trading TY unless I am getting close the equivalent of two firsts, or a first - 2nd - and maybe even more.  I say this because you need to have the number of picks for the probability of hitting on that pick becoming statistically probable.  And even at that, say you trade him for two 1s, but one of those 1s is a fail and the other is a hit, are you really ahead simply giving up one established hit for a different hit?

Exactly, even if you nail ur 1 pick you got you only traded needs. I know there been cases where people trade their best players but thats because it helps them get better overall, in multiple places. Here you are trading one need for another. 

And i rather have a 1000 yard WR than bitonio. Or most Guards for that matter. I mean if its so easy to replace a 1000 yard WR with a mid round pick then what the heck. Get a good guard with your 3rd pick.

If they move TY then the Colts are in a full rebuild.  

Seems silly to move TY though.  Luck has to have someone to throw the ball to when/if he comes back next year.  

For his production when Luck is on the field TY's salary is actually a bargain.