Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Not Practicing again this week.

gnet550

Title says it all.  I read it on twitter.  Pagano said there were no setbacks he is just one week away on his throwing progression, so sounds like he should be a go next week for practice.  

Ryan Kelly also will be back on a limited basis.

Vontae will be back as a full participant.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If all of our main pieces can be back by week 6, (minus Geathers) we could really be something. Can't wait. 

Geathers may end up IRd. It's a shame because he's the only S we have that is virsital enough to be a hybrid like last year. I'm sure others can but he sure has a knack for doing it well. 

Pagano said they had hoped he would practice this week, but it just didn't happen and there was no setback. At this point i'll believe it when i see it in regards to next week.  I fully expect the Colts though to at least do enough with him where they can list him as at least limited in practice in the next 2 weeks that  way they don't come across as fools for taking him off the Pup list.  If he is not good enough to practice at all right now, i question whether or not he will be good enough to play a game by week 6. 

34 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If all of our main pieces can be back by week 6, (minus Geathers) we could really be something. Can't wait. 

Not looking good there.  I've always said it will take Luck 3 weeks from the day he begins full participation in practice.  Dr. Chao says 4.  That means if Luck is practicing on 10/4, He 'might' be ready to play the 10/22 game.  Dr. Chao leans more toward the 10/29 game.  Delay that a start week for each week beyond 10/4 where A. Luck has yet to start practicing.

24 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Pagano said they had hoped he would practice this week, but it just didn't happen and there was no setback. At this point i'll believe it when i see it in regards to next week.  I fully expect the Colts though to at least do enough with him where they can list him as at least limited in practice in the next 2 weeks that  way they don't come across as fools for taking him off the Pup list.  If he is not good enough to practice at all right now, i question whether or not he will be good enough to play a game by week 6. 

If Luck was on the PUP, he could not even practice with the team until after week 6 is in the books (Monday night Colts - Titans). So if Luck Practices before the 18th, it was ok to not PUP him.  If his first practice is on the 18th, it's a wash.  After that it was a miscalculation (or an appeasement for the fans), IMHO.

Realistically, I'm looking at the Jags game, and Dr. Chao leans toward the Bengals game, unless there is further delay in getting on the practice field.

44 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Geathers may end up IRd. It's a shame because he's the only S we have that is virsital enough to be a hybrid like last year. I'm sure others can but he sure has a knack for doing it well. 

Yeah, hopefully his career isn't over. Which would be a shame because he was a star in the making in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Title says it all.  I read it on twitter.  Pagano said there were no setbacks he is just one week away on his throwing progression, so sounds like he should be a go next week for practice.  

Ryan Kelly also will be back on a limited basis.

Vontae will be back as a full participant.

links?

Not what anyone wanted to hear, but hopefully he'll be on the practice field this time next week.  Even if he doesn't' make it back until the Jaguars home game, the schedule is very favorable.  Probably won't be much room for error but they will have a decent chance in all of those games, especially if the defense continues to get better.  Hopefully the crew can pull out 2 more wins before he comes back, I'd say the 49ers game is a must win. 

Last 10 games

Vs Jags

@Bengals

@ Texans

Vs Steelers

Vs Titans

@ Jags

@ Bills

Vs Broncos

@ Ravens

Vs Texans

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

gotta think Pagano just had his job saved. 

If we get Luck, Kelly, Vontae and group back together in a few weeks, AND if we win the Division we could realistically make a little noise in the playoffs.  I would hope we could peak at the right time, then anything could happen.  Yeah, maybe even save Pagano's job?

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If we get Luck, Kelly, Vontae and group back together in a few weeks, AND if we win the Division we could realistically make a little noise in the playoffs.  I would hope we could peak at the right time, then anything could happen.  Yeah, maybe even save Pagano's job?

thats starting to be a very unlikely thing to do. 

6 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I hope not he is lousy.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

How does not having Luck for XXXX games save his job.

lowered expectations.  Right now Brissett is making 1-2 interesting because he's a new face and he's playing well.  I doubt the Colts would be happy with 1-2, 2-3, football if they weren't intrigued by the new young quarterback.

With Luck under center, people would be screaming for Pagano's head.  With a backup in and seeming like he has some ability, it can allow Pagano to focus on the new kid, get people excited about how much progress he's making, and keep his job with results that clearly would have gotten him fired with Luck under center.

Just now, csmopar said:

Cause he'll use it as an excuse at the end of the season.  Not saying itll work but I guarantee you, he and his diehard followers will try to use it as one

I think if we miss the Playoffs he is gone regardless. I don't think not having Luck for half a season will even save him this time. I wouldn't doubt if Ballard already has 2 or 3 guys in mind that he wants to replace Chuck. It's Playoffs or bust for Chuck IMO.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if we miss the Playoffs he is gone regardless. I don't think not having Luck for half a season will even save him this time. I wouldn't doubt if Ballard already has 2 or 3 guys in mind that he wants to replace Chuck. It's Playoffs or bust for Chuck IMO.

hope youre right

I feel better knowing that QB Jacoby Brissett can score TDs with his legs worst come to worst & for the most part, he's making good decisions with the ball making the right reads until Luck gets back in the starting rotation. 

At least JB is competitive & I like that kid's drive & tenacity. 

Slightly off topic: Why did the TV broadcasters on NFL Sunday Ticket doing play by play for the game talk about Cleveland so much in the 2nd half when we used to be the Baltimore Colts BTW? 

My pet peeve was this: It was LOS home game & the way the broadcasters talked about the Browns you would have thought INDY was down all game long. I was so disgusted by that. #Deflate Gate Bias rhetoric. Why do so many broadcasters hate INDY so darn much? Sigh...

7 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I feel better knowing that QB Jacoby Brissett can score TDs with his legs worst come to worst & for the most part, he's making good decisions with the ball making the right reads until Luck gets back in the starting rotation. 

At least JB is competitive & I like that kid's drive & tenacity. 

Slightly off topic: Why did the TV broadcasters on NFL Sunday Ticket doing play by play for the game talk about Cleveland so much in the 2nd half when we used to be the Baltimore Colts BTW? 

My pet peeve was this: It was LOS home game & the way the broadcasters talked about the Browns you would have thought INDY was down all game long. I was so disgusted by that. #Deflate Gate Bias rhetoric. Why do so many broadcasters hate INDY so darn much? Sigh...

There are many that disagree with me but I truly believe since Deflategate the media takes every shot they can at us. I noticed in 2015 a lot of times we would make a big play and get called for a penalty too. Replay showed otherwise on a lot of those.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are many that disagree with me but I truly believe since Deflategate the media takes every shot they can at us. I noticed in 2015 a lot of times we would make a big play and get called for a penalty too. Replay showed otherwise on a lot of those.

I wouldn't say that is false.  Just like they will mention Tom Brady and the Patriots constantly.  Tom Brady is 40 if you did not know.  Just wait and every possible ESPN programming will let you know.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think so, missing the Playoffs 3 years in a row is unacceptable.

Thank you for have the brass ones to say that. Preach. 

Look, I like Pagano as a person & CC1 has said repeatedly that Jimmy won't make his final decision on Chuck's fate based on this year's record. If the Texans win the AFC Crown again, Pags has got to go. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thank you for have the brass ones to say that. Preach. 

Look, I like Pagano as a person & CC1 has said repeatedly that Jimmy won't make his final decision on Chuck's fate based on this year's record. If the Texans win the AFC Crown again, Pags has got to go. 

I have always liked Chuck and he isn't near the worse Coach in the league, I have him mid pack but we if we miss the Playoffs this season, something has to give IMO

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know right?! It's like they can't let it go. It's like how dare Indianapolis tarnish the greatness of Tom Brady. Easy there Foxboro fans, you beat Atlanta to get your 5th ring. You should be happy. Can't they just say Tom is invincible & let Ryan Grigson's actions go already? LOL!  

[I'm not including my Patriot friends in my venting session BTW. You know who you are. ]

Yeah, I agree CBE. That Pass Interference call against Melvin in the waining moments of the game was such bull you know what. Talk about a ticky tack penalty. That one royally ticked me off. 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I know right?! It's like they can't let it go. It's like how dare Indianapolis tarnish the greatness of Tom Brady. Easy there Foxboro fans, you beat Atlanta to get your 5th ring. You should be happy. Can't they just say Tom is invincible & let Ryan Grigson's actions go already? LOL!  

[I'm not including my Patriot friends in my venting session BTW. You know who you are. ]

Yeah, I agree CBE. That Pass Interference call against Melvin in the waining moments of the game was such bull you know what. Talk about a ticky tack penalty. That one royally ticked me off. 

I have just noticed really awful calls since 2015 we have got in big situations that we never got called for before the Championship Game. I am not Tony Romo but predicted some these would happen right after a big play.

25 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I wouldn't say that is false.  Just like they will mention Tom Brady and the Patriots constantly.  Tom Brady is 40 if you did not know.  Just wait and every possible ESPN programming will let you know.

Uh huh. If I hear one more pundit rave about Tommy's special recovery jammy's & his precious avocado ice cream, I'm gonna break something. Jesus. 

I remember when Montana, Aikman,&  Elway were winning SBs & reporters didn't go gaga over their diet or what they wore to go beddy bye for crying out loud. SMH. 

Not Brady's fault I know. Just these broadcast lapdogs that idolize him.